Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aye Verb: Legend or Overrated

Very simple....

I feel like there are two streams of opinion when it comes to aye verb. He's either trash and over rated or a legend who didn't fair hand. Let's get this shit settled right here and right now.
    Overrated
    18.75%
    Legend
    55.00%
    Somewhere in between
    26.25%

The poll is expired.

Re: Aye Verb: Legend or Overrated

Originally posted by walk with me View Post
    Very simple....

I feel like there are two streams of opinion when it comes to aye verb. He's either trash and over rated or a legend who didn't fair hand. Let's get this shit settled right here and right now.
    Midwest Legend... He's held on the same pedestal as Lux in the Midwest... Verb like 25-8 overall so he's definitely a legend

Comment

Verb is a Legend who is more known for his tears than bars now

Comment

Whether you think he's overrated or not, dude is a legend, ain't no getting around that

Comment

Originally posted by Forensic Tv View Post
          Midwest Legend... He's held on the same pedestal as Lux in the Midwest... Verb like 25-8 overall so he's definitely a legend

i'll never understand this separation. Like a "midwest" legend... nah... I'm talking about overall. Not just in a region. if that's the case then un kasa a harlem legend lol.... nobody care abotu that

Comment

you could be both
            KOTD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Comment

Originally posted by walk with me View Post

i'll never understand this separation. Like a "midwest" legend... nah... I'm talking about overall. Not just in a region. if that's the case then un kasa a harlem legend lol.... nobody care abotu that
              I say Midwest legend because he's still active but when it's all said and done he's definitely a legend in my book... Kasa a Harlem legend is a reach

Comment

overrated legend=mook
                underated legend=diz
                overrated pg=prep
                underated pg=chess
                KOTD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Comment

What kinda fuckery is this???

1. Better Resume then Lux and Mook.

2. 2 or 3 of the biggest/greatest top 10 quotables in battle rap history!!

3. Low-key...the reason for the WWE shit that battle rap has become.
                  With his blogs, insane interviews and early use of social media to talk crazy shit to his opponents/fans long b4 all the other battlers got hip and caught on.

4. Wont say he was the 'unquestionable' Leader of the Midwest Movement but he fired the 1st shot and repped that shit harder than anybody else til Calicoe + Big T + Hitman (and 4 years later BMagic) took the ball and ran with it.

Literally have no respect for anyone's opinion if they discredit or downplay his place in BR History.

Its the equivalent of some dumbass lil nigga claiming Migos the GOAT and never listened to Eric B+Rakim-P.E.-BDP-EPMD-ATCQ-etc...

Comment

Originally posted by RedTank Da Don View Post
                    overrated legend=mook
                    underated legend=diz
                    overrated pg=prep
                    underated pg=chess
                    Diz get no Respect from today's battle rap fans and mediocre Mook get all the praise. I remember going back n forth with Chris unbias about his view on Mook. Son said Mook is the 🐐 And don't have to travel to battle

Comment

Originally posted by blackonboth View Post

With his blogs, insane interviews and early use of social media to talk crazy shit to his opponents/fans long b4 all the other battlers got hip and caught on.

4. Wont say he was the 'unquestionable' Leader of the Midwest Movement but he fired the 1st shot and repped that shit harder than anybody else til Calicoe + Big T + Hitman (and 4 years later BMagic) took the ball and ran with it.

Literally have no respect for anyone's opinion if they discredit or downplay his place in BR History.

Its the equivalent of some dumbass lil nigga claiming Migos the GOAT and never listened to Eric B+Rakim-P.E.-BDP-EPMD-ATCQ-etc...
                      Mook is 5-5 on Cam and shouldn't be on anyone list of best ever

Comment

Originally posted by blackonboth View Post

Mook is 5-5 on Cam and shouldn't be on anyone list of best ever
                        Facts...

Another thing people fail to realize/appreciate is how many rookies and young killers Verb willingly stepped in the ring with.

Lux could've easily called out BMagic when he was on his killing spree (or Hitman/Daylyt/Roc/DNA/Suge/Surf during their biggest runs/win streaks) but tried to play it safe...which ironically still got him killed by Hollow + Mook (and garbage ass Clips).

Verb's a Legend and money whore just like Beloved and Fake ass battle rap Jordan "Harold Miner Mook", but he's never ducked battling a rookie cuz of his legend status or FEAR.

Comment

lol mook isn't one of the best ever? When did you faggot ass niggas start watching battle rap.... 3 years ago?

Comment

Verb is dope, but most of his diehard fans are fuccbois who are the real reason anyone dislikes Verb. As a battler, he's inconsistent as fuck, but he has a few legendary performances under his belt that will stand the test of time no matter how much he drops the ball nowadays.

Some of his fans will try to convince you that he's the sole reason battle rap exists in the Midwest. That's bullshit. People been battle rapping in the Midwest decades before Verb ever hit a stage. I actually heard one of his fuccboi fans on AFM the other day claiming that Verb is responsible for Battle Rap Radio because he was a good guest on Battle Rap Arena, and that's what supposedly made battle rap radio take off and spawned all these different shows. That's also bullshit. He was a funny guest along with Goodz, Bill Collector, etc., but Verb didn't invent the platform. He wasn't the first guest. He didn't start battle rap radio. Stop it.

I bring that up to show you how far some of his fans will reach to try to put him on a pedestal, probably so they can get a closer look at his nether regions, which brings me to my next point. A lot of these niggas love Verb so much because they're secretly attracted to him and he can do no wrong in their eyes as long as they still find him attractive. When Verb has a shitty performance, his fans are more mad about the fact that he changed his hairstyle or criticize the outfit he has on instead of the fact that he got his boots smoked.

At the end of the day, Verb deserves credit for having one of the greatest battles of all time with Hitman. He has an original style and you can credit him for putting STL on the map for the people around the world who weren't paying attention to STL battle leagues. And even though he lost a shitload of battles, he had a lot of goodies early in his career, and at least he was in the field fighting while a lot of other so called legends battled bums in their prime and then sat on the sidelines while everyone else went to war. He didn't start the Midwest/East rivalry either, but he added the most fuel to the fire and made battle rap a lot of fun to follow back then. Also, his blog game is A1.

I'd say he's overrated by his loyal fuccbois who try to rewrite history and make things up for the new fans who don't know any better, but Verb definitely deserves respect regardless of how hard he fell off over the last few years.

Comment

If you had to erase mook's top 5 battles or verb's who you choosing?

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X