• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: B2B4 a COMPLETE FAILURE... MASSACRE2 must be AMAZING to save KOTD

Originally posted by Robin Williams View Post
    Originally posted by Choppa Zhivago View Post
    URL trailers are killin KOTD battles in views

This is not even an opinion. It's a fact!
    lmao url trailers are garbage and never hype, everything about their shit sucks, KOTD obviously kills it with the trailer hype
    yo my man, have you seen dizaster's impression of the urL announcer... lmfao, it is knee-slappin' hilarious!

Comment

Originally posted by SlayaTheMan View Post

lmao url trailers are garbage and never hype, everything about their shit sucks, KOTD obviously kills it with the trailer hype
      yo my man, have you seen dizaster's impression of the urL announcer... lmfao, it is knee-slappin' hilarious![/QUOTE]

link

Comment

Originally posted by Robin Williams View Post
        Originally posted by SlayaTheMan View Post

yo my man, have you seen dizaster's impression of the urL announcer... lmfao, it is knee-slappin' hilarious!
        link[/QUOTE]

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCUTjsao...-by=mrdizaster

this is one of a few... he absolutely ethers urL...

Comment

Love this conversation because it's real and people are being objective.

I want to see KOTD succeed and this thread is relevant.

OP is right, this past year for KOTD has been underwhelming, while URL is really hitting their stride.

I think the biggest takeaway here is that URL has their formula down pat. They know what they do and they do it really well.

I commend KOTD for trying new shit all the time, but they need to get clear on what they do best and deliver that shit.

URL know's their product and care a lot about delivering the best product possible.

It seemed trivial at first, but the quality of their trailers is impressive. They market their events right.

KOTD needs to step this up. Their trailers suck and I didn't know anything about B2TB4 or the Bunker. First video I saw about it was a 20min video explaining what it was. With no info or hype, I had no interest in watching 20 mins on some event I knew nothing about.

Even now, I plan on going to Massacre in Boston, and I don't know where to get tickets or when they go on sale.

WHAT SHOULD KOTD DO?

Let's come up with some ideas for them to improve.

Personally, I think they need to take a step back, regroup, and narrow down on what's working, and cut out the shit that isn't. Stop trying so many new things and perfect the shit that works.

Their Toronto battles are their mainstay and they've got that down.

They have a good presence in Cali but I'm not sure what their hallmark event out there is- Battle of the Bay? That event needs to be their NOME. And they should work on making that event epic.

The last BOTB I remember was the one with Diz v Aye Verb and that venue kind of sucked. It had the vibe of a high school auditorium.

Then, their Massacre event seems to be taking off on the East coast. Their venue is really good and I can see them becoming a staple in Boston.

I'd focus on those three areas and make those three events their trademarks. Build your brand off those three. Deliver a high quality product.

Stop overextending with all this other bull shit. I hated the Bunker battles to be honest. It had a shitty feel to it imo.

Idk, just some ideas.

Comment

Save KOTD from what?

Comment

Originally posted by Dhumble View Post

OP is right, this past year for KOTD has been underwhelming, while URL is really hitting their stride.

I think the biggest takeaway here is that URL has their formula down pat. They know what they do and they do it really well.

I commend KOTD for trying new shit all the time, but they need to get clear on what they do best and deliver that shit.

URL know's their product and care a lot about delivering the best product possible.

It seemed trivial at first, but the quality of their trailers is impressive. They market their events right.

KOTD needs to step this up. Their trailers suck and I didn't know anything about B2TB4 or the Bunker. First video I saw about it was a 20min video explaining what it was. With no info or hype, I had no interest in watching 20 mins on some event I knew nothing about.

Even now, I plan on going to Massacre in Boston, and I don't know where to get tickets or when they go on sale.

WHAT SHOULD KOTD DO?

Personally, I think they need to take a step back, regroup, and narrow down on what's working, and cut out the shit that isn't. Stop trying so many new things and perfect the shit that works.

They have a good presence in Cali but I'm not sure what their hallmark event out there is- Battle of the Bay? That event needs to be their NOME. And they should work on making that event epic.

The last BOTB I remember was the one with Diz v Aye Verb and that venue kind of sucked. It had the vibe of a high school auditorium.

Then, their Massacre event seems to be taking off on the East coast. Their venue is really good and I can see them becoming a staple in Boston.

I'd focus on those three areas and make those three events their trademarks. Build your brand off those three. Deliver a high quality product.

Stop overextending with all this other bull shit. I hated the Bunker battles to be honest. It had a shitty feel to it imo.

Idk, just some ideas.
              They're on sale now.

B2B4 was underwhelming as fuck but they didn't have any major battles on the card so it was understandable.

Now they have Hollow vs Pat, Head Ice vs Bigg K, and Iron vs B. Magic. I think it's safe to say that Massacre will redeem them.

The tickets are on sale on the KOTD website, so is the PPV.

Hype.

Comment

no sir e back from the grave to body the fuckin nerds

Comment

Originally posted by Dhumble View Post

WHAT SHOULD KOTD DO?

Idk, just some ideas.
                  probably the most bullshit I've seen in a single post

all you're really saying is that you're not subscribed to King of the Dot, because they upload quick videos with information about upcoming events all the time, I guess you're just choosing to not watch them. That's on you.

And this 20 minute video explaining the bunker that you mention doesn't exist, unless you're talking about some video that was done by battlerap.com or something, not by king of the dot. All of the videos they've done have been like 2 minutes or less. Good job lying tho

"URL know's their product and care a lot about delivering the best product possible."

Is that why the whole pittsburgh event was filmed on a cell phone

Is that why the audio on the latest double impact battle completely goes to shit one round in

"Personally, I think they need to take a step back, regroup, and narrow down on what's working, and cut out the shit that isn't. Stop trying so many new things and perfect the shit that works."

God forbid a league actually tries new things lol. Do you realize how boring battle rap has become to the people who started watching 6 to 7 years ago, new ideas are very welcome

Comment

Was disappointed with KOTD last event as well
                    But hey it was only 4 battles
                    So I don't know what the fuck OP expects

Comment

Originally posted by Crow42 View Post
                      Was disappointed with KOTD last event as well
                      But hey it was only 4 battles
                      So I don't know what the fuck OP expects
                      more

Comment

Originally posted by Al Manak View Post
                        God forbid a league actually tries new things lol. Do you realize how boring battle rap has become to the people who started watching 6 to 7 years ago, new ideas are very welcome
                        Good fucking point.

If there were enough teams in battle rap, KOTD need to jack A.R.P. idea and do team vs team shit

There's Innuendo, R3, Yellow Tape Gang, Hunger Games, Cavegang, Writer's Bloque, Team Homi....there aren't enough people in all of these for a card honestly

And there are groups like Loud Boyz or whatever that are prob signed to URL exclusively

But some team vs team JUDGED shit would be welcome

It was also cool to see Gjojo and Psy put up some bread

Comment

Originally posted by jdporter View Post
                          Good fucking point.

If there were enough teams in battle rap, KOTD need to jack A.R.P. idea and do team vs team shit

There's Innuendo, R3, Yellow Tape Gang, Hunger Games, Cavegang, Writer's Bloque, Team Homi....there aren't enough people in all of these for a card honestly

And there are groups like Loud Boyz or whatever that are prob signed to URL exclusively

I've always wanted to see region vs region cards, but Organik always seemed to say that they would be too expensive. I don't really see why they would be that much more expensive than the typical Blackout/World Dom/Massacre card though

I remember West Coast vs Midwest was in the talks a year or two ago which would be pretty tight, something like:

Dizaster vs Calicoe
                          Daylyt vs Hitman
                          Thesaurus vs Aye Verb
                          Illmac vs JC
                          QP vs B Magic
                          Pass vs Big T
                          Caustic vs Qleen
                          Danny Myers vs Yung Ill
                          Rum Nitty vs Ill Will

or whatever

Comment

Originally posted by jdporter View Post
                            Good fucking point.

I've always wanted to see region vs region cards, but Organik always seemed to say that they would be too expensive. I don't really see why they would be that much more expensive than the typical Blackout/World Dom/Massacre card though

I remember West Coast vs Midwest was in the talks a year or two ago which would be pretty tight, something like:

Dizaster vs Calicoe
                            Daylyt vs Hitman
                            Thesaurus vs Aye Verb
                            Illmac vs JC
                            QP vs B Magic
                            Pass vs Big T
                            Caustic vs Qleen
                            Danny Myers vs Yung Ill
                            Rum Nitty vs Ill Will

or whatever
                            See, that card would be fucking dope.

Yeah no idea how that would be more expensive...hotels and flights? But they already do all that shit, and make it work...

Comment

Mass 2 has to be card of the year, one thing i will give kotd credit for is that they have a much diverse roster thus making weird/interesting matchups compared to URL recycling

Money bagz vs pass gonna be 2nd battle of the night next to the main event

would of like to see QP/QP vs NWX on the card

Comment

Originally posted by danmcfart View Post
                                Mass 2 has to be card of the year, one thing i will give kotd credit for is that they have a much diverse roster thus making weird/interesting matchups compared to URL recycling

Money bagz vs pass gonna be 2nd battle of the night next to the main event

would of like to see QP/QP vs NWX on the card
                                Agreed with the QP/QP and NWX card

Definitely fucking with the Pass/Money Bagz battle but I can't lie I've been wanting to see Bigg K vs Ice for a long time, those are two of my favorite all-time

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X