Should Battle Rappers React?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Battle Rappers React?

Do you guys like when battlers show love to their opponents bars if they say something hot, or should they just do the stone face no matter what?

Ive heard alot of different opinions on this, some people think that battlers should not show any sort of reaction/emotion towards the other battler during a battle and some people like when battlers react if their opponent says somthin fire.

I personally like when a battler can admit when their opponent said somthin hot, It gives off a humbleness and i think can make the vibe of the battle better sometimes. But im not saying I like Danny Myers vs Nitty type of shit thats to excessive. But dont get me wrong, i also like the Guntitles vs NWX shit to, where its basically like dont touch me or theres gunna be problems.

But take Daylyt for example. Daylyt will always get the jazz face if his opponent says somthin fire lol

But then on the other hand u have someone like Bigg K for example, Idk if ive ever seen this dude react to anything his opponent ever said.

So my question is do u think battlers can/should react if their opponent says a hot line? Or do you think that they shouldnt give off any sort of reaction in a battle? Why? Also who do u think reacts the most to other peoples shit (Day etc.) and who do u think shows the least emotion in battles (Bigg K etc.) and is this an advantage/disadvantage or does it not matter either way?

Re: Should Battle Rappers React?

lol dougie bendel lurking. where you at ?

Comment

great question.

imo it depends on what your personality is as a person, and what reaction
      the moment dictates, and who your opponent is, what the context of the battle is.

there is no right or wrong way, it depends on what specific situation you are in

Comment

if its someone thats a homie and its a jokey environment, then you can react/ enjoy your opponents bars.

if its an actual grudge match maybe you should be more stoic /calm/ aggressive / and not react to good bars of your opponent.

Comment

Thats all true^

Comment

Battle rap is a fraternity. Everybody knows everybody. It ain't like the old days where the first time you ever saw a nigga is when he's standing on stage across from you.

Therefore if you stand there with the screw face while you're getting killed, you're just not keeping it real anymore. You know that shit was hot. Stop hating.

Comment

Originally posted by David Deas View Post
              Battle rap is a fraternity. Everybody knows everybody. It ain't like the old days where the first time you see a nigga is when he's standing on stage across from you.

Therefore if you stand there with the screw face while you're getting killed, you're just not keeping it real. You know that shit was hot. You're hating.
              Honestly man i agree with this 100. Its funny to me too when ppl standing behind a certain battler go fuckin bananas over some hot shit thier dude said, but then when the other battler says somthin just as fire they literally all look like someone shit in their wheaties lmao

Comment

Absolutely they should.

It's annoying as hell to see someone try not to react when you can literally tell by what THEY'RE spitting there is no way they don't think it's hot.

Great examples of people who show love

Nitty
                Ave (not enough imo, but it is what it is - he "nodded slightly" for the best line of the year lmaooo)
                Ill Will
                Daylyt
                B Magic (he also looks at the crowd crazy when they gas, too lmfao)

Comment

Originally posted by hippoCritical View Post
                  if its someone thats a homie and its a jokey environment, then you can react/ enjoy your opponents bars.

if its an actual grudge match maybe you should be more stoic /calm/ aggressive / and not react to good bars of your opponent.
                  This.

Comment

Originally posted by jdjohnson View Post
                    Absolutely they should.

It's annoying as hell to see someone try not to react when you can literally tell by what THEY'RE spitting there is no way they don't think it's hot.

Great examples of people who show love

Nitty
                    Ave (not enough imo, but it is what it is - he "nodded slightly" for the best line of the year lmaooo)
                    Ill Will
                    Daylyt
                    B Magic (he also looks at the crowd crazy when they gas, too lmfao)
                    ya all those ppl get the Jazz face for sure, who besides Bigg K shows no emotion ever? First person that comes to mind is Reepah Rell, in his Glue battle this dude didnt even smile once lol

Comment

Here's another question - should battlers frown/act negatively

Throw up their hands to a crowd like "Really? Y'all gonna cheer for that?"

Comment

No reaction. Neither positive nor negative.

Only the ones you can't help should be present.

Comment

Originally posted by jdjohnson View Post
                          Here's another question - should battlers frown/act negatively

Throw up their hands to a crowd like "Really? Y'all gonna cheer for that?"
                          Like when B Magic looks at the crowd all crazy when they gassin? ya i think that shit is fine, what i dont like is when ppl be talkin thru ppls rounds and shit

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic the Hedgehog View Post
                            No reaction. Neither positive nor negative.

Only the ones you can't help should be present.
                            Interesting.

I wonder who actually adheres to this.

JC seems to keep it pretty cool.

Comment

i love JCs demeanor when he battles,

just not when he does pop locking videos

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Unconfigured Ad Widget