• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wale or Tay Roc??

Originally posted by jklyde View Post
    Originally posted by Xmas Balls View Post
    [MENTION=30232]jklyde[/MENTION]

identify this and youre good in my books

Was a record store on Peachtree near 14th street, right where one of the I75 North ramps is.

Basically near the Varsity and Original JR Crickets.

Originally posted by Chaunce;n3231571

Site gets fixed end of this week or next btw.

Comment

LOL - see I'm not a lame (depending on who you ask).

You must be familiar with ATL, you live near here at all?

I'm def an easy going person bro, and enjoy damn near everything hip-hop. I'm 36 now and have loved hip-hop since prob 2nd grade, which would be.....shit, like 30 years ago?!? Fuck that makes me feel old as shit!

I grew up in Maryland - Bowie to be exact - 20-30 mins from Baltimore - DMV stand up! What ya'll know bout WPGC 95.5?!? Haha. I moved to ATL in 1994 and definitely consider ATL my home.
      "This is Columbine / a white boy's takin a Shotgun to school!" -Charron

"God saved you from your sins / but can he save you from mine?" -Chess

"You got a lot of guns in your rounds / I got a lot of rounds in my guns!" - Tsu Surf

Comment

That pic dates back to the 1990's. Im not from ATL, but I have a friend whose dad was working in the Thomaston area at that time. He had me a another homie come down a few weeks, just chilling, and we went to Atlanta. I bought some records at Earwax, including a double LP called Wild Pitch Classics. It features OC's Times Up, a fucking classic to me... damn youre not the only one feeling old as shit
        Originally posted by Chaunce;n3231571

Site gets fixed end of this week or next btw.

Comment

Yeah - was definitely a great place.

There used to be another place called Warehouse Music, but it was more like a Best Buy type feel, but they always had super hard to find CDs and tapes. I've always really liked Bay Area music, and it was always hard to find C-Bo, Mob Figaz, Mac Dre, Mac Mall, etc. but Warehouse damn sure used to always have what I was looking for, and some of it was hard as shit to find.

"You got a lot of guns in your rounds / I got a lot of rounds in my guns!" - Tsu Surf

Comment

I think Warehouse Music was a chain, that or just a popular name we had them in the midwest too. Then Sam Goody after that (or vice versa, can't remember)

Comment

Exactly - I want to say Blockbuster owned them, but not quite sure - actually I can just fuckin Google and see - one sec - <hold music playing> - damn I can't seem to find it.

But yea it was just like a Waxie Maxie or whatever - just a big chain.

We also had this place called "Major Turnouts" that had super hard to get Southern Rap CDs, and this was before MP3's, torrents, Napster or Limewire existed. They used to sell this spray that smelled so damn good, so we used it to mask the smell of smoke in the car. The only thing tho - and we learned this the hard way - if the mist from the spray came into contact with the CD it stuck permanently, and the CD looked and felt like it had sandpaper on it - lol. We fucked up soooo many CDs.

Comment

Originally posted by jklyde View Post
                **RANDOM**

Is it just me, or should Verb have ended that 3rd round after the Big Gerald part? The few bars he had left after that took away from the impact of that room-shaker IMO. Don't get me wrong, Verb's 3rd was still nothing short of amazing but I think they should've done what they did with Lux vs Calicoe and cut out the last few bars so that the battle ended with the room-shaker.

What do you think?
                Agree, if he had just bowed or even just done his version of jersey...the whole 'see what rhe fuss is about/put blood in dey mouth' joun.. that'd have been much better form.

Its like.... after you've gotten someone's dad to respond in hype to disrespecting the upbringing of his children....what more is there to be done?

Comment

Originally posted by Craig
                  jklyde pulled a lot of cards itt
                  [MENTION=13899]Craig[/MENTION] Salute my G!

All bullshit aside, you were the one that got me to be a little more active on OTBVA from jump.

Appreciate you homeboy, and that's 100!

Comment

Originally posted by Feral Linguist View Post
                    Agree, if he had just bowed or even just done his version of jersey...the whole 'see what rhe fuss is about/put blood in dey mouth' joun.. that'd have been much better form.

Its like.... after you've gotten someone's dad to respond in hype to disrespecting the upbringing of his children....what more is there to be done?
                    That.

Comment

just read a lot of stuff thaty didnt make me laugh at all. wtf have we become.
                      #ROOGANG
                      #LOVEFORCE
                      #LETMEBANGBRO

Comment

Originally posted by Miami View Post
                        just read a lot of stuff thaty didnt make me laugh at all. wtf have we become.
                        Don't the less autistic people have a chat room?

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X