General UFC/MMA discussion, news, updates, etc.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: General UFC/MMA discussion, news, updates, etc.

I think Ferg just took it slow the first round, he knows lee likes to sprint and could catch him, as soon as he saw Lee breathing heavy he pressed him.

Comment

The whole reason people think Ferg has an advantage with Beeb is because if Beeb does take him down Ferg is still dangerous which is something you cant say for most of the 55 division.

Does that mean if Beeb takes Ferg down that Beeb is at a disadvantage? no. But it means theres still a fight to be had. Ferg throws strikes from the ground just as hard as he does standing, we'll see how long Beeb stays in his guard / side after catchin a few elbows to the nose.

Ferg a good fighter tbh and beebs a monster i think its a good fight.

Comment

It will be interesting, but I see Khabib smashing him. I think Lee would put up a better fight if he didn't gas. Khabib literally mauls guys and breaks them. Is Tony dangerous off his back? Yes. But, Khabib is a different animal, he's never in the same spot unless you're pinned and can't move.

The only way Tony submits Khabib is if Khabib goes for a sloppy takedown (doubt it) and Tony can snatch up a Darce immediately (unlikely). A Guillotine won't cut it and a Triangle will get Tony bounced off the mat.

Khabib grapples with the best MMA grapplers in the business (barring GSP). Rumors say he gets the best of Rockhold in grappling. If Rockhold and DC can't do anything with Khabib, well, nobody in the lighter divisions can.

Comment

Ya i dont think theres many men in general that can hang with beeb when it comes to wrestling it would take a legit huge wrestler like shane carwin to throw beeb around.

Comment

Whoever wins between khabib and ferg the LW goat prob
            Originally posted by Notsure
            [MENTION=20846]BigZero![/MENTION] meet me in copenhagen in 2 hours I will beat the retard out of u outside Caf� Norden

Comment

Originally posted by Chaunce View Post
              Ya i dont think theres many men in general that can hang with beeb when it comes to wrestling it would take a legit huge wrestler like shane carwin to throw beeb around.
              Yeah, for sure. I want to see Khabib do a grappling only match vs someone much bigger, just to see.

Not sure many higher weight guys would want to do that and get embarrassed.

Comment

Whittaker vs Beeb <bites lip>

Comment

Whittaker an Australian wresting champ at like 200+ pounds iirc
                  Originally posted by Notsure
                  [MENTION=20846]BigZero![/MENTION] meet me in copenhagen in 2 hours I will beat the retard out of u outside Caf� Norden

Comment

stone cold steve austin would kick kahbibs ass in a street fight
                    Originally posted by HEISTBVA
                    ive never needed a pumpkin spice latte this much in my life

Comment

lol watch ferg vs kevin lee again and only keep your eyes on Tony. He's a fucking beast tbh. Ferg barely took any REAL damage. He rolled with nearly every punch and showed very little resistance to the takedowns....which was part of his gameplan to make kevin work and gas himself out so he could tap him. It's fun to watch how he just baits kevin into doing what he want him to do over and over. Tony was never in trouble in that fight imo.

Also Tony doesnt use your typical BBJ techniques. He's very weird on the ground. No guy is gonna wash the other. This fight is alot closer than you guys think....

and you also have to concider the fact that beeb has never fought a guy as awkward as tony. Its gonna be a fun fight to watch if it ever fuckin happens
                      :emmittcrying: RIP DUNK & ILLA
                      Originally posted by EllC
                      no fucks given, thats a real nigga
                      "my nigga that round was cool, but yo bitch still ugly as hell my nigga"--hollow

Comment

Originally posted by Moose View Post
                        It will be interesting, but I see Khabib smashing him. I think Lee would put up a better fight if he didn't gas. Khabib literally mauls guys and breaks them. Is Tony dangerous off his back? Yes. But, Khabib is a different animal, he's never in the same spot unless you're pinned and can't move.

The only way Tony submits Khabib is if Khabib goes for a sloppy takedown (doubt it) and Tony can snatch up a Darce immediately (unlikely). A Guillotine won't cut it and a Triangle will get Tony bounced off the mat.

Khabib grapples with the best MMA grapplers in the business (barring GSP). Rumors say he gets the best of Rockhold in grappling. If Rockhold and DC can't do anything with Khabib, well, nobody in the lighter divisions can.
                        thats exacty why i want him to move up because he would HAVE to make adjustments eventually. He's a hack at LW and thats fine. He could be the next MM(clearing his division and cashing in on a money fight) or he could test himself in WW. I'm for either scenario but i feel like with the evolution of the sport he would be pressured to move up anyway after clearing LW out. I definitely think he could pull it off tho.
                        "my nigga that round was cool, but yo bitch still ugly as hell my nigga"--hollow

Comment

Everytime I bet against the guy with the better skillset i lose. so i guess u can say im being biased now lmao

Comment

Originally posted by NFG View Post
                            Originally posted by Moose View Post

thats exacty why i want him to move up because he would HAVE to make adjustments eventually. He's a hack at LW and thats fine. He could be the next MM(clearing his division and cashing in on a money fight) or he could test himself in WW. I'm for either scenario but i feel like with the evolution of the sport he would be pressured to move up anyway after clearing LW out. I definitely think he could pull it off tho.
                            Iirc he has plans on moving to WW after he gets the LW belt.

Comment

Originally posted by NFG View Post
                              lol watch ferg vs kevin lee again and only keep your eyes on Tony. He's a fucking beast tbh. Ferg barely took any REAL damage. He rolled with nearly every punch and showed very little resistance to the takedowns....which was part of his gameplan to make kevin work and gas himself out so he could tap him. It's fun to watch how he just baits kevin into doing what he want him to do over and over. Tony was never in trouble in that fight imo.

Also Tony doesnt use your typical BBJ techniques. He's very weird on the ground. No guy is gonna wash the other. This fight is alot closer than you guys think....

and you also have to concider the fact that beeb has never fought a guy as awkward as tony. Its gonna be a fun fight to watch if it ever fuckin happens
                              The only thing to gain from Lee vs Ferguson in regards to Khabib is how easily Ferguson was taken down. Khabib makes Lee look like a middle school wrestler. Tony is only odd on the ground, is because he's one of the few legit 10th planet blackbelts we see. If you learn the defense to 10th planet technique you won't get caught. Plus Khabib is never in the position to get caught.

Comment

NFG on point

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X