Why do certain battlers get away with "bar thieving"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do certain battlers get away with "bar thieving"

First off, tay roc one of my favourite spitters out there....but the hypocrisy within the battle culture is just too much.
    Ppl call Jjdd thief, when u got battlers that thief even more than him and more blatantly, CLIPS, TAY ROC.
    Those two get away with it cause they fan favourites.
    Tay roc dont even change it up proper...he steals some bars verbatim...funny thing is he always steals bars his opponent had to stand in front of.
    All the C flips he had vs C3 he stole from 8R14 battle against Cee da boss.
    He had JJDD "j cole album u dont got no features " bar in there (jjdd vs mrwavy).
    -Coutures (vs jada raye) "transvestite/ trans-vest-tight" bar

"I will throw hands with this man, hit em with the left right.
    But if I pull out and go ham, I hope this Trans vest tight"

official manicure bar. Cant event quote all of em.

-He stole the emmit til bar from (danja zone vs ill will)
    -He stole the antonym and synonym/ aunt anem-sendin em from
    his dmv fellow tyranny (vs yaboyclip)
    "I kill your aunt anem when i sendin em...somethin somethin)

He always steals bars from battles where he was present, reacting going ham. Its to the point where i cant even listen to his material bruh i just watch his performance, cause i simply know where he got it from.

Oh got another one
    "Termite/term might offend you" chilla bar
    Man im out....

Re: Why do certain battlers get away with "bar thieving"

Chilla stole from the other guy, too. QP called him out on it...it was a "divine" scheme...I think guy's name was 58 names or something stupid like that.

The thing is this, as long as there are other hard-working battlers who come up with original shit, and have less than 10,000 views on their shit, certain battlers are going to think it's okay to mine those battles for content and "bring it to the mainstream battle rap shit"

QP in the same interview even openly admitting taking some other guy's shit and bigged him up

This is going to continue.

JJDD obviously does it WAY more blatantly than the rest of them. Clips did it against Danny (stole JC scheme).

It would be nice for it to always be unintentional, but there are some motherfuckers who will always think like "ah man I get millions of views...only 5,000 people saw this shit? I'm taking it"

It's when it's more blatant, and jacking from famous battles, that it gets obvious and annoying.

Comment

I don't think people really care about this at all, to be honest. When you're at an event, 95% of the people are drunk/high anyway. They're trying to have fun. People watch the battles on youtube to have fun. I think it's worthy to note when stuff like this happens, but it doesn't necessarily discredit that person's performance. Even though, yeah, it's technically "stealing"... I think the performing part is just way more important. You're watching their overall performances.

When you analyze it to the point that you're calling out people for copied lines, that's when people would start to consider you a nerd. And this board has a lot of those. But my point is, this is something that we could talk about ALL DAY on here, but in the real world, it doesn't matter. And nobody cares.

Comment

Originally posted by theskeep View Post
        I don't think people really care about this at all, to be honest. When you're at an event, 95% of the people are drunk/high anyway. They're trying to have fun. People watch the battles on youtube to have fun. I think it's worthy to note when stuff like this happens, but it doesn't necessarily discredit that person's performance. Even though, yeah, it's technically "stealing"... I think the performing part is just way more important. You're watching their overall performances.

When you analyze it to the point that you're calling out people for copied lines, that's when people would start to consider you a nerd. And this board has a lot of those. But my point is, this is something that we could talk about ALL DAY on here, but in the real world, it doesn't matter. And nobody cares.
        Regardless, it is fucked up to think that a battler is getting reaction off of someone else's hard work, man

Comment

Brizz say a lot of shit i've heard before I can't lie lol.

Comment

Originally posted by BORIS View Post
            Brizz say a lot of shit i've heard before I can't lie lol.
            Word?

Comment

Its cuz a lotta new so called fans are groupies and dickriders not fans...more like bandwagon niggas,ride with the wave of popularity then jump ship once everyone else does..if that makes sense

Comment

well mabye its a new thing to accept everything and just ignore the bs, but to me thats not hip hop at all fam.
                There is a difference between stealin and flippin. Plus i cant stand it when battlers obviously steal bars but then try to expose others for stealin. Chilla might steal ideas, schemes..but he usually expands them and puts his twist to em.
                Clips and roc tho, steal bars word for word....like they know nothing will happen

Comment

Originally posted by Axum View Post
                  well mabye its a new thing to accept everything and just ignore the bs, but to me thats not hip hop at all fam.
                  There is a difference between stealin and flippin. Plus i cant stand it when battlers obviously steal bars but then try to expose others for stealin. Chilla might steal ideas, schemes..but he usually expands them and puts his twist to em.
                  Clips and roc tho, steal bars word for word....like they know nothing will happen
                  I agree

Comment

Originally posted by Axum View Post
                    I think Clips and Roc got to a point where they have a core fan base, and have reached a certain status. Once a battler is there they get too comfortable and feel they can do whatever. I think that's what it's about, a lot of times.

Then again, JJDD is known for stealing, yet still is considered a top battler. It's just one of those weird things where he's been called out but he's also proven that he can perform and stand with the best of them, so you have to kind of accept that he's going to be around.

Comment

Way more than half of percieved bites just 2 writers on the same wave length.

I think everybody has wrote at least a few bars then watch a battle and someone says damn near the same damn thing.

The worst to me is the exact same shit, set up, delivery etc. Just changing the subject and predicate and acting like they made it and alot of people don't even recognize it because it can be comp!etely different shit but the meanings the same and the cadence being exact means they bit that shit imo

Rappers will flip grindtime style shit gangsta and vice versa and not just to be funny but to rip that shit off completely on the low.

Comment

thread sucks, bar content can be formatted differently and be a totally different bar all together. Not saying people don't rip bars, when they do it's because they didn't change the format enough, thus making it "obviously stolen". My argument for this is ever gun bar ever.

Comment

Originally posted by cpjohnson View Post

JJDD obviously does it WAY more blatantly than the rest of them.

i think this sums up your wall of crying

Comment

If it makes any of you guys feel better, all of the movies you go see in theaters are re-makes or just "copies" of comic books, old stories, shit like that. It's all just old ideas repackaged.

Comment

Diz stole and rehashed from previous opponents vs gjonaj yet his legion of dickriders seemed to "ignore" all of it.

Took word for word from Danny myers round 2 vs bigg k put his wings in the sky like the batman signal.

Calls gjonaj and his cousins cab drivers when dna originally called him a cabdriver.

Does a fake 2012 dizaster line vs gjonaj after arcane called diz the fake 2012 dizaster.

Jayblac said Diz bit his 4 giant shells coming at you.

Calls gjonaj cousin balki after locksmith already called diz cousin balki perfect stranger.

Did a bellhop line that Gjonaj already did.

Besides reading off his phone and being called out on it by solomon.

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X