• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Craig srsly typing "Pulse is fadin" appreciation thread

Originally posted by larry word View Post
    Originally posted by Gwame View Post

again comparing me to your asians

battle rapping in ireland is never ~bars~ the way you seem to think it is. gimme an example of what you mean imo. yeah there's a lot of rhyming, sometimes too much, so i get the tantrum thing...

irish battles were always jokes and personals etc, so they don't translate well to americans, but the crowd gets it

idk if it's my 'best' but it's more recent than a lot of other ones i did when i was 18/19

well to me, a battle really boils down to punchlines or just gully shit where dude just goin in line after line. it goes w/o sayin that 95% of battlers fall into the former, so i look at it that way

so for example

- how were you late for 'battles on the park' when you reside on the park bench?
    - your first round closer

those are clever (or attempting to be clever). there's some substance, some other side to what you're saying. contrast those with...

- you perform in the streets for free, cos no one wants to book you at a venue
    - the entire first half of the first round
    - you go back to your ma's and get her to wash your clothes... twice a week
    - you look like the type of cunt who always needs a shower

like they're really one dimensional and again it might be different over in ireland but to me it's super boring. there's no real edge to it or anything witty.

so again the "personals" angle isn't what bothers me. the first example i gave of the park bench is a great punchline that is extremely personal at the same time and it'd be much better imo if you wrote more in that vein
    i see what you're saying

those lines you listed without extra meaning or cleverness etc are just playing off what people know him as. he's a very well established character who's choked in most his battles, including battles in the park just prior.

the wash his clothes and moving out, dole etc etc all that material came from the ~irish rap documentary~ which saw his mother trying to get him to move out, and eventually he started looking at places and did move. the 'needs a shower' part was obviously just his scruffy appearance though i actually liked the 'you eat your take away on paper plates' set up better

and that entire 3rd round was written last minute because he had started doing a lot of busking recently and got arrested for it a couple days before the battle. so yeah the writing is more sloppy in round 3 but i couldn't pass up to chance to use something so topical, i knew it would get a reaction.

i don't think i could've filled 3 full rounds with non-stop witty/edgy/clever top drawer type bars tho, honestly who can?

[MENTION=13899]Craig[/MENTION] maybe will
    Originally posted by SockFucker
    listen baby, aint nothin posh or ginger when i pull this dirty hairy, shit'll get very scary, ill put forty shots in your sporty top, SPICE GURLLZZZZ!!!!

Comment

Every time gwame is being serious about some really fuckin gay shit he starts doing ~this~
      Originally posted by jdporter
      Clarke, you've been bodied so many times on this board, this honestly is going to be the last time I even respond to you.

Comment

well spotted
        listen baby, aint nothin posh or ginger when i pull this dirty hairy, shit'll get very scary, ill put forty shots in your sporty top, SPICE GURLLZZZZ!!!!

Comment

because i have powers you [MENTION=13899]Scottish Feckwanker[/MENTION]

Comment

what psychic made the tag before gwame and larry even got going ??

Comment

derek tub of jam

Comment

huh?

Comment

this pathetic korean was 11 and dreamin of gettin aggressive with demons and steppin on jesus but now gets neglected and beaten and attention mistreated like havin your neck stretched by a penis then ingesting some semen

Comment

I would look big dik boss in larry sweater
                    தமிழ் nigga இயக்கங்கள்

Comment

larry got more shoulder n biceps than gwame n prolly creg
                      தமிழ் nigga இயக்கங்கள்

Comment

Originally posted by Gwame View Post
                        derek tub of jam
                        Originally posted by Fake Blanco View Post
                        huh?
                        del potijelli

fb i am disappoint

Comment

and what way would that be?

i can def down a pint quicker than larry

Comment

so... you'll beat Larry in a swallowing contest ?

Comment

hahahahahahahahaha

Comment

wasnt a compliment tho

who do i talk to about gettin my name changed back to coka trad

car got a ding in it n i dont even wanna drive it no more
                                தமிழ் nigga இயக்கங்கள்

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X