General UFC/MMA discussion, news, updates, etc.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: General UFC/MMA discussion, news, updates, etc.

And Poirier, and Mendes then knocked out Aldo in 13 seconds when he hadn't lost in over a decade, then beat Diaz then made Alvarez look like a bum.

The point isn't whether or not he deserves the shot(s), he got them and capitalized like any other fighter would. The point is that you nerds sit here and talk about him all day every day, it's fucking weird.

Comment

From a strictly purist point of view, he didn't deserve either shot.

Comment

Doesn't matter, he's a big ticket fighter and the UFC is a business. If he was handed those fights and got stomped out sure, toss him to the side. But when he won both belts with absolute ease then it looks like a good business move from where I'm sitting. You act like any UFC fighter would turn down a title shot because they haven't "earned it".

Comment

Conor has stepped to every challenge they've thrown, has fought 6 times in a year and packs arenas. 100% of the trash you guys spew is bias. Plenty of others have been in similar situations and it was never as big of a deal.

You hate the guy for arbitrary reasons, at least man up and say that. Stop trying to mask the strange obsessions with horrible "logic".

Comment

Plenty of others have been in similar situations

Who?

Comment

Alvarez...

Comment

Literally none of this negates how often you guys talk about him. It's insane.

Comment

You for example have more posts on this site talking about Conor than I have in general.

Comment

You're comparing Alvarez to McGregor....

Comment

pope in here having his say!!!!

he just wants everyone to know that although he will read every post in this thread he doesnt have time for people talking about the biggest fighter in the sport, and will spend his time making sure this kinda shit stops!!1!
                      Originally posted by Eriko
                      you dont have a sig

Comment

There's nothing else eventful going on to talk about. Everyone is so strongly for Conor or against Conor it's endless conversation.

I don't see the problem.

Comment

Alvarez was 2-1 and got a title shot... the comparison isn't far off.

Like I said you hate Conor just because you hate him. That's fine, just stop trying to dress it up as being something more.

Comment

A LWC shot is bullshit and you know it. He should've fought RDA before getting Eddie. Eddie went through a path to get his shot. What did McTap prove by tapping out to a unprepped Diaz and having a controversial win in the second match? I'm not even a a hater because I think he beat Diaz the second time but you know it's ppl out there that argues it lol with stats and what not. That's another discussion tho.
                            :emmittcrying: RIP DUNK & ILLA
                            Originally posted by EllC
                            no fucks given, thats a real nigga
                            "my nigga that round was cool, but yo bitch still ugly as hell my nigga"--hollow

Comment

Going through the path was proven irrelevant once he made Alvarez look like a rookie.

Comment

Maybe it's less of Conor not deserving the shot and more Aldo/Eddie not deserving the belts.

(Because what's it say about them that they got embarrassed by someone that didn't deserve to be there?)

But keep assuming "McGregor dies this fight", you'll undoubtedly be right eventually then you can say you called it, chalk him up as a fluke, and move on.

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X