• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Goldfarming in video games

i was the worst beginner ever i mained fiora and fed every game

Comment

Originally posted by RockyfifteeNo View Post
      i don't think goldfarming has to be negative. If someone puts time and effort into something they should be able to sell what they have accumulated in that time, if they wish. its really an example of our capitalistic society, where people are constantly finding new crafts and industries to make money. that is if they are actually playing the game and not running code/ programs to cheat the game.
      Yeah, the issue is that many of them are running scripts/bots. I just talked to a couple of my friends that know about it and one of them mentioned a program called "honorobuddy" or "honorbuddy" or some shit. You essentially paid $10 for a subscription to this program that ran scripts while you were afk and would farm gold or train skills or w/e the fuck and it'd keep going until you got caught. My friend said it would usually last around a month before getting caught, and the amount you could farm in that time with the program equated to between $500-1500. And people would run this on multiple accounts at once.

Also, some crazy shit. My friend told me that there were chinese prisons where they would sentence prisoners to work on goldfarming for 16 hours a day and shit like that. I'm definitely putting this in my presentation
      https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/201...-gold-farmers/
      sigpic
      Professional amount-of-jellybeans-in-a-jar guesser.

Negging your alts since 2013

Comment

Originally posted by FuccBoiFresh View Post
        multiple sunfire capes on garen is essential i buy at least 4. u need to map the handstand emote to a good button so u can go i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i--i-i-i-i-i-i-i'm holding the world up. ur enemys wont know what to do.

best champ to learn for someone at your skill level is lee sin if you can master him everyone else is relatively easy except orianna azir and some of the new champs i don't know.
        My champ pool aka champs that i can play well against bots but normally get destroyed against real people anyways are:

Annie (support/mid)
        Amumu (jg)
        Udyr (jg)
        Fizz (mid/jg) although i'm better at lasthitting with annie's q
        Lux (mid/support)
        Soraka (support)

There might be a few more that I've had decent games with in ARAM, but that's about it. My annie mechanics are wayyy better than any of my other champs. Not sayin there's much to her mechanics, but you can definitely tell I play annie 80% of my matches. My tibbers game is strong.
        sigpic

Comment

thats a good champ pool some people have gotten very high elo just playing annie

Comment

i used to get reported for playing her support

Comment

don't really understand how you're allowed to talk about video games when it's about microcomputer applications like Word/PP etc. like u mentioned but dope subject.

would help u out but haven't played any of those grind games either. did grind a fair bit of Destiny but that doesn't revolve around Gold. U can get alot of info on reddit threads and user forums regarding the games and maybe make a similar thread those games full of enthusiasts that are willing to make time to supply u w needed content

good luck tho
              Originally posted by Neon Eriko
              we're like 5 wierdos from having a full season of reality tv here
              Originally posted by nick216
              Ill hit you with a powerful blast that will rip your stomach out of your ass

Comment

Originally posted by Xplisit View Post
                Originally posted by RockyfifteeNo View Post
                i don't think goldfarming has to be negative. If someone puts time and effort into something they should be able to sell what they have accumulated in that time, if they wish. its really an example of our capitalistic society, where people are constantly finding new crafts and industries to make money. that is if they are actually playing the game and not running code/ programs to cheat the game.
                Yeah, the issue is that many of them are running scripts/bots. I just talked to a couple of my friends that know about it and one of them mentioned a program called "honorobuddy" or "honorbuddy" or some shit. You essentially paid $10 for a subscription to this program that ran scripts while you were afk and would farm gold or train skills or w/e the fuck and it'd keep going until you got caught. My friend said it would usually last around a month before getting caught, and the amount you could farm in that time with the program equated to between $500-1500. And people would run this on multiple accounts at once.

Also, some crazy shit. My friend told me that there were chinese prisons where they would sentence prisoners to work on goldfarming for 16 hours a day and shit like that. I'm definitely putting this in my presentation
                https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/201...-gold-farmers/

if they're using scripts and bots that's lame. Never knew you could make so much money in games like that. i wouldn't have believed you on the prison thing if you said basically anywhere but china. China sounds crazier and crazier every time i hear about it.

Comment

how is even possible to suck with annie...
                  http://i.imgur.com/8RdQ0yU.png

Comment

Originally posted by skandalouz View Post
                    don't really understand how you're allowed to talk about video games when it's about microcomputer applications like Word/PP etc. like u mentioned but dope subject.

would help u out but haven't played any of those grind games either. did grind a fair bit of Destiny but that doesn't revolve around Gold. U can get alot of info on reddit threads and user forums regarding the games and maybe make a similar thread those games full of enthusiasts that are willing to make time to supply u w needed content

good luck tho
                    It's because we are using those applications to present a team project. We have to use excel for graphs, word for an outline, and powerpoint for a presentation with slides and notes and everything. It's stupid though, it's a team project and we all have different individual topics. I proposed the idea that my team could ALL talk about online gaming since there is so many ways you could go with it and it's expanding like crazy, but she doesn't understand. So our team's individual topics right now are: Online Gaming, Music, CGI, eCommerce, and whatever the last person picks. However, another team is allowed to divide ergonomics into: mouse, keyboard, chair, etc. LMFAO. Online Gaming can't be split amongst a group, but ergonomics can.

Also, good looks on the reddit idea. Might take up that route if I need to. If they feel like it, they do WORK.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Smith View Post
                      how is even possible to suck with annie...
                      I just never played any type of MOBA before so I suck in general. Moving around with the mouse clicks and everything just seems so backwards to me. I do get the occasional 3-4 man tibbers stun mid-to-late game that wins the fight and game for our team, but I'm not gonna lie and say I'm a good player. I'm only lvl 20 though. By the time I can play ranked, I'll progress. I watch LCS sometimes when I have free-time so I'm learning. Need more hands-on experience but I rarely feel like committing myself to searching for a match when I know it might last upwards of an hour at this skill level.

For the record though, I can go like 20/0/5 in a bot game with 7-8 cs/min. I'm just not as good at judging fights against real players that build against me. I suck at adapting to somebody camping my lane. I flat-out can't play against azir or brand mid when I'm annie. But atleast I can recognize most of my weaknesses, just need to work on em.
                      sigpic

Comment

Talk about China being poor basically
                        Originally posted by Yukon Cornelius
                        And I know a thing or two about being fucked in the ass
                        Sell a home in Dallas, Texas

Comment

Mid is a stressful role for new players would recommend learning supp and ADC til u get lvl 30

Comment

Yeah I mostly run support with a friend running ADC, but you know how it goes. Sometimes people don't wanna come off their spot and you gotta adapt.
                            sigpic

Comment

Okay so I'll start from the beginning of my experience with goldfarming anecdotal, and then move on to history up until the present day where I will then finish up with ethical concerns, repercussions, and my opinion for the future and moving forward.

Ahhem.
                              Originally posted by Eriko
                              you dont have a sig

Comment

My first experience with gold farming was at a young age (cant remember exactly but lets say 8-10 yo) I was playing my first ever MMO called Tibia. Tibia is similar to other shitty MMORPGs such as Runescape in the sense that it has multiple resources that can be "farmed" (that is with little to no effort).
                                I played this game for some time (1 year) and soon realized that I was wasting my valuable time farming these resources when all I wanted was gold. Being a mensa genius I realized I could automate some of these processes (I used a simple macro that I created to make my character fish) while I was at school thereby maximizing my efficiency. After doing this I soon realized that I could sell my resources for in game currency and then began to ball out.*

I would later forget about this whole ordeal and move on to bigger and better games, namely that of The World of Warcraft (WoW). And in order to stay under my allotted word count I will dive straight to the point that I had a friend instead of spending time to get his character strong like mine he choose to spend some money on gold ($20) and save himself the hassle of the grind to getting geared.*

I would later go on to never experience goldfarming until I would one day step into an OTBVA thread on the topic, but Ill save that story for another day.
                                *The repercussions will be visited in a later installment.
                                Originally posted by Eriko
                                you dont have a sig

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X