Welp this is awkward (CBS, NYT, Al Franken, and Planned Parenthood)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Welp this is awkward (CBS, NYT, Al Franken, and Planned Parenthood)

1- At some point in this very important post-Weinstein watershed, we need to start differentiating between lewd comments, groping, indecent exposure, forced sex, and sexual acts with a minor
    Some of these big Hollywood / politics names (there are like 40 of them and counting) have literally had sex with minors and they’re being conflated on the list with people who patted someone’s ass. Both definitely wrong. Even lewd comments are wrong when made at the workplace. It’s illegal. More legislation in my opinion and more education. People, (predominantly males) should be socialized to understand all forms of violation and fear repercussions - the same way you don’t kill people you dislike because you don’t want to go to jail.

2- Where are the fucking charges? When Bill Cosby was in the news they pulled every string in the book and caught every loophole to prosecute him. All these recently accused people were standing on the sidelines not saying shit.
    I don’t want to hear that accused people with more serious offenses “lost their job” gtfoh imho

Comment

The only way people differentiate these lists is by Republican or Democrat. Most Americans are dumb. Point blank period. Each know that their preferred "party" is 99% garbage and since they can't make that go away they try to spotlight the trash on the other "side". It's more important for them to "prove" the other party is "worse" than it is to actually address the issue as Americans/humans.

Source: this thread, and pretty much every other political thread on this site as well as most articles that have been written as of late.

The worst part, in my opinion, is morons like Ryan don't even realize how hypocritical and destructive this tactic is.

When people choose some outdated political party over empathy or justice there's a problem. Franken should pay for his actions. Charlie Rose should pay for his actions. Roy Moore should pay for his actions.

You have christian pastors who are defending Moore because "some 14 year olds could pass for 20".

You have governors (Kay Ivey, Alabama) who state they don't "disbelieve" the accusers but will vote for Moore anyways because they need a republican in Senate.

Moore himself in an interview said he didn't "generally" date teenagers when he was in his 30's. Not generally.

All of these people are disgusting. And turning a blind eye to it because of blind political loyalty is equally as disgusting.

Comment

And the strawman/false equivalence/logical fallacy tactics people like Ryan use are just as asinine.

People being pieces of shit are not mutually exclusive. They can exist simultaneously and from both "sides of the aisle"

So this constant JD Porter approach of "But a liberal somewhere some time said this, so in turn this thing a republican said/did is less egregious!" makes you look like an imbecile. And people like Robin do the same thing on the other side.

You're both little fuckin puppies wagging your tail and following your broken party licking up all the shit they leave behind and barking across the aisle.

Comment

Originally posted by ekeanon View Post
          “But Trump said grab em by the pussy and stared at girls at a beauty pageant he was hosting!!!”

#NoPedoBashing
          False equivalence.

If these issues weren't so serious I'd find it funny how incapable you are of making a genuine argument without logical fallacy.

You're a fuckin' dunce. Through and through. Last post I'll make in your threads, you're not worth the oxygen you breathe, let alone mine.

Comment

Dork.

Comment

Please note the emotional 4 posts above came from such a superior human being, that he literally predicted the future...

Originally posted by Tadgh View Post
              Trump will not win the Republican nomination. That will most likely go to Rubio. Trump will then, in all of his lack-of-experience-and-knowledge arrogance wind up splitting the vote by running independent giving the Democrats (more than likely Hilary unfortunately) an easy W.

Comment

roy moore did nothing wrong, its a bunch of lying bitches trying to stop the truest conservative of the last 50 years from serving in the senate facilitated by the rnc/dnc. most of the other ppl being accused have admitted it or evidence has been provided

its all retarded tho, most of these are accusations of inappropriate touching that lasted half a second 40 years ago. women are objects and their main goal in life is to be objectified. the state the west is sickening, some random can say some prominent man winked at her in 1993 and the media runs it like hes a rapist and hes fired the next day. to be fair tho, most actors/politicians are the scummiest, most morally depraved ppl on the planet so i hope they all go down
                Originally posted by Justice
                I get applauded for my taste in film.

Comment

No proof that the pedo banner wasn't a plant or trolls. Antifa has literally zero history of supporting that narrative.

And again, the only thing the primary quote proves is naive optimism. I shouldn't have had so much faith in the Republican party, you're right.

You're almost absurdly dumb.
                  While no proof the banner wasn't a plant, no proof it wasn't either. That's beyond the point. There was advocates to add pedos to LGBTwdrtfwsdg. It doesn't seem too far our that even a small group inside Antifa that would also support it.

Comment

Originally posted by HEISTBVA
                    ive never needed a pumpkin spice latte this much in my life

Comment

Originally posted by Moose View Post
                      No proof that the pedo banner wasn't a plant or trolls. Antifa has literally zero history of supporting that narrative.

And again, the only thing the primary quote proves is naive optimism. I shouldn't have had so much faith in the Republican party, you're right.

You're almost absurdly dumb.
                      While no proof the banner wasn't a plant, no proof it wasn't either. That's beyond the point. There was advocates to add pedos to LGBTwdrtfwsdg. It doesn't seem too far our that even a small group inside Antifa that would also support it.
                      Absolutely possible. Antifa fuckin suck badly. But even "best case" as you stated was a small group of weirdos that self-identify as Antifa. Hardly enough to use it as a plot point.

(I'll respond to you, because you're not an incompetent and insufferable dork like Ekelon)

Comment

That's definitely fair. While speaking in pure speculation, that should definitely be something they'd disavow. I don't keep up with their silly shit, so maybe they did, but it's one of those things that makes them look bad. Just like at any right wing rally if someone has a swastika flag they're the center of every news station to set the stage.

Do all Antifa support pedophilia? No. Are all right wingers "Nazis"? No. It's still a bad look. Even if it is a small minority.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose View Post
                          That's definitely fair. While speaking in pure speculation, that should definitely be something they'd disavow. I don't keep up with their silly shit, so maybe they did, but it's one of those things that makes them look bad. Just like at any right wing rally if someone has a swastika flag they're the center of every news station to set the stage.

Do all Antifa support pedophilia? No. Are all right wingers "Nazis"? No. It's still a bad look. Even if it is a small minority.
                          I agree it's a bad look. I also don't follow Antifa at all because they're embarrassing, so I'm not sure if they've "officially" denounced it. I did see two different "statements" though. One saying that someone came up in the typical antifa douche costume with a folded banner and asked some people to hold it for a photo op and were "chased off" once they discovered what it said. Which is still a bad look if you're willing to take photos with any banner without reading it. The other was that these were trolls that were trying to rile up the antifa dorks with this banner and weren't actually affiliated.

The "alt right" and antifa all need to fuck off imo

Comment

Lol I didn't hear that story. If it's true it's hilarious. Anyone that will hold a banner without knowing what is says for a photo deserves whatever repercussion with it. As far as trolls showing up with it, while possible, that's exactly what both sides say. I remember seeing a whole thing about the guy in Charlottesville with a swastika flag was a plant with elaborate "proof". It's possible, but who knows.

Comment

Anymore with both sides the trolls/plants seem almost more likely than any other theory.

Comment

True. You'd have to be pretty fucking dumb to do something like that. Not that I doubt there aren't stupid enough people that would do it.

I'm almost tempted to bring a banner to a rally and see if I can get them to hold some fucked up shit without knowing. I lol'd hard imagining that happening.

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X