Mook vs Hollow - Battle Rap Chess

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mook vs Hollow - Battle Rap Chess

Mook and Hollow are really good at anticipating their opponents and using that against them. Often, these include antics mixed with their angles.

Hollow has examples of this in all of his recent battles.

-Fake dap to Hitman. And the switching shirts freestyle.

-"Tsu's Rendevous" make it rain (although it fell flat). And his swear to god to Tsu Surf in the 3rd round.

-"Look at me king" to Loaded Lux. He also had a prop prepared in the 3rd that he never got to use.

-Visual Punchline -"Get in my bag" and the rapping circles against Joe Budden. He also freestyled about the cigarette and fucked with Joe's hoody.

-Kit Kat set up against Clips and the copywritten slogan.

Mook has been known to do this as well.

-Skittles against Iron Solomon (although it was wack).

-"Take your hands off your hip and listen" - possibly premeditated freestyle against Loaded Lux in their rematch. Plus, the Busta Rhymes diss track.

-Keys from the coat freestyle- Mook successfully rebuttled Lux's failed antic when he freestyled getting some keys from his stolen jacket.

At this level of battle rap, they are playing chess when most play checkers.

I fully expect both of them to try and manipulate their opponent at some point in the match to get one over. The winner of the battle will most likely be whoever executes this better.

Re: Mook vs Hollow - Battle Rap Chess

Originally posted by Dhumble View Post
    Mook and Hollow are really good at anticipating their opponents and using that against them. Often, these include antics mixed with their angles.

Hollow has examples of this in all of his recent battles.

-Fake dap to Hitman. And the switching shirts freestyle.

-"Tsu's Rendevous" make it rain (although it fell flat). And his swear to god to Tsu Surf in the 3rd round.

-"Look at me king" to Loaded Lux. He also had a prop prepared in the 3rd that he never got to use.

-Visual Punchline -"Get in my bag" and the rapping circles against Joe Budden. He also freestyled about the cigarette and fucked with Joe's hoody.

-Kit Kat set up against Clips and the copywritten slogan.

Mook has been known to do this as well.

-Skittles against Iron Solomon (although it was wack).

-"Take your hands off your hip and listen" - possibly premeditated freestyle against Loaded Lux in their rematch. Plus, the Busta Rhymes diss track.

-Keys from the coat freestyle- Mook successfully rebuttled Lux's failed antic when he freestyled getting some keys from his stolen jacket.

At this level of battle rap, they are playing chess when most play checkers.

I fully expect both of them to try and manipulate their opponent at some point in the match to get one over. The winner of the battle will most likely be whoever executes this better.
    Well-said.

I sincerely doubt that it was premeditated when Mook said "take your hands off your hip...", it was too perfect in terms of timing.

They are both scary good when it comes to shit like this, easily the two most calculated battle rappers of all time....

But I have to edge to Hollow in this category. Why? The Clips battle.

For one, the Kit Kat scheme might be the most calculated, genius scheme in URL history. He took Clips' entire style and boiled it down to one scheme, that the crowd could literally predict. He then PREDICTED, that the crowd would predict it, and incorporated it. What's fucking INSANE is that Hollow said later in an interview that he gets into so many bags, and he wasn't even going to use that. You can tell he's actually telling the truth, because before he goes into his scheme, "I ain't saying your shit wack..." he had actually said something else before, then decided against it ("The aim gon change his...")

He is too intuitive when it comes to the crowd and switching things up.

This, isn't even mentioning the calculation required to copyright Clips' slogan, print up shirts of his slogan, and literally argue outside with the guy selling the shirts, ALL calculated for the battle.

To be honest, if Hollow had a stronger third round this had the potential to be a ridiculous body bag.

Finding a diss song and playing it is cool (and also very smart, considering Busta ended up being there)...but after seeing the Clips battle, I have to say Hollow. I also think that just because Mook took out some keys from a coat, you can't even compare rebuttal ability. At all.

Hollow is going to decisively beat Mook. The only sad fact of it is that there are fans of Mook that will swear up and down that he didn't lose (see Clips). I am not fronting on Mook, either.

This honestly has the potential to be the greatest battle of all time, by a long shot.

Comment

Nice thread OP

Comment

Mook is going to retire as the Goat and I'll be pissed but he's no fool. Mook knows he can beat Clips & Hollow and once he beat both nobody will be able to tell him shit! He'll never battle Cal, Surf, Ars or Verb because he know he has no chance in hell. Mook is a cerebral assassin

Comment

I don't...like...Mook beat lux and iron but the nigga doesn't have one bit of replay value in his rounds. I can't respect that being a fan of this shit.

Comment

Originally posted by DieSlow View Post
            I don't...like...Mook beat lux and iron but the nigga doesn't have one bit of replay value in his rounds. I can't respect that being a fan of this shit.
            Great point.

Mook has been having a very low replay value. Hollow's is high.

Not enough people consider this a factor - if they did, JC's status would be way higher than it is.

Comment

Hollow the GOAT.
              Close thead

Comment

ppl hype mook cuz he's a ''legend''

but in fact, he's trash

Comment

Thiss supposed to be a diss battle and niglets calling them opponents king

Thats weak as fuck
                  https://media.giphy.com/media/3oEdv5...HgUE/giphy.gif

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X