X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Smack needs to bring Gjonaj back on URL vs Nitty

Originally posted by cpjohnson View Post
    Originally posted by BORIS View Post
    I think gjonaj translates very very well on both platforms. As a fan I don't care what platform he battles on, lol @ caring that he went to KOTD so you never wanting to see him on URL wtf. You're a fan, why marginalise battlers?
    He's one of the few whose style translates well on both

I don't care where he battles, just think it was a terrible business move. For the one battler whose style translates amazing on both, you think he'd be conscious of not fucking up his relationships with both platforms
    But did he really fuck it up though? him? He was down to battle dizaster on URL, he had no problems with that. He even says this and that's why he called him out. The problem is diz wasn't doing it there, he was never going to New York and the url wasn't receptive to him against Rex. So he weren't trying to do anything with url. So he went to Kotd to do the battle. How did gjonaj ruin his relationship with url, that battle was never going down, they know that and diz knows that. You can't say taking diz in Cali on a big kotd card and losing is the reason for ruining his rep with smack because if he had won he'll be top 5 right now, it's the risk u take as battler, losing to a potential goat is definitely not a career ended so I don't see what he did wrong. If the match was locked in a both parties were willing and they done some slick snake shit and went to kotd then i could understand

Comment

I think gjonaj translates very very well on both platforms. As a fan I don't care what platform he battles on, lol @ caring that he went to KOTD so you never wanting to see him on URL wtf. You're a fan, why marginalise battlers?

I don't care where he battles, just think it was a terrible business move. For the one battler whose style translates amazing on both, you think he'd be conscious of not fucking up his relationships with both platforms
      But did he really fuck it up though? him? He was down to battle dizaster on URL, he had no problems with that. He even says this and that's why he called him out. The problem is diz wasn't doing it there, he was never going to New York and the url wasn't receptive to him against Rex. So he weren't trying to do anything with url. So he went to Kotd to do the battle. How did gjonaj ruin his relationship with url, that battle was never going down, they know that and diz knows that. You can't say taking diz in Cali on a big kotd card and losing is the reason for ruining his rep with smack because if he had won he'll be top 5 right now, it's the risk u take as battler, losing to a potential goat is definitely not a career ended so I don't see what he did wrong. If the match was locked in a both parties were willing and they done some slick snake shit and went to kotd then i could understand
      Since everyone knew the battle wouldn't go down on URL, why call him out on URL? And of course he ruined his relationship. Beasley went at Gjonaj on Instagram immediately after the battle with Diz, because he felt that Gjonaj used the platform to call out a battle that URL couldn't even benefit from. If he had won he definitely would be top 5 right now.

I am saying that since he knew Diz wouldn't take it on URL, why the FUCK would he call him out on URL? It makes no sense, makes all parties look stupid.

My opinion.

Gjonaj still thinks he did nothing stupid...he completely fucked up his URL relationship. You'll never see another URL battle with Gjonaj, trust me. If I'm wrong I'll take it back. But Beasley isn't a dude you want to piss off, if you want to battle on URL, and I completely understand why he called him out.

Comment

Last year around this time Gjonaj was that dude next up....he blew his own fire out.

Tink Da Demon,Ave,Rum Nitty All have a bigger buzz then his impatient ass....if hee wants anyone that matter he gotta do atleast 2 PG's, he just had a battle with some no name on BO6...dude just way too cocky.
        Originally posted by I AM GAY
        I lie all the time. It feels good.

Comment

Originally posted by BigZero! View Post
          Last year around this time Gjonaj was that dude next up....he blew his own fire out.

Tink Da Demon,Ave,Rum Nitty All have a bigger buzz then his impatient ass....if hee wants anyone that matter he gotta do atleast 2 PG's, he just had a battle with some no name on BO6...dude just way too cocky.
          Actual factual (Head Ice voice)

Comment

Since everyone knew the battle wouldn't go down on URL, why call him out on URL? And of course he ruined his relationship. Beasley went at Gjonaj on Instagram immediately after the battle with Diz, because he felt that Gjonaj used the platform to call out a battle that URL couldn't even benefit from. If he had won he definitely would be top 5 right now.

I am saying that since he knew Diz wouldn't take it on URL, why the FUCK would he call him out on URL? It makes no sense, makes all parties look stupid.

My opinion.

Gjonaj still thinks he did nothing stupid...he completely fucked up his URL relationship. You'll never see another URL battle with Gjonaj, trust me. If I'm wrong I'll take it back. But Beasley isn't a dude you want to piss off, if you want to battle on URL, and I completely understand why he called him out.
            Obviously at the time he called dizaster out URL and those involved thought it'll be a possibility. OBVIOUSLY, they're not going to allow him to call out someone on their platform that they feel will never be on it lol. that is retarded. they wanted it, gjonaj wanted it, dizaster didn't. they may have thought dizaster would be interested. He wasn't though. He had no interest in battling gjonaj on URL but wanted to do it on KOTD in cali. why is this gjonaj's fault? please believe if he smoked dizaster beasley wouldn't of said SHIT so miss me with the beasley posts hes just being petty.

hollow called out lux right before surf vs conceited, on stage infront of everybody. that was a call out for the biggest battle of the era so far and he did it on url but the battle went down on UDUB a league owned by a guy who has taken the most shots at url till this day. but BOTH of them niggas been back on URL with open arms...

Comment

My opinion.

Obviously at the time he called dizaster out URL and those involved thought it'll be a possibility. OBVIOUSLY, they're not going to allow him to call out someone on their platform that they feel will never be on it lol. that is retarded. they wanted it, gjonaj wanted it, dizaster didn't. they may have thought dizaster would be interested. He wasn't though. He had no interest in battling gjonaj on URL but wanted to do it on KOTD in cali. why is this gjonaj's fault? please believe if he smoked dizaster beasley wouldn't of said SHIT so miss me with the beasley posts hes just being petty.

hollow called out lux right before surf vs conceited, on stage infront of everybody. that was a call out for the biggest battle of the era so far and he did it on url but the battle went down on UDUB a league owned by a guy who has taken the most shots at url till this day. but BOTH of them niggas been back on URL with open arms...
              You're comparing Hollow and Lux, two of the greatest of all-time, to Gjonaj. If I was Gjonaj, it's not a stretch of the imagination to know that Diz doesn't have a relationship with URL that he has with King of the Dot. Gjonaj is in no position to call any shots whatsoever.

Therefore, since it is Diz's call, of COURSE it's going to be KOTD. Of COURSE it's going to be Los Angeles, where Diz is comfortable. ANYONE could've known that.

Gjonaj instead took the opportunity, as a newcomer battle rapper, to call out Diz in NEW YORK on URL. Not to mention Beas feels ANOTHER type of way because Gjonaj blew up because of a URL PG.

Yes, if Gjonaj had won, EVERYTHING about this situation could've been reversed. He didn't.

Even if Gjonaj had won, I don't think that URL has the kind of relationship with Gjonaj that they did with Hollow and Lux. They know that Lux and Hollow are mainstays in the game, and that no matter what those battlers choose to do, they are NECESSARY to forward the culture. Gjonaj doesn't have status like this.

I really don't get what you don't see about how idiotic that was, but that's just me personally. I can't really explain it any further. If Gjonaj wanted to call him out, he should've done a fucking blog or something, or done it at a KOTD event. Beasley put this fucking kid on, and he used his league as a platform to call him out, when EVERYBODY knows it's going down on KOTD? It's literally retarded business-wise for a newcomer to do that.

Everything about it is Gjonaj's fault bro

Comment

My opinion.

You're comparing Hollow and Lux, two of the greatest of all-time, to Gjonaj. If I was Gjonaj, it's not a stretch of the imagination to know that Diz doesn't have a relationship with URL that he has with King of the Dot. Gjonaj is in no position to call any shots whatsoever.

Therefore, since it is Diz's call, of COURSE it's going to be KOTD. Of COURSE it's going to be Los Angeles, where Diz is comfortable. ANYONE could've known that.

Gjonaj instead took the opportunity, as a newcomer battle rapper, to call out Diz in NEW YORK on URL. Not to mention Beas feels ANOTHER type of way because Gjonaj blew up because of a URL PG.

Yes, if Gjonaj had won, EVERYTHING about this situation could've been reversed. He didn't.

Even if Gjonaj had won, I don't think that URL has the kind of relationship with Gjonaj that they did with Hollow and Lux. They know that Lux and Hollow are mainstays in the game, and that no matter what those battlers choose to do, they are NECESSARY to forward the culture. Gjonaj doesn't have status like this.

I really don't get what you don't see about how idiotic that was, but that's just me personally. I can't really explain it any further. If Gjonaj wanted to call him out, he should've done a fucking blog or something, or done it at a KOTD event. Beasley put this fucking kid on, and he used his league as a platform to call him out, when EVERYBODY knows it's going down on KOTD? It's literally retarded business-wise for a newcomer to do that.

This is no different a situation than Hollow vs Lux, I'm not comparing names, i'm just speaking on how the business is operated. If URL as a business has morals and rules set in place surely whoever is on their platform should abide by these rules? From Hollow to a PG. if they compromise their foundations because of certain battlers status then they have no integrity as a company. But just like gjonaj hollow couldn't have known the issues lux or diz would have with the URL that didn't allow them to come to an agreement before they called thejm out that was just spur of the moment. He could of genuinely believed that's the only place it could go down. You keep assuming he was locked in with diz on KOTD before he went to SM5 and called him out. which is clearly false. like he said why would he need to go on URL and potentially ruin all his connections over there to promote a battle with one of the greatest battlers of all time? on a league that doesn't fuck with him lol.

If the battle was locked in, no one would say oh thanks a bunch gjonaj for setting up this amazing battle and getting diz back on ur...NO. URL would get the good looks. But the battle doesn't go down and diz doesn't want to do it and it's fuck u gjonaj u snake you used url. lol wtf.

Comment

My opinion.

This is no different a situation than Hollow vs Lux, I'm not comparing names, i'm just speaking on how the business is operated. If URL as a business has morals and rules set in place surely whoever is on their platform should abide by these rules? From Hollow to a PG. if they compromise their foundations because of certain battlers status then they have no integrity as a company. But just like gjonaj hollow couldn't have known the issues lux or diz would have with the URL that didn't allow them to come to an agreement before they called thejm out that was just spur of the moment. He could of genuinely believed that's the only place it could go down. You keep assuming he was locked in with diz on KOTD before he went to SM5 and called him out. which is clearly false. like he said why would he need to go on URL and potentially ruin all his connections over there to promote a battle with one of the greatest battlers of all time? on a league that doesn't fuck with him lol.

If the battle was locked in, no one would say oh thanks a bunch gjonaj for setting up this amazing battle and getting diz back on ur...NO. URL would get the good looks. But the battle doesn't go down and diz doesn't want to do it and it's fuck u gjonaj u snake you used url. lol wtf.
                  I'm not saying he did it intentionally. I'm saying knowing Diz's connections with KOTD and that Diz is the bigger battler, and the fact that it's all up to him, he should've been smart enough to not do that.

That's all bro.

I don't think he intentionally ruined his connections with URL. I just think he did.

When you have no control of a situation as the newcomer battler - you shouldn't really presume that anything is happening anywhere, even if it's not locked in. And especially if the veteran battler doesn't even fuck with that league - why call them out on URL?

I am saying that as soon as Gjonaj did it, I knew all of this would happen. I knew that URL would no longer fuck with him, because I knew it wouldn't go down there (Diz hasn't battled in URL in years), and I knew that if Gjonaj lost it would be an even worse look/severing of a relationship with URL. Literally as soon as it happened, I was like "Fuck, he better win", that way his status can get to where a Hollow and Lux is.

A Hollow or a Lux can call whatever fucking shots they want. URL has to understand that U Dubb had money for them that they didn't. But neither Hollow or Lux had a PG on URL. They came up and had a status off their own battles wherever it was (GrindTime, Lion's Den, DVD's, etc etc)...

COMPLETELY different situation from Gjonaj.

I think Gjonaj seems like a smart dude, and should've foreseen all of this. You're saying "Well how could he have even known, etc etc"...I'm a fan and I know that Diz fucks with KOTD. As a fan, I was confused as to why Gjonaj was on a URL stage calling out a KOTD battler. ESPECIALLY since Gjonaj came up on URL.

It doesn't take some genius or psychic to see it was a bad move. I'm not hating on Gjonaj, I'm a fan. I just think he should've foreseen that shit bro, that's it.

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X