CONOR MCGREGOR (C) VS NATE DIAZ - UFC 196 (SATURDAY)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: CONOR MCGREGOR (C) VS NATE DIAZ - UFC 196 (SATURDAY)

Originally posted by billybobjoe View Post
    conor looks like a god to people cause the ufc carefully picked his opponents, no one he fought was a wrestler which is why he wants to fight in the aldo rematch instead of the clear number 1 contender that is frankie edgar imho
    I agree that he should fight Edgar (even tho i dislike his style he does deserve it) but i also see the argument of Aldo's 10 year reign as champion should get a rematch idea, which i cant be mad at either choice.

I just don't understand why people think Aldo is the easier fight, is it because of the 13 second knockout?

An even more motivated Aldo is surely gonna be much tougher fight than Edgar, solely on the fact that Aldo has much more options on defeating McGregor than Edgar......Does anyone really think Edgar is gonna out strike him? naw hes gonna do the GSP style of fake striking to set up takedowns.

Side note regarding Wrestling,

I do recall Mcgregor picking Mendez for his replacement even tho he was given the chance to delay his Aldo fight in July, Nobody can prepare for mendez's wrestling in just two weeks which is why many McGregor fans gave him a pass on his ground game in that fight (myself included). If judging based off of the Diaz fight, Being Gassed/Rocked would make anyone pretty silly on the ground unless you're a legit blackbelt. Point being, I'm still on the fence about whether his ground game is bad/good

Comment

• Re: CONOR MCGREGOR (C) VS NATE DIAZ - UFC 196 (SATURDAY)

can we all stop saying he moved up 2 divisions? Even mcgregor said it in the embedded series leading up to this fight that it was going to be the eact same as the rda fight at 155 except he didnt have to starve himself the week of the fight to cut to 155. He was 167 and diaz was 169 which is what they would have came into the octagon after making 155 the day before and rehydrating. If mcgregor fought a true welterweight he wouldve been 167lbs in the cage with someone who was 180lbs+ and gotten wrecked. This was a lightweight fight without the weight cut.

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X