General UFC/MMA discussion, news, updates, etc.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: General UFC/MMA discussion, news, updates, etc.

[MENTION=33655]g00n[/MENTION] how do you feel about Woodley ducking Wonderboy?

Comment

Originally posted by Moose View Post
      [MENTION=33655]g00n[/MENTION] how do you feel about Woodley ducking Wonderboy?
      Besides the fact he reminds me of [MENTION=33583]jdjohnson[/MENTION]...

Woodley knows he will lose, just desperate to have a successful defense so he doesn't look like a wiedman fluke

Comment

Slight rule changes/judging system
        imo for the better

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/8/2/...a-new-rules-in

Nutshell:
        no more 3 point touch for grounded fighters

Judging is a lot more clear, and 10-8s are more enforced

Striking and grapping #1 judging, then cage control

dmg is more important than number of strikes

theres a bit more

Comment

Seen Chael talking about this earlier.

Damage more important is tricky though.

Comment

was a 10-10 round possible before these changes? I think not because the wording before was the round loser gets 9 or less points. seems really dumb that a round can tie...how could striking/grapling aggression and octagon control all be identical? theyd have to stand in the middle of the ring unmoving and trade punch for punch i guess that could be dope

dont really love it but i couldnt right a perfect judging system myself. kinda have an issue with the wording of damage, because you then can win a round by throwing one punch that cracks the red kings nose open even if he lands more sig strikes by far?

i guess its just some guys show damage more than others is my main problem. black man takin no losses, but now is the time of the african american champion with 3 current belt holders
            Originally posted by Eriko
            you dont have a sig

Comment

also why not make it a 3 point must scoring system with the loser gaining 2 or less?

due away with all this complex multiple digit addition lol
              you dont have a sig

Comment

Originally posted by Potijelli View Post
                was a 10-10 round possible before these changes? I think not because the wording before was the round loser gets 9 or less points. seems really dumb that a round can tie...how could striking/grapling aggression and octagon control all be identical? theyd have to stand in the middle of the ring unmoving and trade punch for punch i guess that could be dope

dont really love it but i couldnt right a perfect judging system myself. kinda have an issue with the wording of damage, because you then can win a round by throwing one punch that cracks the red kings nose open even if he lands more sig strikes by far?

i guess its just some guys show damage more than others is my main problem. black man takin no losses, but now is the time of the african american champion with 3 current belt holders
                Hopefully in regards towards "Damage," they mean if the person was ever in danger (ex: gets rocked or a heavy strike was landed, signs of limping due to leg strikes or a sub attempt etc) instead of physical damage such as cuts or busted noses. I do agree some fighters are more prone towards physical damage such as Rory than others which makes it unfair.

I do think judging is going to be the same IMO, because they are still using the same judges. The only positive in this is that it is clear cut what should be valued more, because back then it was up to the judge's preference on what scored more. Now it should be somewhat universal

Also regarding Draws, such as 10-10 rounds, I believe judges try their best to avoid giving draws due to the public hating draws

Comment

Originally posted by danmcfart View Post
                  Originally posted by Potijelli View Post

Hopefully in regards towards "Damage," they mean if the person was ever in danger (ex: gets rocked or a heavy strike was landed, signs of limping due to leg strikes or a sub attempt etc) instead of physical damage such as cuts or busted noses. I do agree some fighters are more prone towards physical damage such as Rory than others which makes it unfair.

I do think judging is going to be the same IMO, because they are still using the same judges. The only positive in this is that it is clear cut what should be valued more, because back then it was up to the judge's preference on what scored more. Now it should be somewhat universal

Also regarding Draws, such as 10-10 rounds, I believe judges try their best to avoid giving draws due to the public hating draws
                  This is their definition of damage as per the new rules so thats why im worried because it seems to focus on visible damage but its hard to define in writing when really what they need is confident judges because its so opinionated "Damage includes visible evidence such as swellings and lacerations. Damage shall also be assessed when a fighter’s actions, using striking and /or grappling, lead to a diminishing of their opponents’ energy, confidence, abilities and spirit."
                  I dont think a 10-10 round was possible before tho because the old wording was "the round winner gaining 10 points and his opponent 9 or less" it just seems a dumb thing to add in more possibilities of a draw when they get paid for winning .

but im complaining a lot im sure itll all be ok
                  you dont have a sig

Comment

kawajiri vs cub swanson this weekend the main event is on fight pass should be dope tho
                    you dont have a sig

Comment

Yeah, some dudes bust up easy and you don't have to do much. Others take awhile to wear the damage.

Damage should be taken into consideration, but not more than significant strikes landed.

Comment

They should take away that gay ass elbow rule too

It was literally made because the commission saw those fake ass chinks busting those dried out cinder blocks with their elbows

Comment

Originally posted by g00n View Post
                          They should take away that gay ass elbow rule too

It was literally made because the commission saw those fake ass chinks busting those dried out cinder blocks with their elbows
                          Thank Big John McCarthy for that one.

Comment

No tripod positions = more knees to the head..

Prayers to the concussion god will overflow!
                            TDE

sigpic

Comment

whens roy nelson fighting
                              CLICK 4 THE BIGGEST BODY IN BATTLE RAP!!

Comment

UFC!
                                CLICK 4 THE BIGGEST BODY IN BATTLE RAP!!

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X