• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is Paris Dennard an Uncle Tom ?

Originally posted by Moose View Post
    Originally posted by Gama View Post
    Also Miami Dolphins were forced to stand, maybe he thought the other teams owners would do the same?

Doubt it, I forget only one side to the coin.
    Fuck Miami Dolphins owner, such a bitch. Forced players to stand against their will/beliefs, except in China/Russia/I don't know anywhere it could be possible. What a shame ! AND this is ridiculous because everybody knows what they are thinking for real, they stands for protesting.
    They have to follow rules? What the fuck is this the USSR?
    " Standing right and put your hand in your heart during the Anthem " - Football Rules. What the fuck ? " United States freedom country be a good sheep or get the fuck out ". The fact that you think this is normal, frightenned me .. Aw shit. They are under contracts so they are boss slaves right?
    Originally posted by Wreckless
    Gama the best. Brutal ruthless cold hearted killer.

Comment

They are under contracts so they are boss slaves right?
      No but they are employee/employer though.

employé/employeur

Comment

It's a privately owned company, you retard.

"The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking."

So, yes, football rules.

If you own a private company, you make the rules. You hire people that agree to the rules, if they don't follow the rules you can punish them. Are you understanding yet?

Comment

"They are under contracts so they are boss slaves right?"

Yeah, slaves that make millions. You're pathetic to associate that with legitimate slavery.

Comment

Originally posted by Tadgh View Post
            Also Miami Dolphins were forced to stand, maybe he thought the other teams owners would do the same?

Doubt it, I forget only one side to the coin.
            Fuck Miami Dolphins owner, such a bitch. Forced players to stand against their will/beliefs, except in China/Russia/I don't know anywhere it could be possible. What a shame ! AND this is ridiculous because everybody knows what they are thinking for real, they stands for protesting.
            It's a private company. Just like any other job.

Just like your job. You probably have a whole rulebook you're supposed to follow at work. You can absolutely protest against those rules, but being an employee they also have the right to reprimand/discipline you for breaking rules.

I don't think the players should be punished, and I think it reflects poorly on the teams if they decide to do so. But that doesn't eliminate the fact that these players are employees of the team and the employer absolutely has the right to implement/enforce rules.

**edit**

Not any other job, not every business is private. But you get the point.
            I absolutly got this point but thank you for explaining me in details ! I think this is your culture around business etc that makes you believe this is totally normal. A contract could allowed your boss to forced you to do something against your beliefs? More I know about your country, more it is interesting for real

Humans Rights, who is ten Times more important that any country's Constitution/Business market Laws tells " There are no authorities that interfere with your right to hold or change your beliefs "

Comment

I don't think you know how contracts work, you fucking retard. You're not forced to sign a contract. You can't sign something, then after signing it say "yeah, I signed a contract that said I'd do this, but it's against my believes so I'm not going to."

Comment

In America the constitution absolutely supersedes "business laws". Hence why players are kneeling. The rules state that they should (not must, which is a pretty important word in context) stand for the Anthem. Now those are NFL rules, each team is privately owned as well. Someone paid hundreds of millions of dollars to own that team. They are well within their rights to assign rules to an organization they own.

They don't "own" the players any more than your employer owns you. The beautiful thing about employment is that it's a choice. If you don't like the way your team is run you can request or even "demand" to be traded. This has happened plenty of times by players that didn't like their teammates, coaches, ownership etc. Or you can even exercise your right to walk away from that employer at any time. You don't HAVE to play football. You don't HAVE to work anywhere. It's a choice. But so long as you choose to accept a paycheck from your employer, you should choose to follow the rules they set forth.

I support the players kneeling, and again I think it's a bad look if they get "fired" just for doing so. But if that happens, or if a team issues a statement that you will be fined/cut for kneeling, that is 100% without a doubt within their rights as the owners of that organization.

There's a substantial difference between requesting someone choose a paycheck over their beliefs, and forcing someone to do so. These players are not forced to do anything.

Comment

I get yall point, this is more your point of view " This is totally normal " makes me feel a lil bit weird. They are under contract " THEY HAVE TO PUT THEIR HANDS TO THEIR HEART DURING THE ANTHEM ! " ... Wtf ! This should be a patriotic symbol, what the fuck the link between guys that play football and the obligation to show your patriotic attachement with a set up show like WWE. To me that makes no sense.

Comment

"so what they agreed to do it, I mean they weren't forced to sign the contract, but they shouldn't have to honor it, right? That's crazy. That's like literal slavery. It's like living under Stalin."

Comment

This is totally normal. This is as simple as rules set forth by an employer. It's literally the same in all corners of the globe.

It is no different than a dress code. It's no different that work hours. It's no different than the employers in China that require Tai Chi during designated breaks.

You keep putting "totally normal" in quotes like America is the only place on Earth where company's have rules for their employees.

Comment

In America the constitution absolutely supersedes "business laws". Hence why players are kneeling. The rules state that they should (not must, which is a pretty important word in context) stand for the Anthem. Now those are NFL rules, each team is privately owned as well. Someone paid hundreds of millions of dollars to own that team. They are well within their rights to assign rules to an organization they own.

They don't "own" the players any more than your employer owns you. The beautiful thing about employment is that it's a choice. If you don't like the way your team is run you can request or even "demand" to be traded. This has happened plenty of times by players that didn't like their teammates, coaches, ownership etc. Or you can even exercise your right to walk away from that employer at any time. You don't HAVE to play football. You don't HAVE to work anywhere. It's a choice. But so long as you choose to accept a paycheck from your employer, you should choose to follow the rules they set forth.

I support the players kneeling, and again I think it's a bad look if they get "fired" just for doing so. But if that happens, or if a team issues a statement that you will be fined/cut for kneeling, that is 100% without a doubt within their rights as the owners of that organization.

There's a substantial difference between requesting someone choose a paycheck over their beliefs, and forcing someone to do so. These players are not forced to do anything.
                        I understand what you are saying and totally respect your words, for real. But to me contracts with clauses against Humans Rights are illegal in my country. " Do this even if you ain't sharing our beliefs and dissrespect yourself or no food in you and your family table and go fuck yourself " means " be forced to do something " even if the owner did'nt by put a gun on the players head.

Sometimes I ain't get how your laws are working. Laws should be good for people, protected them against all the unfair system in our world .. Not allowed rich to owned poor people with US contracts. Makes me feel bad for real. I guess it is about culture.

Comment

I mean Japan has only really established their anthem by law in the 90's and require everyone stand. They even disciplined hundreds of teachers in schools for not standing. In Italy it's almost identical to the US, you're supposed to stand. There are likely less countries that DON'T play their anthem at sporting events, and have expectations of respect, than do.

So I'm really not understanding why any of this is super "weird" to you?

I've been to sporting events in France. I've heard La Marseillaise play and watched everyone pop to their feet and sing/hum along. I've also heard the lyrics which contain

"To arms, citizens,
                          Form your battalions,
                          Let’s march, let’s march!
                          Let an impure blood
                          Water our furrows!"

Which is pretty dicey if you ask me.

Comment

I don't think you know how contracts work, you fucking retard. You're not forced to sign a contract. You can't sign something, then after signing it say "yeah, I signed a contract that said I'd do this, but it's against my believes so I'm not going to."
                            " Contracts work in United States ". Fixed. And no I didn't know.

Comment

I understand what you are saying and totally respect your words, for real. But to me contracts with clauses against Humans Rights are illegal in my country. " Do this even if you ain't sharing our beliefs and dissrespect yourself or no food in you and your family table and go fuck yourself " means " be forced to do something " even if the owner did'nt by put a gun on the players head.

Sometimes I ain't get how your laws are working. Laws should be good for people, protected them against all the unfair system in our world .. Not allowed rich to owned poor people with US contracts. Makes me feel bad for real. I guess it is about culture.

I think you're still missing the point. Especially since the protesters have stated on numerous occasions that it isn't the flag/anthem they're protesting. They've only selected that time as the host of their protest because it reaches a lot of people. So what beliefs are really being violated? It's not a matter of beliefs it's a matter of social justice, one that does not rely on the host of their protest. As in, it can and does exist without this particular form of protest.

And you've got to step off the high horse, sir. Because there are companies in France that banned muslim women from wearing the hijab at work. That's a matter of religion, which to some is the ultimate belief. It's all to easy to sit there from the outside and pick out the headlines you see on the internet and start throwing stones.

Comment

No contract in France can forced you to sing " La marseillaise " and if you don't you get fired because this is illegal.

The fuck the link between supporters that sing the Anthem and players that Bene called by their president/VP as " Anti-american / Against your country values " and could get fired because they put à knee on the field? You was nice and brought a lot OF knowl Meow but your post abt french sport event looks like an Ekelon post. Have a good day tho

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X