Truth about OXXXY vs DIZ hype from an insider.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Truth about OXXXY vs DIZ hype from an insider.

damn fyodor stay with the exclusives for the culture
    Originally posted by Justice
    I get applauded for my taste in film.

Comment

gotta come clean, axom and soro are my alts. bruce forgive me!
      Originally posted by Justice
      I get applauded for my taste in film.

Comment

Meh
        CLICK 4 THE BIGGEST BODY IN BATTLE RAP!!

Comment

Its doing #s other then that WGAF
          CLICK 4 THE BIGGEST BODY IN BATTLE RAP!!

Comment

Originally posted by 9NeiN9 View Post
            Real Heads know that battle rap is dead.
            U kno ur in a BATTLE RAP forum right? U must be trying to revive it!

Comment

Originally posted by King Kurbz View Post
              "Ok you nerds"

Then you went on to type all that
              Originally posted by Notsure
              [MENTION=20846]BigZero![/MENTION] meet me in copenhagen in 2 hours I will beat the retard out of u outside Caf� Norden

Comment

Originally posted by hoytsmith View Post
                [
                U kno ur in a BATTLE RAP forum
                The OT means off topic

Comment

I don't really care about underground vs mainstream if the mainstream artist is skillful. It's like saying Kendrick Lamar is a sellout/bad rapper and Locksmith is better. With this in mind, Oxxxy was great and refreshing to hear with personals, erudite lines, comedy, nerd stuff, good rhythm etc. Maybe the Russian 2pac could have done better in Russian but not in English. Give him his dues..

Comment

To me it’s really not that serious......I understand that the views are there due to the Oxxy dude.....but the battle is not rewatchable (I barely made it through the 1st round) but KOTD gets a win here due to probably having the most views for a battle stateside and I think someone said there subscribers went up......I don’t think there is no big behind the scene shit that happen

Comment

Originally posted by BiggieCalls View Post
                      I don't really care about underground vs mainstream if the mainstream artist is skillful. It's like saying Kendrick Lamar is a sellout/bad rapper and Locksmith is better. With this in mind, Oxxxy was great and refreshing to hear with personals, erudite lines, comedy, nerd stuff, good rhythm etc. Maybe the Russian 2pac could have done better in Russian but not in English. Give him his dues..

I like modding because it gives me the illusion I have control.

Comment

someone need to translate OXXXY vs SLAVA KPSS
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by J2II View Post
                          I will just say that if that will happen, there will be a fair amount of references lost on western listeners, no disrespect. Some of it is backstories, some references to russian literature and general russian pop culture, etc. Imagine translating charlie clips basketball lines or something like that. With that being said, Slava was really impressive, he didn't resort to cheap shots or obvious angles, and had roomshaking showstoppers. He broke Oxxxy clearly, in front of everyone, in a very convincing manner when Oxxxy seemed absolutely invincible and had everything going for him, including a year long prep. Not that he wasnt great that battle, he was, but Slava just stole the show and the biggest upset ever. Very, very, cool battle. Will be very difficult to translate properly and to explain the wordplay/references, it sucks but it is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Fyodor View Post
                            Originally posted by J2II View Post
                            I will just say that if that will happen, there will be a fair amount of references lost on western listeners, no disrespect. Some of it is backstories, some references to russian literature and general russian pop culture, etc. Imagine translating charlie clips basketball lines or something like that. With that being said, Slava was really impressive, he didn't resort to cheap shots or obvious angles, and had roomshaking showstoppers. He broke Oxxxy clearly, in front of everyone, in a very convincing manner when Oxxxy seemed absolutely invincible and had everything going for him, including a year long prep. Not that he wasnt great that battle, he was, but Slava just stole the show and the biggest upset ever. Very, very, cool battle. Will be very difficult to translate properly and to explain the wordplay/references, it sucks but it is what it is.
                            thanks for this
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bohboh
                              i feel it I'm just out here letting random hate off bro

Comment

Originally posted by Fyodor View Post
                                Ok you nerds, here's the inside scoop on OXXXY and why this whole thing is taking center-stage.

There are two battle leagues in Russia, Versus, which Oxxxy represents, it's his boys etc. and which he tops as the biggest name and the champ, and Slovo, a rival league that's from a smaller city but which is consider to be the true "underground" MC platform which is rugged and no favors given only skill counts no bullshit attitude and reputation. Now, Versus is considered a diva, pop, lipstick, sellout, garbage league thats mainly about teenage crowd and pop value, something like Wild N Out, and no real MC's pretty much respect, you can imagine, mainstream garbage sponsors etc. NOW HERE IS THE IMPORTANT PART:

The champions from both leagues clashed recently: OXXXY vs SLAVA KPSS.
                                Both undefeated, one from a pop platform, one from the basement rocky punching the meat in freezer league.
                                It was a judged battle. 5 independent judges.
                                OXXXY lost 5-0 in absolute humiliating fashion, brutally.
                                The other guy was on some Tupac, anti establishment, anti jews, anti corporations, anti industry tip, and really brought something that was like A SLAP IN THE FACE to the mainstream.
                                The mainstream aint having none of that in Russia.
                                Oxxxy is the "good" and obedient posterboy. He must remain n 1.
                                "They" funnel the money to recreate OXXXY hype and shun SLAVA, the true MC genius from the limelight for he exposes corruption and evils of Russia and mainstream Rap culture.
                                Real Talk.
                                Real heads know.
                                Semi interesting but a couple of points:

Firstly the whole 'real hip hop' thing is lame as fuck in Britain and the US and probably equally lame within a pale basement battle rap too. So there's that, also your mate isn't Tupac Shakur, sorry. Also Oxxy's content seems very anti establisment anyway he criticised your terrible oligarchy loads in that battle, and shared lots of lefty and progressive sentiment 'ACAB' (all cops are bastards) for example as well as all his anti western stuff.

Secondly being antisemitic isn't progressive or anti-establishment it just makes you a xenophobe.

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X