Why's the reaction different for what Cal did to Pat and what Skelly did to Shotti P?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why's the reaction different for what Cal did to Pat and what Skelly did to Shotti P?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BSgTu7PtxA[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kF4peDhZZ4o[/ame]

When Cal put hands on Pat, people called Pat a pussy and gave Cal the W, but when Skelly put hands on Shotti P, people called Skelly a pussy and gave Shotti the W...

Similar situations. Completely different fan reactions. Is it a race thing? Is it the height difference?

Personally, I think it's corny to get physical with someone on cam, especially when they're out of town, in your country. Handle that shit outside the venue when the cameras are off. At the same time, in the fans' eyes, when someone gets physical with you in a battle and you don't react, you almost always automatically lose the battle regardless of who had the "hotter bars." So why's the fan reaction to these two incidents completely different?

Re: Why's the reaction different for what Cal did to Pat and what Skelly did to Shott

SMH

Completely different situations

Comment

Re: Why's the reaction different for what Cal did to Pat and what Skelly did to Shott

Cal did pat like that for marv....

Comment

Originally posted by H8Me View Post
        Didn't watch the smelly battle but this is why

Comment

Facts

And Skelly was just trying to overcompensate for losing

Comment

I'ma play devil's advocate.

I heard Cal's explanation. He said his mom has a disability so he felt some type of way about Pat's retarded brother angle in the Marv battle. The thing is, Pat never touched Marv. The only thing Pat did was say offensive things to his opponent in a rap battle. Suge said offensive things to Cal about Proof and Cal didn't get physical.

If Cal really felt some type of way about Pat's angle, why wouldn't he handle it off-cam or do you think his whole point was to make Pat look like a bitch on cam for the world to see?

Also, Cal gave his explanation well after the Cal/Pat battle dropped, but the fans reacted differently to these situations without knowing Cal's reasoning so my point still stands.

Comment

shotti p dont want none with the ultimate canadian gangster
              E Pluribus Unum
              1 9 0 4

Comment

Originally posted by Geraldino View Post

I heard Cal's explanation. He said his mom has a disability so he felt some type of way about Pat's retarded brother angle in the Marv battle. The thing is, Pat never touched Marv. The only thing Pat did was say offensive things to his opponent in a rap battle. Suge said offensive things to Cal about Proof and Cal didn't get physical.

If Cal really felt some type of way about Pat's angle, why wouldn't he handle it off-cam or do you think his whole point was to make Pat look like a bitch on cam for the world to see?

Also, Cal gave his explanation well after the Cal/Pat battle dropped, but the fans reacted differently to these situations without knowing Cal's reasoning so my point still stands.
                Marv and Pat had an agreement where Marv told him his brother was off-limits. Pat then proceeded to dedicate an entire round to it. I'm sure Marv wanted to get physical, if that was off limits for him, but he decided to finish the battle, making Marv look crazy.

And yes the whole point was to make Pat look like a bitch. Also, no one had out-bullied Pat before. He had been safe in Canada, given his size, and wasn't at home this time. That, plus what he did to Marv---Cal used it to his advantage, and wanted to punk him as much as he good IN the battle. Even in the battle, he makes sure his people don't get involved physically. It was purely to make Pat look like a bitch, like you said...If Cal really was mad at Pat like that, he wouldn't have even battled him.

Didn't even know about Cal's mom

Comment

Originally posted by jdporter View Post

Marv and Pat had an agreement where Marv told him his brother was off-limits. Pat then proceeded to dedicate an entire round to it. I'm sure Marv wanted to get physical, if that was off limits for him, but he decided to finish the battle, making Marv look crazy.

And yes the whole point was to make Pat look like a bitch. Also, no one had out-bullied Pat before. He had been safe in Canada, given his size, and wasn't at home this time. That, plus what he did to Marv---Cal used it to his advantage, and wanted to punk him as much as he good IN the battle. Even in the battle, he makes sure his people don't get involved physically. It was purely to make Pat look like a bitch, like you said...If Cal really was mad at Pat like that, he wouldn't have even battled him.

I agree. My thing is, the fans are reacting much differently to each scenario.

Also, let's say Skelly drops a blog and says, "I got physical with Shotti P because he's from Detroit, Quest was in his corner, etc., so this was my way of retaliating to what Cal did to Pat," do you think the fans would give Skelly props the same way they did with Cal and look at Shotti P like a bitch the same way they did with Pat?

Comment

Don't front cuz u at home

Basically

Comment

Also, let's say Skelly drops a blog and says, "I got physical with Shotti P because he's from Detroit, Quest was in his corner, etc., so this was my way of retaliating to what Cal did to Pat," do you think the fans would give Skelly props the same way they did with Cal and look at Shotti P like a bitch the same way they did with Pat?
                      Homie, they're reacting different because it's COMPLETELY different.

In one situation, one of the guys is salty at the fact that he is losing. This is evidenced by the fact that Skelly tries to talk through his rounds, and immediately resorts to being extra physical because he knows he is losing. He is basically using physicality as an attempt to get back into the battle.

Cal used bars. And he got physical for the fact that Pat got what's considered one of the most disrespectful rounds in battle rap history, and Cal is homies with Marv.

There's no payback involved with Skelly. Skelly doesn't run with Pat, there's no payback involved, it has nothing to do with some previous disrespect, etc....it's just a bitch who's mad he is losing. Clearly.

With Pat and Cal there wasn't some clear loser trying to climb back from losing by getting physical.

I can't explain it any further bruh

Comment

In one situation, one of the guys is salty at the fact that he is losing. This is evidenced by the fact that Skelly tries to talk through his rounds, and immediately resorts to being extra physical because he knows he is losing. He is basically using physicality as an attempt to get back into the battle.

Cal used bars. And he got physical for the fact that Pat got what's considered one of the most disrespectful rounds in battle rap history, and Cal is homies with Marv.

There's no payback involved with Skelly. Skelly doesn't run with Pat, there's no payback involved, it has nothing to do with some previous disrespect, etc....it's just a bitch who's mad he is losing. Clearly.

With Pat and Cal there wasn't some clear loser trying to climb back from losing by getting physical.

Actually, Skelly IS cool with Pat. You can see him behind Skelly in a few battles. Also, I forget which one exactly, but I think in Skelly vs Daylyt, one of Skelly's rounds sounds like Pat even ghostwrote it for him, but I can't prove that so that's neither here nor there.

As far as the losing angle goes, I agree with you, but at the same time, I don't think these scenarios are all that different. I'm pretty sure Cal was doing some talking during Pat's rounds and didn't get physical until after the 1st round the same way Skelly did with Shotti.

Comment

Actually, Skelly IS cool with Pat. You can see him behind Skelly in a few battles. Also, I forget which one exactly, but I think in Skelly vs Daylyt, one of Skelly's rounds sounds like Pat even ghostwrote it for him, but I can't prove that so that's neither here nor there.

As far as the losing angle goes, I agree with you, but at the same time, I don't think these scenarios are all that different. I'm pretty sure Cal was doing some talking during Pat's rounds and didn't get physical until after the 1st round the same way Skelly did with Shotti.
                          The talking was more because Cal seemed like he was drunk and high on pills, lol...he was doing a lot more of "that was cool", or "that was wack", but made it clear that he wasn't trying to talk through Pat's rounds...

Skelly was straight up like "who are your killers" and kept doing it even after being asked to chill by Organik...

If Skelly does an interview saying it was payback, I guess I would have to take him at his word, but to be honest the way it looked on camera to fans was that Skelly was losing at home and being a sore loser (i.e. being physical)

Also the Cal vs Pat thing was nowhere near what Skelly did. Skelly was clearly trying to punk him. Cal accidentally tipped Pat's head, and apologized for it. Skelly tried to punk him and didn't apologize.

Skelly looked like an ultimate bitch in my perspective. Cal looked like a guy who was clearly trying to get back for his homie since he knew Pat FINALLY wasn't at home, and trying to have a good battle. The only thing he did let know was that he wasn't going to be punked by Pat (grabbing his hands when Pat was getting into his "realistically let's fight" bars), but he wasn't trying to fuck up a good battle either. He knew there was tension that would make for a good battle.

Skelly seemed to deliberately, like a little brat, want to fuck up the battle because he wasn't doing well.

I hear you tho

Comment

Also something needs to be said that Pat had this bully persona that Cal wanted to fuck up. Shotti P doesn't have a persona or history of bullying like Pat does

Comment

Cal did it on cam to embarrass pat why do it off cam when the shit started on cam between marv and pat ...

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X