X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BPL/SERIE A - SUMMER MERCATO 15/16

Originally posted by AmityvilLee View Post
    Originally posted by skandalouz View Post
    I thought the only way 5 teams is possible is if the EL/CL winner finishes on a CL spot in the league like Sevilla did last time.

Im still not sure whether EL win and no CL qualification grants the same thing iah
    This season was the first where the winners of the previous UEFA Europa League gained automatic entry into the UEFA Champions League: Sevilla taking that berth despite finishing fifth in Spain (they are currently seventh). That meant Spain had a record five teams in the UEFA Champions League group stage this time around.
    Here's a breakdown of what can happen should one, or both teams lift a European trophy:

Neither Liverpool nor Man City win in Europe
    Premier League 1-3 goes to the Champions League group stage, fourth place to the final qualifying round. The FA Cup winners and fifth in the league are in the Europa League group stage. The winners of the Capital One Cup, Manchester City, go to the Europa League third qualifying round -- but as they are almost certain to qualify via the league that place will transfer to sixth in the Premier League. If Manchester United win the FA Cup and finish top six, then seventh in the league earns a place in the third qualifying round.

Man City win Champions League and finish in top four
    Premier League has four teams in the Champions League -- there is only an additional place for the title holders should that team not qualify via its domestic league.

Man City win Champions League and finish fifth
    The Premier League would have five teams in the Champions League. Fourth in the Premier League would still be in the final qualifying round. However, there would only be two Premier League teams in the Europa League -- the FA Cup winners to the group stage and sixth place to the third qualifying round.

Liverpool win Europa League, finish in Europa League places
    The Premier League would have only two teams in the Europa League (and five in the Champions League) -- the FA Cup winners and the best-placed from the Premier League. It is also worth noting that the Europa League holders only go direct to the UCL group stage if the UCL title holders also qualify for that stage via the league.

Liverpool win Europa League, finish out of Europa League places
    The Premier League would have three teams in the Europa League (and five in the Champions League) -- the FA Cup winners, Capital One Cup winners (Man City, so likely transferred to the Premier League) and the best-placed from Premier League.

Both Liverpool and Man City win, with City fourth
    Premier League has five teams in the Champions League -- Liverpool and the top four in the league. The Premier League will have three teams in the Europa League unless Liverpool finish in a Europa League place in the league, then it is two as noted above.

Both Liverpool and Man City win, with City fifth
    Premier League has five teams in the Champions League -- Liverpool, Man City and the top three in the league. Fourth in the Premier League goes into the Europa League group stage. The Premier League will have three teams in the Europa League unless Liverpool finish in a Europa League place in the league, then it is two as noted above.

hope its clear now lol
    Originally posted by Neon Eriko
    we're like 5 wierdos from having a full season of reality tv here
    Originally posted by nick216
    Ill hit you with a powerful blast that will rip your stomach out of your ass

Comment

basically if united finishes 4th and city wins CL then united wont get a CL spot but liverpool winning the EL while all this happens will still get their CL spot.
      http://images.complex.com/complex/im...wr1sxarjsp.gif

Comment

Yah, I only wanted to be sure Liverpool winning Europa wouldn't affect 4th if we got it. Which it doesn't, would be dope to have 5 teams in CL.

We probably won't qualify.

Comment

wtf is up with this fella
          E Pluribus Unum
          1 9 0 4

Comment

hot

Comment

lmao yam >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Comment

Coincidently I'm getting a haircut tomorrow, might as well follow suit and post one myself!

Comment

I'm legit mesmerized, you might actually be that dude in your avi.

Comment

SLEEPY PIE

(pre haircut nh)

Comment

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf-ffiS0fP0"]Santi Cazorla - The Magician - YouTube[/ame]

he's almost back, you simply can't not love this gem of a player
                      unfortunately his lengthy injury a big factor in our breakdown this year

Comment

man that recovery n run vs the city tram at around 1.23 was magnificent. cant say i like him though but hes def skilled af
                        http://images.complex.com/complex/im...wr1sxarjsp.gif

Comment

Cazorla actually takes corner kicks with both feet, I‘ve seen him do it a couple of times, he‘s the very definition of ambidextrous . His close control skills are highly impressive too. I mean, you don't get over 70 caps for Spain (their strongest generation ever) by accident. Dope player, without a doubt

Comment

"Chelsea midfielder Cesc Fabregas has admitted he "hardly knew" who De Bruyne was until this season"

Comment

Cesc is known as an arrogant cock though and I'm not just saying that because he snaked Arsenal.

Comment

I can believe that tbh. That's another thing I like bout De Bruyne, he's humble.

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X