Chad mendes 2 Week prep, Does it matter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chad mendes 2 Week prep, Does it matter?

If you think the purpose of training camp is cardio you're a moron

Comment

Originally posted by billybobjoe View Post
      Originally posted by Anonymoose View Post
      Originally posted by Harvey Honda View Post
      You're an idiot. Taking everything out of context. Mendes is a professional athlete if he's gassed after 1 round that's on him as an athlete not his training camp. You're right blob fighters wait to run until fight camp.
      This is retarded. If it's on him not his training camp, why would all of these guys do training camps? Why waste shit loads of money if they don't need to?

That's the purpose of training camps.
      hes yelling at me in chat saying mendes cardio wouldnt have changed at all and mcgregor had the same problem cause he only had 2 weeks for chad too

Ive since known since rome sins drove the syndromes of the unknowns craft

Leave my sig in church (signature) so they know its mine, opening up brains (branes) with string theory changing space and time

Comment

Comment

Blickybog fuckin up th quotes

Comment

It's obviously not the only reason for training camps.

If you think conditioning isn't a big part of training camps, you're a moron.

Comment

this is what harvey (tadgh) is arguing against and its crazy

Leave my sig in church (signature) so they know its mine, opening up brains (branes) with string theory changing space and time

Comment

A full training camp would have made him better prepared for sure but I think the main reason for him being gassed was a combination of the body shots he took rd.1 combined with the energy he was using throwing those haymakers when he had Mcgregor on his back
                sigpic

Comment

Moose I think we're basically on the same side here. Blob thinks that fighters don't have cardio going into camp. and the conditioning in camp is primarily geared around your opponent. How to stand and bang without getting gassed, how to defend the takedowns without running out of steam, etc. Even the conditioning is designed around your specific opponent. Which in that regard Connor and Chad had the same time to design game plans for each other. Chad countless times has said he's always in fight shape, so the camp shouldn't have been then end-all for his cardio that's just dumb

Comment

Originally posted by young vic View Post
                    A full training camp would have made him better prepared for sure but I think the main reason for him being gassed was a combination of the body shots he took rd.1 combined with the energy he was using throwing those haymakers when he had Mcgregor on his back
                    this definitely could be a factor the body shots im not arguing that

Comment

Originally posted by billybobjoe View Post

this is what harvey (tadgh) is arguing against and its crazy

Yeah that's definitely NOT what you were saying. You're really dumb man, for real.

Comment

Originally posted by Harvey Honda View Post
                        Moose I think we're basically on the same side here. Blob thinks that fighters don't have cardio going into camp. and the conditioning in camp is primarily geared around your opponent. How to stand and bang without getting gassed, how to defend the takedowns without running out of steam, etc. Even the conditioning is designed around your specific opponent. Which in that regard Connor and Chad had the same time to design game plans for each other. Chad countless times has said he's always in fight shape, so the camp shouldn't have been then end-all for his cardio that's just dumb
                        tadgh my argument was that training camps help cardio conditioning and u said training camps dont focus on them wtf

mendes woulda had way better cardio if he had a training camp u said he wouldnt

Comment

Like i said in chat.

Camps are expensive, your paying a facility and the entire staff to focus on you for a certain amount of time. Most fighters pay 25k+ a month for this type of service which includes nutritionist, physical therapy, direct access to trainers etc. They also are compensating most of the people they spar with that associate with that gym (or to bring other fighters in) and pay a fee to be a part of because theyre not getting the normal services they already pay for during a "star" fighters camp.

Camps are used to develop game plans and practice for certain opponents. Most camps are only one month 2 tops. If people do more than that theyre silly + wasting money. Any real professional fighter stays with in 10-20 lbs of fighting weight at all times, and 20 is excessive too.

Comment

Leaving thread, all arguments thus far have been cool and on other than blob. Who cosign a shit he didn't say and makes up things other people didnt say to try and feel less like a fanboy.

Comment

i would post the chat comments but im not a fag

mcgregor beat mendes dope

training camp woulda ment mendes wouldn't have been that gassed at the end of round 1

Comment

biddybop jus trolled tf outta tag Jesus Christ

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X