What does the future of cannabis look like under Trump, opinions?.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does the future of cannabis look like under Trump, opinions?.

Trump administration to target legal pot

Cathedral City Collective Care in Riverside County is one of thousands of marijuana businesses that may be at risk of raids and seizures. (Maria Alejandra Cardona / Los Angeles Times)

Atty. Gen. Jeff Sessions is rescinding the longstanding federal policy permitting states to legalize recreational pot, placing thousands of marijuana businesses in California and other states operating legally under state law at risk to federal raids and seizures.
    The Justice Department move plunges California's fledgling recreational pot market into further uncertainty, and was met with a stinging bipartisan backlash from lawmakers in states where marijuana is sold to any adult who wants to buy it........

http://beta.latimes.com/politics/la-...104-story.html

This sucks for stoners, good for non licensed growers in terms of money per harvest, but also increase risk of a long prison stay if caught up.
    Originally posted by billybobjoe
    i cosign ihigh,Brazil is a shit hole

Re: What does future the future of cannabis look like under Trump, opinions?.

@Snitchclique, [MENTION=15763]Justice[/MENTION], [MENTION=39669]ekeanon[/MENTION], [MENTION=26785]robinw[/MENTION]illiams [MENTION=18393]Mediocre[/MENTION] [MENTION=19872]Moose[/MENTION] [MENTION=5016]Jefferson Miller[/MENTION]
    Originally posted by billybobjoe
    i cosign ihigh,Brazil is a shit hole

Comment

Re: What does the future of cannabis look like under Trump, opinions?.

I don't live in one of those states that legalized it, nor do I smoke weed. Because of those two facts I don't really read much about the impact they've had positive or negative.

The fact that those state officials are fighting so feverishly to stop Sessions and co. leads me to believe the impact of progressive cannabis laws has been positive. Seems this administration can't decide if they want more or less government involvement. If the California Attorney General is telling you that you don't need to fuck with the current status quo, it behooves them to listen.

Comment

Originally posted by Snitch Clique View Post
        I don't live in one of those states that legalized it, nor do I smoke weed. Because of those two facts I don't really read much about the impact they've had positive or negative.

The fact that those state officials are fighting so feverishly to stop Sessions and co. leads me to believe the impact of progressive cannabis laws has been positive. Seems this administration can't decide if they want more or less government involvement. If the California Attorney General is telling you that you don't need to fuck with the current status quo, it behooves them to listen.
        There are two main things that states like about cannabis, 1 is the money, the 2nd is the medical value of cannabis. In this day in age even some Republicans who hate weed like Trey Gowdy have asked the question "Why is weed classified as being more dangerous than cocaine". The fact is weed was only made illegal because of anti-immigrant and racist tensions back in the 1900s. One big advocate for making weed illegal was the law enforcement. 2 things happen, blacks were given the right to vote, and they were a growing minority. To suppress black voters and get easy marks they started making drugs like weed illegal. Under the guise of it to protect our people, in reality it was used to criminalize the poor and undesirables. Over the decades weed was taught to be as bad or worst than most drugs. However in the past years science has utterly refuted that, and even shown weed is safer than just about everything else we're legally allowed to shove down our throats. Pills, alcohol, tobacco, all more dangerous with more physical and mental health risks than weed.

In the medical community, weed has been proven to help a wide variety of problems. medicinal weed can be used to treat severe/debilitating pain, it can relieve anxiety and calm autistic kids as well of a handful of other things that can be applied to just about any medical problem you can have. We now know pills are a rising problem for americans, regular families are becoming addicted to pills prescribed by a doctor. This is because they stand to make a money off perscribing more pills than needed, and telling people they need to take pills. The big pharma, hospitals and doctors stand to make a profit off getting people addicted to pills. Just like a drug dealer selling crack, but instead it's professionalized and legalized. Options like weed, would be a wrench in the story. It would cover so many different medical illnesses that pills, alcohol, and other self medicating things would take a huge hit. Because weed for majority of people is the better alternative to mainstream medicine.

The only reason why weed is illegal right this second is because of politics, and propaganda. From a scientific and logical perspective, weed is the greatest thing in the world for people, businesses, and states.

Comment

Last I heard Trump said he’d leave it up to the states

Sessions has a big issue with it tho so idk

IMO, if alcohol is legal, pot should be legal.

Comment

Yeah alcohol def more dangerous than pot

Comment

I’m not a big fan of alcohol, but I’ve never been drunk and I’ve never smoked pot...

But I’ve been around heavy users of both and by far alcohol has ruined more lives in my life.

Comment

Been drunk a ton of some times and it's way worse than weed

Comment

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne5ot2P52PU"]Why People Are Freaking Out About Jeff Sessions' Green Swing, Trump and Bannon Breakup, and More... - YouTube[/ame]

@iHigh peep the 1st topic
                  I like modding because it gives me the illusion I have control.

Comment

Originally posted by ekeanon View Post
                    I’m not a big fan of alcohol, but I’ve never been drunk and I’ve never smoked pot...

But I’ve been around heavy users of both and by far alcohol has ruined more lives in my life.
                    this explains so much about u

Comment

heavy weed user here

Comment

Originally posted by StillNora View Post
                        Originally posted by ekeanon View Post

this explains so much about u
                        As in?

Comment

[MENTION=39669]ekeanon[/MENTION] damn. I understand now.

Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by StillNora View Post
                            heavy weed user here
                            Please

You weigh at most 140 if your holding 2 25lb weights

Comment

Only thing I do more than the booze is the fuck, and buddy I make fuck constantly.

I know upwards of 3 women that can confirm.

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X