General UFC/MMA discussion, news, updates, etc.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: General UFC/MMA discussion, news, updates, etc.

Originally posted by Moose View Post
    Dominick Cruz wants to fight for the 145 pound belt!
    imo they will be too big for him, but I do see a good war between him and Edgar.

I don't see Cruz beating Aldo, Mcgregor, or Holloway (top 3 who will most likely have the belt)

Mighty Mouse scared to fight Cruz, asking for millions for that fight lolololol

side thought: I wanna see Yair vs the Korean Superboy

Comment

Yeah. Mighty Mouse will stay fighting nobodies. Edgar could beat Cruz at 135. Imo.

Cruz definitely gets smashed at 145, which I don't mind seeing. He's ducking Dillashaw rematch.

Comment

MM aint scared to fight Cruz again

He is working on beating Silva's defense record first

Cruz aint beating Aldo but it would be a good fight

Comment

He's definitely scared, that's the money fight for him, actual competition.

He knows he'll lose. Beating Silva's record means nothing fighting cans, plus it wouldn't effect his title defense record, Cruz won't be fighting at 125. It wouldn't be a title defense.

Comment

If they offered MM any kind of money for the fight he would take it in a heart beat, he isnt about to turn down any kind of good money. hes just not gonna go asking for the fight just so he can get he regular win/show purse and a slightly better PPV %.

aint nobody really wanna see that fight yet tbh its not a money fight, just ppl always wanna see champions clash
            Originally posted by Eriko
            you dont have a sig

Comment

dont get me wrong personly I'd like to see but its not a money fight

the public dont get hard when they hear mighty mouse vs cruz like we do

everybody in ireland gets their fkn rocks off when conor tweets that he took a shit
              you dont have a sig

Comment

Nothing from Mighty Mouse is a money fight, to be fair. That would be his biggest payday option.

Comment

nah eventually you win so much (ie breaking anderson silvas defense record) and they tune in just hoping for you to lose

fighting dom is high risk low reward right now. its not like dom has a big name MM is gonna get big off of. he woulda made more off fighting dillawshaw
                  you dont have a sig

Comment

not that i have any bias

you dont have a sig

Comment

Lmao. Dillashaw would definitely be a bigger fight, regardless nobody cares about Mighty Mouse.
                      Imagine Mighty Mouse headlining a PPV it gets 5k buys max.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose View Post
                        He's definitely scared, that's the money fight for him, actual competition.

He knows he'll lose. Beating Silva's record means nothing fighting cans, plus it wouldn't effect his title defense record, Cruz won't be fighting at 125. It wouldn't be a title defense.
                        Why is he scared? The last fight he wasn't finished or dominated by Cruz and he has gotten much better since then. I don't think he would win but to say he is scared is laughable.

Also if he beats Silva's record nobody will be nitpicking talking about fighting cans. You might feel that way but that's not how it works and that's not how UFC would promote him.

The Cruz fight is the only fight that will make him a little more money and its not even a money fight. Nobody is asking for it and neither of them are draws which is why MM said he would pause his title defense run if the UFC paid him nicely for that superfight (ppv would do shit numbers obviously).

Fans aren't asking for it, Cruz isn't asking for it, UFC isn't asking for it so MM doesn't even spend much time discussing it but the media still asks him every few months.

Comment

tbh i'm excited for the MM's season of TUF since everybody is a champ in a different organization

Comment

Scared might be a bit harsh. Nobody will care if he beats Silva's record. Nobody cares about Mighty Mouse. Nobody is asking for the Cruz fight, because nobody is asking for a Mighty Mouse fight period. He's the most dominant champion the UFC has and nobody gives a fuck.

He's been champion since 2012 (I think) nobody cares. Joanna became champion last year and her fanbase dwarfs his. I'd bet anything she'd sell at least 2 times what MM does in PPV. I'd bet most of his fans are people who watch him stream on Twitch.

Cruz is the only challenge that's available that would be more money than usual. He doesn't want to fight him, he'll more than likely lose and the tiny amount of people that actually care will be cut into an even smaller fraction.

He has no competition, it's arguably the most shallow division in the UFC, he's boring more times than not, he's been picking it up more lately, but doesn't matter he has the stigma of being boring.

If he got into it with Cruz he'd gain more than fighting cans in his division, Dominick can sell fights, he's not the best at it, but he can. MM knows he won't beat Cruz, that's why he wont take that fight. If he thought he could beat him he'd take it in a heartbeat.

Comment

“I don’t have any fight yet, but it’s gonna happen now, because I’m getting tested, if I’m getting tested it’s for a reason.” - GSP

R.I.P Woodley however it goes.

Comment

GSP gonna wreck whoever he faces in his return.
                                http://cdn0.sbnation.com/assets/3337...RAW_medium.jpg

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X