General UFC/MMA discussion, news, updates, etc.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: General UFC/MMA discussion, news, updates, etc.

Originally posted by Potijelli View Post
    really getting rid of weight cuts is ideal but thats easier said than done. they need something that is actually going to deter the fighters, and youd think that a big part of their purse would be enough but it doesnt seem to work.

I feel like money is the only motivating factor tho besides cutting the fighters from the ufc outright (which isnt gonna happen with these stars who miss weight like khabib) its not enough. Even tho in the first seasons of TUF that is what worked either you make weight or go try a different sport (and those guys had to cut like 3 times in a month or so)

maybe they can give 100% of the purse to the opponent if they dont make weight, or better yet give them no money and also fine them like NYSAC did for fighters who missed weight. At least that way the fat ass fighters are so broke they cant afford to eat and will make weight the next time
    If they give 100% of their purse they would just pull out and not fight. I think bigger fines is a good idea, and if you miss weight more than once you should be forced to fight at a weight class higher.

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis Rader View Post
      i heard that in the FC and i liked it at first but then i thought the problem with that is than we never even get a catchweight fight when people miss by a few
      either take the catchweight or take a loss imo
      but look at it this way, why would the guy who made weight ever accept the catchweight fight if he is otherwise guaranteed a win.

khabib never weighted in but say he missed weight so he should take an auto L but say they coulda done a catch weight at 160 for the people but then tony says no and takes the auto win.

i like the idea but its not polished yet is all
      good point,

I would say take out the auto loss because that would fuck up rankings, if a fighter agrees to the catchweight, gets more than...what was it 20-30% of the other fighter's purse? make it 50%

If a fighter is sent to the hospital and is unable to make weight-ins it will be a auto loss. This would give incentives to fighters to rather miss weight instead of pushing themselves to an unhealthy position

Point being: UFC gotta find a way to make sure fighters don't fuckin die via weightcut

Sidenote:
      http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/3/14...-misses-weight

California killin the game, first early weightins now this
      Fuck vegas
      NY stays losing
      KOTD

Comment

I dunno...I see silva winning....im just a kelvin hater

Comment

This should be an example set by the UFC and not individual commissions people need to stop giving these bum ass commissions power. They got no right to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaunce View Post
            This should be an example set by the UFC and not individual commissions people need to stop giving these bum ass commissions power. They got no right to do that.
            how much power does the UFC have over this matter though? IIRC UFC needs the okay to change anything

But to your point, UFC should be more vocal about this issue for sure

Comment

http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/3/14...-tyron-woodley

DJ reminds me of that dave chappelle and wayne brady skit "black actors gonna stick together"

Comment

UFC signs the checks. Its as simple as that. They should have the power.

The promotions in general should hold the fighters they have under contract accountable for their actions, not the commissions. If the commissions fine someone not fighting in the UFC 1k for missing weight theres a good chance thats all their purse especially if its some local promotion.

Imo there should only be 1 mma commission with 1 set of rules that governs the entire united states mma. Thats never gonna happen but thats ideal. Commissions dont have the right to fine fighters imo. Suspend someone for acting unprofessional or failing a drug test but keep ur hand out their pockets especially when you dont contribute to the sport.

Comment

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSNREtboX3s"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSNREtboX3s[/ame]

fuck the comiission

fuck the ufc

Ive since known since rome sins drove the syndromes of the unknowns craft

Leave my sig in church (signature) so they know its mine, opening up brains (branes) with string theory changing space and time

Comment

Comment

Random question for yall: anyone follow any MMA related youtube channel/podcast? need more to kill time at work

JRE/Big brown breakdown are the only podcasts I listen to that are MMA related

MMADigest is the only youtube channel I follow, Highly recommend it since they update right when news comes out plus its hilarious af

Montageking has the best highlights/top 10 videos out there

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis Rader View Post
                        Random question for yall: anyone follow any MMA related youtube channel/podcast? need more to kill time at work

JRE/Big brown breakdown are the only podcasts I listen to that are MMA related

MMADigest is the only youtube channel I follow, Highly recommend it since they update right when news comes out plus its hilarious af

Montageking has the best highlights/top 10 videos out there
                        i like mma digest

mma world aint bad either

the matt sera official ufc podcast is actually pretty good and funny imo

bisping got a podcast but i dont like it as much as matt sera's

Leave my sig in church (signature) so they know its mine, opening up brains (branes) with string theory changing space and time

Comment

of course theres the chael sonnen podcast as well

luke thomas i think is decent dont really watch it, everything else related to ariel fagwanni i ignore

Comment

Ya i think serra and jim nortons podcast is pretty dope when they do it, i only listen to it occasionally

Whenever they have dana on it hes really candid and honest and its neat to get that insight

Comment

mma sound is good for full clips and interviews from various places like intveriews, podcasts and things like that

surprised there not been flagged yet or taken down, they got like 20k subs

Comment

ya fuck any of those pages that like bite rogan vids or other mma shit.

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X