General UFC/MMA discussion, news, updates, etc.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: General UFC/MMA discussion, news, updates, etc.

Wow.

Comment

Can't say I didn't see that coming though.

Comment

a juiced out lesnar might be as scary as a roided overeem

or even a trt vitor

trt vitor tho>>>>>>>>>>>>> everyone else

Ive since known since rome sins drove the syndromes of the unknowns craft

Leave my sig in church (signature) so they know its mine, opening up brains (branes) with string theory changing space and time

Comment

Originally posted by Chaunce View Post
          Lmafoooo, brock got granted exemption and doesnt have to take ped tests before the fight, utter bullshit.

Brock Lesnar granted waiver from four-month drug testing requirement
          Kevin Iole,Cagewriter 2 hours 33 minutes ago Comments Like Reblog on Tumblr Share Email

The UFC Anti-Doping Policy requires fighters who are coming out of retirement, such as former heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar, to notify the promotion in writing four months in advance of an intended return to competition, and to make themselves available for random testing for four months.

Lesnar on Friday agreed to terms and signed his bout agreement to fight Mark Hunt at UFC 200 on July 9 in Las Vegas. He entered into the testing pool on Monday. He thus would not be able to fight, though the clause also covers situations such as Lesnar.

The reason is for fairness and when it is impossible to comply.

Paragraph 5.7.1 of the testing policy covers both the four-month requirement for athletes who come out of retirement as well as the ability to grant an exemption.

5.7.1 An Athlete who gives notice of retirement to UFC, or has otherwise ceased to have a contractual relationship with UFC, may not resume competing in UFC Bouts until he/she has given UFC written notice of his/her intent to resume competing and has made him/herself available for Testing for a period of four months before returning to competition. UFC may grant an exemption to the four-month written notice rule in exceptional circumstances or where the strict application of that rule would be manifestly unfair to an Athlete.
          Lesnar has not fought in the UFC since Dec. 30, 2011, when he was beaten at UFC 141 by Alistair Overeem. It was several years before the promotion adopted the drug-testing policy.

When Lesnar began negotiating for his return at UFC 200, he was under contract with WWE and needed its permission to compete for the UFC.

The UFC released a statement to Yahoo Sports pointing to the publicly available policy.

"On June 6, 2016, UFC heavyweight Brock Lesnar was registered by USADA into the UFC Anti-Doping Policy testing pool. As part of the UFC Anti-Doping Policy, UFC may grant a former athlete an exemption to the four-month written notice rules in exceptional circumstances or where the strict application of that rule would be manifestly unfair to an athlete. Given Lesnar last competed in UFC on December 30, 2011, long before the UFC Anti-Doping Policy went into effect, for purposes of the Anti-Doping Policy, he is being treated similarly to a new athlete coming into the organization.
          "While conversations with the heavyweight have been ongoing for some time, Lesnar required permission from WWE to compete in UFC 200 and only agreed to terms and signed a bout agreement last Friday. He was therefore unable to officially start the Anti-Doping Policy process any earlier. UFC, however, did notify Lesnar in the early stages of discussions that if he were to sign with the UFC, he would be subject to all of the anti-doping rules. Lesnar and his management have now been formally educated by USADA on the policy, procedures and expectations.
          Lesnar has not said whether his UFC return is simply for the one fight with Hunt or for a longer period, but he will be subject to random testing and would continue to be unless he notifies the UFC in writing of an intention to retire again.
          He can still be tested by USADA now as well in and after competition. Its just this exemption means he doesnt have to wait 4 months from his new contract till he can fight again.

The rule makes sense and so does the exemption IMO. Its not like were gonna sit here and pretend Brock was never on the juice, even Mark Hunt knows who he signed up for. Its not like he is going to be on banned substances while fighting so whats the difference 4 months is gonna make when hes been pumped full of bull testosterone his whole life.

I guess really this is just me justifying the freak show that I want to see tho
          Originally posted by Eriko
          you dont have a sig

Comment

lets be real, i doubt they test him, and theyll use this as their reason why..

Comment

Originally posted by billybobjoe View Post
              Originally posted by Potijelli View Post
              jose is on the juice and cant manage to fight more than once a year are my main issues.

RiP KIMBO
              aldo has never tested postive

most champions only fight 2-4 times a year and aldos fights about 2
              they only just started testing for real and he was already shady when they tried to randomly test him. But all brazillians in brazil are on the juice, it is known.

Also he has fought 6 times since 2012. He is the only champ to consistently take over a year off in between defenses. He complains that mcgregor hasnt defended the featherweight title yet (~6 months) when it was 14 month between aldo defending and then fighting mcgregor. Who was really holding that division hostage?

these are the reasons im not a fan. brazillianbobjoe
              you dont have a sig

Comment

Originally posted by Chaunce View Post
                lets be real, i doubt they test him, and theyll use this as their reason why..
                True enough. Realistically Brock needs that strength advantage, and I see this as a show fight more than real competition since they said Brock can only fight this one fight outside of WWE its not like hes making a title run
                you dont have a sig

Comment

jose is on the juice and cant manage to fight more than once a year are my main issues.

RiP KIMBO

they only just started testing for real and he was already shady when they tried to randomly test him. But all brazillians in brazil are on the juice, it is known.

Also he has fought 6 times since 2012. He is the only champ to consistently take over a year off in between defenses. He complains that mcgregor hasnt defended the featherweight title yet (~6 months) when it was 14 month between aldo defending and then fighting mcgregor. Who was really holding that division hostage?

I understand them (not just Aldo, fuck Brazil) being mad about Conor not defending the belt. He shouldn't be allowed to go to 170 and get his ass beat unless he defends his belt.

He should have to defend his belt before the retarded, illogical Diaz re-match. If he does somehow manage to beat Diaz, they're going to set up probably a 170 title shot or 155 at very least, and he'll keep ducking the title defense. Just so he can cling to the "I'm the Featherweight champion" to keep his name alive.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose View Post

RiP KIMBO

I understand them (not just Aldo, fuck Brazil) being mad about Conor not defending the belt. He shouldn't be allowed to go to 170 and get his ass beat unless he defends his belt.

He should have to defend his belt before the retarded, illogical Diaz re-match. If he does somehow manage to beat Diaz, they're going to set up probably a 170 title shot or 155 at very least, and he'll keep ducking the title defense. Just so he can cling to the "I'm the Featherweight champion" to keep his name alive.
                    Honestly the rematch only makes sense from a money point of view, but the UFC has always put money first. The only other real reason I could see him wanting to prove himself at 170 so bad is that he would want to fight GSP if/when he comes back and the diaz loss will hurt that.

I get that ppl are mad he had two 170lbs fights in between defending but itll still be under a year between winning the title and defending so its not crazy in that respect.

No way he can duck the winner of Edgar vs Aldo any longer tho so its either gonna be fight or give up the belt(which he very well might do if he is offered a 155/170 title shot).
                    you dont have a sig

Comment

Yeah, the UFC is all about the fuckery. Which doesn't make sense, Diaz could very well end Conors hype more than he already did. Should have cashed in on the Edgar/McGregor fight first. Imo.

After the Diaz fight he's going to be be suspended for who knows how long. He's not going to make it out unscathed even if he wins. It will put him around a year or so depending on how long the suspension is.

I don't think he can make 145 anymore, that or he really doesn't want to. If he loses back to back to Diaz then loses to Edgar all very good possibilities, no more big fights for McNugget.

Comment

why you saying he's going to be suspended after the diaz fight? ..

Comment

Every fighter is suspended after every fight.

Comment

Yeah but the default suspension is only like 7 days or some shit. It only really matters if you get chocked unconscious or KO'd bc then its a 30-90 day suspension.

pretty sure there are also some fucky rules around cuts to the face but I dont really understand that
                            you dont have a sig

Comment

Originally posted by Moose View Post

RiP KIMBO

it took him 14 months because he got injured the first time around with a fractured rib

and before usada they were already testing more then almost every other sport in the world iirc

usada is just a roided up drug testing program that almost no one else uses except the ufc

Ive since known since rome sins drove the syndromes of the unknowns craft

Leave my sig in church (signature) so they know its mine, opening up brains (branes) with string theory changing space and time

Comment

A lost at 170 would not be as bad in the long run, the excuse of conor being too small would actually work with the public (not with hardcore fans tho)

Conor could lose at 170, then regain some steam again in the lower division, thus regaining his hype train. People usually judge a fighter based off of their last performance.

Since the diaz/mcgregor match is at the end of the year, it would make more sense to have max holloway vs the winner of aldo/edgar.
                                Holloway has won 9 fights in a row....NINE!

Dana White has stated they will get Mcgregor to defend his belt after Diaz, which is why they haven't strip him of the title yet. Since Aldo has such a long layoff, i actually don't mind the long gap for a title fight, but i am concerned for Holloway.

Will mcgregor ever go back down to defend the belt? he is better off at 155 IMO, due to the extreme weight cut. Mcgregor made his name with the featherweight belt which is why i believe he will defend the belt next year... the whole situation is a shitfest regardless of any form of reasoning.

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X