General UFC/MMA discussion, news, updates, etc.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: General UFC/MMA discussion, news, updates, etc.

Jones already said he wont be ready for MSG event and if its looking like hell be back early next year im pretty sure DC will wait and just fight Jon then and not have a war with Rumble in the mean time.

Comment

Yeah the timing is bad

No CM, Brock, GSP, Honda, JJ or Silva

Comment

I thought so too, I'm just curious what they're going to make the main event.

It's either Jon Jones (he recently hinted he'd be interested in fighting Stipe).

Ronda Rousey, but they can't sell the Holm fight again because she sucks. It'd have to be vs Cyborg, or for the belt. I'm not interested in Rousey vs Nunes, personally.

GSP unlikely for the reasons above.

Nick Diaz as much as I like him he's not the main event for a huge card (unless it was against GSP).

McNugget on medical suspension.

Brock is dead in the water.

Idk there has to be a superstar match-up on that card.

Comment

yeah if rousey came back and headlined it def be for the title , dana already said she gets immediate shot when she returns
          http://cdn0.sbnation.com/assets/3337...RAW_medium.jpg

Comment

rousey headlining is probably the most likely scenario

Comment

Honda is out until early 2017 apparently

What they need is a non title main event quality match to co-main (like Brock/Hunt) but I don't know what fighters are available in that category right now

They better not put a tiny weight title match as the co-main.

No DJ and no wmma title fight

I would take Aldo vs Holloway if CM is vacating

Comment

I don't know if we can entirely rule out Jon Jones. All he said on twitter was "no", with no explanation. He could have been told to keep it under wraps.

Glad it's not Mighty Queer, Aldo vs Holloway would be a decent co-main, neither are a draw though.

Khabib/Alvarez? Still not that big of a deal.

I have a feeling it's something to do with Nick Diaz.

Comment

Originally posted by billybobjoe View Post
                  Originally posted by Potijelli View Post
                  Originally posted by billybobjoe View Post
                  Originally posted by Potijelli View Post
                  bellator 161 tonight everybody get hype for Kongo to win 5 of his last 6

JewFC will stay relevant bc when the union gets put into place they wont be able to dick around the fighters so much. Its kinda sad the current state of MMA where the biggest promotion in the world is paying there fighters 8k/8k, but i guess thats what you get in a sport where the fans are so deluded that they get mad when somebody gets payed properly (CM Punk/mcgregor)
                  cm punk litterally got paid more for one fight than prob every fighter from the last 4 events combined from bellator

im waiting on an event like that kimbo vs shamrock card, that was amazing
                  and people are STILL leaving the ufc for bellator so think how little they must be getting paid in the ufc
                  sponshership money the main reason imo

thats what gsp is fighting over and y he aint comin back unless they compensate him cause hes losing millions from it

and famously big brown was making over 100k from sponsherships from some dick pill comany iirc
                  yeah thats why the reebok deal was the breaking point for a lot of fighters. if youre only getting max 30k from sponsorships then the promotion has to make up for that. gsp makes millions from under armor for sitting on the couch, why would he fight for the ufc to take a pay cut

at this point gsp would literally make more money fighting for bellator even if they didnt pay him a dime
                  Originally posted by Eriko
                  you dont have a sig

Comment

The thing that trips me out about the whole sponsorship thing, is i get reebok doesnt want shit on their gear, i can live with that, but why cant fighters have banners anymore? Having Banners is the perfect compromise in the situation. Theyre just going about it the wrong way. Having a uniform like its a sports team in the NFL or NBA etc is stupid it isnt a team sport Reebok should be embracing the individuality instead of having 5 different options all dog shit. Let each fighter custom make their Reebok packages, colors patterns style etc. Anyone whos buying the current reebok fight kits is a fuckin dork, i bet people would be wayyy more interested in buying a shirt or something if they knew it was designed by the fighter they liked and was fairly original.

Comment

yikes didnt realize i was typin a paragraph, my bad.

Comment

Reebok kit looks like some non inspired generic Virtua Tennis gear from 2000

Ugly AF

Comment

Chaunce on point af though.

Comment

As much as I'm a McGregor fan, I don't want him to face Alvarez. I think a rematch with Aldo is gonna generate more ppv buys. Alvarez should just face Khabib since the UFC's also planning an event in Russia soon. Khabib will be their biggest draw there..

Conor >>>
                            Khabib >>>
                            TDE

sigpic

Comment

Khabib would absolutely rape Conor.

Comment

so u guys think Rashad has any chance of beating kennedy...? this losing streak has been ugly

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X