• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NFL Offseason Thread

Originally posted by mdesanto View Post
    Originally posted by Cook View Post
    Lmao

Beside.. I didnt say anything about franchise history, dumbass cook brought that up

I said this year, eagles > colts
    eagles haven't done anything in years but make the wild card a few times .
    They won't do anything this year either.
    Are u drunk?

U keep derailing into the past... And u sound dumb doing it

In the past 14 years or whatever time span you said, the eagles made the playoffs the same amount of time as the colts..

But this is all irrelevant idk why u keep bringing it up, its upsetting how stupid u can be

Who won the superbowl last yr? Year before? & before that?

Chawks, ravens, giants

U see something there? Every year shit changes.. Go back to negging random ppl stay out of football dicussions
    last year in the wild card, the colts beat the chiefs, a top3 team in the afc ,
    and 1 of the best teams in the nfl, in 1 of the biggest comebacks in nfl history.

in the regular season the colts beat the 2 teams that went to the super bowl
    (seahawks and broncos) . they also beat another top team in the league ,
    the 49ers. Who did the eagles beat last year? fall back bitch. end of discussion.
    Colts>>>eagles last season and colts>>eagles this season.
    look at you, emotional.

Comment

Lmao

Beside.. I didnt say anything about franchise history, dumbass cook brought that up

I said this year, eagles > colts
      eagles haven't done anything in years but make the wild card a few times .
      They won't do anything this year either.
      Are u drunk?

U keep derailing into the past... And u sound dumb doing it

In the past 14 years or whatever time span you said, the eagles made the playoffs the same amount of time as the colts..

But this is all irrelevant idk why u keep bringing it up, its upsetting how stupid u can be

Who won the superbowl last yr? Year before? & before that?

Chawks, ravens, giants

U see something there? Every year shit changes.. Go back to negging random ppl stay out of football dicussions
      last year in the wild card, the colts beat the chiefs, a top3 team in the afc ,
      and 1 of the best teams in the nfl, in 1 of the biggest comebacks in nfl history.

in the regular season the colts beat the 2 teams that went to the super bowl
      (seahawks and broncos) . they also beat another top team in the league ,
      the 49ers. Who did the eagles beat last year? fall back bitch. end of discussion.
      Colts>>>eagles last season and colts>>eagles this season.
      look at you, emotional.
      Holy illiterate

U keep bringing up past.. I dont get it

This season eagles > colts

Nothing else is remotely relevant

Must be a canadian thing eh?

Comment

you mentioned 'the super bowl last year, the year before and after that' moron.
        so I mentioned last season, which is relevant seeing that the new season hasn't started.
        how butthurt are you?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by bino View Post
            chuncey gettin killed itt
            u little shit

Comment

Imma be at the redskins v patriots scrimmage on tuesday, so if yall see a fat naked dude charge at brady and dive for his knee:

its this guy

Comment

"I have measured out my life with coffee spoons"
                - T.S. Eliot

"Why should I apologize for the monster I've become? No one ever apologized for making me this way."
                - The Joker

“Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot.”

Comment

you mentioned 'the super bowl last year, the year before and after that' moron.
                  so I mentioned last season, which is relevant seeing that the new season hasn't started.
                  how butthurt are you?
                  Clearly.. U are as i said illiterate

I used the superbowls as an example how each season is different, different teams are good, meaning the past seasons dont matter if that were the case youd be winning back to back superbowls.

Eagles > colts this season, quote me midway

Comment

I'm going to get lynched for this, but....

Brian Dawkins was overrated. Luckily the Birds had Troy Vincent, Bobby Taylor, Lito Sheppard, Sheldon Brown and Asante Samuel during his tenure, because if he was required to play two deep or centerfield as much as a regular safety then he would've been exposed. Dawkins was an excellent tackler and a vocal leader. I personally would rank Ed Reed ahead of him all-time.

Comment

I agree.

Still a solid player though, when yall needed him the most he made the plays he was asked too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojo View Post

Brian Dawkins was overrated. Luckily the Birds had Troy Vincent, Bobby Taylor, Lito Sheppard, Sheldon Brown and Asante Samuel during his tenure, because if he was required to play two deep or centerfield as much as a regular safety then he would've been exposed. Dawkins was an excellent tackler and a vocal leader. I personally would rank Ed Reed ahead of him all-time.
                        I mean.. He wasnt a bad pass defender.. He didnt have bad hands for ints and he could hit hard enough to make them drop passes or at least change the momentum i.e what he did to crumpler

But it isnt just his play he made the entire defense play better

Comment

I mean.. He wasnt a bad pass defender.. He didnt have bad hands for ints and he could hit hard enough to make them drop passes or at least change the momentum i.e what he did to crumpler

I want to reiterate that I'm a huge Dawkins fan. I've been an Eagle fan for over 20 years and have seen every game in its entirety for a very long time. The last game I missed was the pickle juice game, week 1 2000 @ Dallas.

As far as making everyone better, ask yourself, did he really? He had an amazing supporting cast through the 2000's. They made his job easy. In addition to having constant pro-bowl corners, he had Hugh Douglas creating an incredible amounts of chaos. Hugh was underrated. Corey Simon and Hollis Thomas were prototypical fat boys that clog the middle and made it very difficult to penetrate between the tackles.

Jeremiah Trotter was the best player on that defense. If you're not 100% sure of that, take a look at 2003. Our defense was average without him. Before and after he came back, they were a top 10 defense. He was a sideline to sideline tackling machine. Carlos Emmons was an unheralded star. He should go down as one of the best cover SLB's of all time. TEs did nothing when he covered them, but as soon as he handed coverage off to Dawkins, the TEs put up big numbers. Jeremy Shockey made a career out of exposing Dawk. Covering TEs was Dawkins biggest weakness.

Dude could tackle and I appreciate his passion, but he shouldn't be considered a top 5 safety OAT. Top 10 maybe.

Comment

I want to reiterate that I'm a huge Dawkins fan. I've been an Eagle fan for over 20 years and have seen every game in its entirety for a very long time. The last game I missed was the pickle juice game, week 1 2000 @ Dallas.

As far as making everyone better, ask yourself, did he really? He had an amazing supporting cast through the 2000's. They made his job easy. In addition to having constant pro-bowl corners, he had Hugh Douglas creating an incredible amounts of chaos. Hugh was underrated. Corey Simon and Hollis Thomas were prototypical fat boys that clog the middle and made it very difficult to penetrate between the tackles.

Jeremiah Trotter was the best player on that defense. If you're not 100% sure of that, take a look at 2003. Our defense was average without him. Before and after he came back, they were a top 10 defense. He was a sideline to sideline tackling machine. Carlos Emmons was an unheralded star. He should go down as one of the best cover SLB's of all time. TEs did nothing when he covered them, but as soon as he handed coverage off to Dawkins, the TEs put up big numbers. Jeremy Shockey made a career out of exposing Dawk. Covering TEs was Dawkins biggest weakness.

Dude could tackle and I appreciate his passion, but he shouldn't be considered a top 5 safety OAT. Top 10 maybe.
                            Im saying he made everyone around him better because of the motivation factor. He shifted the game momentum with one hit, one speech, whatever it was he was the determining factor of that defense playing well imo.

Trotter was good, you're comparing different positions though.. I think dawkins did more for the team overall

And if hes not top 5 oat for you, who is?

Comment

Tatum, Woodson, Lott, Reed, and Atwater or Houston

so many doep safetys

Comment

Wow yal really some football fags in here. Respect
                                Originally posted by Wreckless
                                I would have rather been black than an orphan
                                https://image.spreadshirtmedia.com/i...ams_design.png

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X