R.I.P. Chris Cornell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: R.I.P. Chris Cornell

It sounds like hybrid machine man warriors come to shoot lasers from their eyes through flannel shirted heroin users.

Comment

Originally posted by REAL AFD View Post
      Hip Hop is just studio music now for the most part though. I can't really see myself paying money to watch someone yell over their CD. How many rock bands do you see using backing tracks at live shows where prerecorded audio is used for the hooks of their songs?
      No it's not.

Plenty. Everything from prerecorded drumming to singing.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wreckless View Post
        It sounds like hybrid machine man warriors come to shoot lasers from their eyes through flannel shirted heroin users.
        Flannel and heroin>>>hybrid alligator sharks

Originally posted by 9NeiN9 View Post
        Hip Hop is just studio music now for the most part though. I can't really see myself paying money to watch someone yell over their CD. How many rock bands do you see using backing tracks at live shows where prerecorded audio is used for the hooks of their songs?
        No it's not.

So we're really going to pretend that backing tracks are used far more in live rock performances than live rap performances? haha ok.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEM-1kKcg7g"]Soundgarden - Slaves and Bulldozers [Studio Version] - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Wreckless View Post
          Flannel and heroin>>>hybrid alligator sharks

Originally posted by 9NeiN9 View Post
          No it's not.

So we're really going to pretend that backing tracks are used far more in live rock performances than live rap performances? haha ok.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEM-1kKcg7g"]Soundgarden - Slaves and Bulldozers [Studio Version] - YouTube[/ame]
          It happens just as much on the same level. The fuck you know about concerts homie ? The fact you even think it's uncommon shows me what a fool you are.

Mainstream Music - whatever the genre - is mostly fake period.

sigpic

Comment

I don't know anything about concerts tbh. I've never performed at one. I've never built or taken down the stage for one and I've certainly never attended one. There's a reason Soundgarden was hit or miss live when they toured heavy. The way Chris Cornell sings puts a lot of strain on his vocal chords LIVE.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtbuUlSGXzc"]Johnny Cash - Rusty Cage - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Only song I like from Soundgarden is Saturn .. I mean Black Whole Sun.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfZuDKneY_A[/ame]

Bitch I'm Back It's Big Foot
              Giant King Kong Boss Presence - They Been Shook
              Try it Now
              Lock The Street Like The Kid Cook
              Tie It Down
              Don't Be Mad When Your Bitch Look
              Quiet Down
              You Don't Sound 2 Convincing
              Low Stamina Rap Niggas You Need Ginseng
              I Godfather This Shit - Pinky Ring King
              I Bomb Shit - Nuclear Missles Is Whistling

sigpic

Comment

A real nigga never worry bout what a coward do
                Time is money
                So I respect what a hour do
                1 phone call
                And the posse will shower you - You know my regime
                It's much more powerful

MM
                Tech N9ne

sigpic

Comment

Yeah that track is dope.

In most cases rock still has a more authentic live performance than rap imo. It's just the nature of how the genres are recorded. Rap for the most part uses samples and synths whereas rock normally uses live instruments, nevermind bringing autotune into the mix. Of course there are exceptions to the rule.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QU1nvuxaMA"]Audioslave - Like a Stone (Official Video) - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Yeah that track is dope.

In most cases rock still has a more authentic live performance than rap imo. It's just the nature of how the genres are recorded. Rap for the most part uses samples and synths whereas rock normally uses live instruments, nevermind bringing autotune into the mix. Of course there are exceptions to the rule.
                    https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news...ng_tracks.html

The Track I posted is more than dope. Fags like you will come out of the woodworks once Busta is dead and praise it like it's brandnew. FOH

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaRG0ukxYqQ[/ame]

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for introducing me to Busta Rhymes bro.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZdMbdWX0IA"]Leaders Of The New School - Sobb Story (Video) - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Thanks for introducing me to Busta Rhymes bro.

Leaders Of The New School - Sobb Story (Video) - YouTube
                        Read the link big boi ? You don't know shit you are talking about.

It wasn't an introduction. I thought I'll elevate the thread with some good music.

sigpic

Comment

When music didn't sound like you are listening to it through a sea shell>>>

Chris Cornell - "Seasons" - YouTube
                          while i agree and am guessing you are refering to mgmt and indie style of song through a kaleidoscope type of thing... i think this is MOSTLY to do with the advent of the internet and shift away from big budget major label style recordings that can afford 24 inch tape and the nice neves/ssls etc. the cpu power these days is actually good enough to get that sound imo but the increased ease of making your own music all in the box has lowered the talent of the average band/artist significantly. this is just mo

Comment

Originally posted by Bat View Post
                            When music didn't sound like you are listening to it through a sea shell>>>

Chris Cornell - "Seasons" - YouTube
                            while i agree and am guessing you are refering to mgmt and indie style of song through a kaleidoscope type of thing... i think this is MOSTLY to do with the advent of the internet and shift away from big budget major label style recordings that can afford 24 inch tape and the nice neves/ssls etc. the cpu power these days is actually good enough to get that sound imo but the increased ease of making your own music all in the box has lowered the talent of the average band/artist significantly. this is just mo
                            Society prefers quanitity and access over quality. Was the same back in the day just not on such a large scale because - as you said - the Internet.

sigpic

Comment

ughhh not sure if i agree music was kinda a rich mans thing for a long time was it not

Comment

like what would be the equivalent of top 40 anyways not like folk and regional stuff

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X