General UFC/MMA discussion, news, updates, etc.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: General UFC/MMA discussion, news, updates, etc.

prize fighting pertains to professional boxing

ufc promotes mixed martial arts not prize fighting.
    Originally posted by Eriko
    you dont have a sig

Comment

conor is a prizefighter
      Originally posted by I Hope You Die
      But yeah great job Tommy on this crafty text battle. If you had your own video game it would be called RhymeCraft. LOL! joking... Strategic bars.... That's something people gotta deal with.
      http://i.imgur.com/on9pHmh.png

FREE KRAW

Comment

Conor "anybody, anywhere, any time" McGregor* as long as meet the list of stipulations.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose View Post
          Frankie would fuck Holloway up though, no doubt.
          Make this fight happen!!

I respect where you are coming from, and can tell this is all more based off of preference on certain values. I will not be able to change so-so mind but simply stating my belief on why I do not see eye to eye with some of the points.

Simply Im just saying McGregor isnt ducking Edgar

Why did UFC pick RDA and not defend the FW belt?
          when has there been in recent time when two champs were willing to fight each other? most of the time they just tease each other

(ex: upper weight class champs superfights over the past years, im dying to see cruz vs dj 2).

UFC never match makes over who deserves it, only if you can sell it, which is why RDA was chosen.

Another point i will add is that after RDA pulled out Aldo and Edgar were both offered the fight, yes they both turn it down due to timing/injury, but the fact that they offered it showed intent on fighting those two. Also due to the short notice, McGregor was unable to cut down to 145 due preparing for a 155 bout

Sure you can argue who would take fights on short notice or something along those lines, but the majority of conor's fights had been on short notice too.

The whole picking Mendez over Edgar thing:
          (I acknowledge that Edgar IIRC was in better condition at the time)

UFC was the one who picked Mendez, who at the time was ranked number 1, and as well was being credited as a KO artist which would had been the better fight to sell. Compared to Edgar's more common point scoring fighting style (he has been finishing dudes lately).

Also regarding about why fight holloway when he already beaten him, that same logic can be used on Why defend the belt when Conor KO'd the guy who cleared out the division.
          Its a champ's job to defend the belt right? Naw UFC don't play like that, plus aldo rarely ever defended his belt.

There may be a few other points that i had forgotten but this is were i am basically coming from.

All love MMA thread

Comment

https://cagepages.com/2016/06/21/ufc...ng-suspension/

DIEGO FERRIERA SUSPENDED FOR ONE YEAR FOR USING ILLEGAL DRUGS

LMAO WHEN WILL BRAZILIANS EVER LEARN??

FUCKING CHEATS

FUCK BRAZIL
            TDE

sigpic

Comment

McGregor def duckin frankie lol

Had the choice the whole time before aldo but took easy fights and an unprepared chad mendes

You're lying to yourself if you say otherwise tbh

Comment

frankie should have def got the short notice fight against mcgregor

they knew frankie always in shape and chad isnt

Ive since known since rome sins drove the syndromes of the unknowns craft

Leave my sig in church (signature) so they know its mine, opening up brains (branes) with string theory changing space and time

Comment

Originally posted by danmcfart View Post
                  Originally posted by Moose View Post
                  Frankie would fuck Holloway up though, no doubt.
                  Make this fight happen!!

I respect where you are coming from, and can tell this is all more based off of preference on certain values. I will not be able to change so-so mind but simply stating my belief on why I do not see eye to eye with some of the points.

Simply Im just saying McGregor isnt ducking Edgar

Why did UFC pick RDA and not defend the FW belt?
                  when has there been in recent time when two champs were willing to fight each other? most of the time they just tease each other

(ex: upper weight class champs superfights over the past years, im dying to see cruz vs dj 2).

UFC never match makes over who deserves it, only if you can sell it, which is why RDA was chosen.

Another point i will add is that after RDA pulled out Aldo and Edgar were both offered the fight, yes they both turn it down due to timing/injury, but the fact that they offered it showed intent on fighting those two. Also due to the short notice, McGregor was unable to cut down to 145 due preparing for a 155 bout

Sure you can argue who would take fights on short notice or something along those lines, but the majority of conor's fights had been on short notice too.

The whole picking Mendez over Edgar thing:
                  (I acknowledge that Edgar IIRC was in better condition at the time)

UFC was the one who picked Mendez, who at the time was ranked number 1, and as well was being credited as a KO artist which would had been the better fight to sell. Compared to Edgar's more common point scoring fighting style (he has been finishing dudes lately).

Also regarding about why fight holloway when he already beaten him, that same logic can be used on Why defend the belt when Conor KO'd the guy who cleared out the division.
                  Its a champ's job to defend the belt right? Naw UFC don't play like that, plus aldo rarely ever defended his belt.

There may be a few other points that i had forgotten but this is were i am basically coming from.

All love MMA thread
                  UFC chose Mendez, RDA and Diaz because CM asked them to.

They give him preferential treatment. That is not even debatable.

That's why the 145 champ was scheduled to main event against a 155'er at a weight class neither of them are ranked or relevant at (170).

Where in the history of mma or any fight sport has an interim title been created for an UNINJURED champion who is fighting an irrelevant fight on the same card the interim belt is being fought for?

He needs to defend the belt or relinquish it but that is his only path to 155 and 170 title shots so he will hold it without defending as long as possible.

And this

"Why defend the belt when Conor KO'd the guy who cleared out the division. Its a champ's job to defend the belt right? Naw UFC don't play like that, plus aldo rarely ever defended his belt."

You defend the belt because you are champion

Like Anderson SIlva (10), GSP (9), Jon Jones (8), DJ (8)

Lmao at Aldo rarely defending his belt

He defended his belt (WEC) 2 times and (UFC) 7 times

CM defended his belt 0 times

Comment

over half of the people connor beat in the ufc arnt even in the ufc any more

Ive since known since rome sins drove the syndromes of the unknowns craft

Leave my sig in church (signature) so they know its mine, opening up brains (branes) with string theory changing space and time

Comment

the fact you guys are still complaining about conors fights proves that they were the right fights because aint nobody talking about any of frankie or aldos fights except for against mcgregor.

dude sells tickets/ppv thats why the ufc give him the fights he wants and thats why he got to move up 2 divisions for a show fight instead of defending right away. you have to capitalize on the market while you can.

the people complaing that conor got offered the RDA super fight are the same people who complain dana didnt put other super fights together sooner like anderson vs gsp bc now they will never happen. Reality is this super fight probably wont happen either now
                      you dont have a sig

Comment

He sells a bunch of PPVs to a bunch of retards, I'll give you that.

Comment

the retards rule the world

BROCK LESNAR!!!!
                          you dont have a sig

Comment

Comment

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9ZS2ilE07c"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9ZS2ilE07c[/ame]

Chael >>>>

Comment

Originally posted by Potijelli View Post
                                the fact you guys are still complaining about conors fights proves that they were the right fights because aint nobody talking about any of frankie or aldos fights except for against mcgregor.

dude sells tickets/ppv thats why the ufc give him the fights he wants and thats why he got to move up 2 divisions for a show fight instead of defending right away. you have to capitalize on the market while you can.

the people complaing that conor got offered the RDA super fight are the same people who complain dana didnt put other super fights together sooner like anderson vs gsp bc now they will never happen. Reality is this super fight probably wont happen either now
                                yeah this is common sense but mcgregor haters fail to see it somehow.

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X