General UFC/MMA discussion, news, updates, etc.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: General UFC/MMA discussion, news, updates, etc.

Plus Al didn't deserve the bonus, tbh. Mike Perry definitely had KO of the night.

Comment

I disagree because the contact allows the UFC to cut you before you fulfill the fights that you signed for if your under performing so in the same respect fighters should refuse to fulfill the fights if they think they are over performing.

I agree Mike Perry has the KO of the night and im not saying al deserved a bonus for this one, just that hes had several KO's and never a bonus so its not something you can expect especially if a 1st round KO isnt good enough
      Originally posted by Eriko
      you dont have a sig

Comment

That's the contract they sign though. You're not forced to sign it.

I'm not saying Al doesn't have a legitimate grievance. I also think the UFC does need to pay more/treat the fighters better. However if you sign a contract I can't feel bad for you. You know what you're getting into. Bottom line that's on them.

Comment

Fair enough, I think alot is going to change now that UFC has less of a monopoly because before it was sign on this line or give up your dreams and now ppl at least have the notion of shopping around and not just taking the first thing presented to them.

I still think that if youre willing to walk away from it unless they renegotiate tho that you have to respect that. I feel like Nate is a better example too because once he beat Conor everything changed except his contact so I cant hold it against him for not fighting until the money matches up
          you dont have a sig

Comment

personally if I was getting underpaid I would just refuse to fight ranked fighters and only fight bums for easy wins and potential bonuses lol

youre gonna pay me 20k/20k? okay well for that you dont get me fighting anyone ive ever heard of before or anyone with a ufc win
            you dont have a sig

Comment

Originally posted by Moose View Post
              I'm all for paying the fighters more. I am also for honoring the contract you sign.

If you sign a contract you can't bitch about what you get paid.
              Lmao exCtly this
              Originally posted by Notsure
              [MENTION=20846]BigZero![/MENTION] meet me in copenhagen in 2 hours I will beat the retard out of u outside Caf� Norden

Comment

^not how contacts work btw. ive walked away from contracts before because things change lol.

In the ufcs case the reebok deal fucked that up for the fighters because they signed a fight contact and then were forced to sign the reebok contact down the line or be released, so maybe a lot of fighters didnt care that they were being underpaid before because they would get good money from sponsors on the UFC stage?

but i hear you danas sign the contact and do the work without complaining soon enough youll have enough brain damage to forget the whole thing
                you dont have a sig

Comment

if they had got me on board for the fighters association/union instead of that bjoyn fella we'd all be laughing in paradise right now
                  you dont have a sig

Comment

Originally posted by Potijelli View Post
                    ^not how contacts work btw. ive walked away from contracts before because things change lol.

In the ufcs case the reebok deal fucked that up for the fighters because they signed a fight contact and then were forced to sign the reebok contact down the line or be released, so maybe a lot of fighters didnt care that they were being underpaid before because they would get good money from sponsors on the UFC stage?

but i hear you danas sign the contact and do the work without complaining soon enough youll have enough brain damage to forget the whole thing
                    Not really, they obviously amend their contracts then they sign them, again.

If they could have just walked away then they're more retarded for not walking away then complaining about it.

Comment

TJ's comeback to Cody had me dying.

In response to Cody's video of him asking TJ to pick a charity to donate the money from the KO footage. TJ said to donate to a charity towards Kids without dads, so they don't become like Cody. hahahahaha

Comment

haha even better than the tattoo removal charity idea

i wish he woulda released it already tho bc its never gonna live up to the hype now. Especially seeing as TJ 4 years ago or whatever isnt the same TJ as today
                        you dont have a sig

Comment

If UFC was smart theyd introduce signing bonuses that basically grant guarantee yearly payments for being under contract.

I think a 40-100k depending on you star power with 40 forsure being the minimum.

1. Makes it look like fighters are getting more money even though they probably arnt in the long run in most cases.

2. Def makes some of the lower tier bums actually feel like their part of the biggest mma organization knowing theyll atleast come close to putting food on the table all year no matter what happens to em.

3. UFC needs to do something new to fortify loyalty and brand dominance, fighters and fans will love you more knowing youre taking care of each other (even just via appearances )

4. i aint a particularly mathy dude and aint gonna type out an breakdowns but i think a system like this that eliminates the bonus system, still gives fighters something to chase and strive for might end up being cheaper for them atleast imo especially if contract lengths are ever fiddled with..

Comment

the more i typed that the worst it sounded by my core point still stands..

i think a new bonus system would fix alot of issues in the sport for the non-Con/Ron/Jons of the game.

Comment

Get rid of commissions imo.
                              They ruin everything.

Open weight tourneys
                              Yellow cards for stalling
                              Taking drugs that keep you from gassing
                              Etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Wreckless View Post
                                Get rid of commissions imo.
                                They ruin everything.

Open weight tourneys
                                Yellow cards for stalling
                                Taking drugs that keep you from gassing
                                Etc.
                                Pride with bigger paydays to make up for that brutal trauma

Bellator is gonna be equal footing one day if UFC doesn't work these issues out and its all over if Bellator can find its own Mcgregor/carano kind of star.

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X