Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Exceptionalism!!!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...n_4374075.html

According to the latest results of a comprehensive set of international exams released Tuesday, America's teens have remained mid-pack among their peers worldwide and utterly stagnant in reading, math and science over the last 10 years.

But as America's 15-year-olds failed to improve on the Programme for International Student Assessment and East Asian countries maintained their top slots, other countries not generally known for their academic prowess -- many of whom have diverse and poor populations -- have become breakout stars of a sort. Poland, Germany and Ireland showed tremendous growth, and Vietnam, which administered the exam for the first time in 2012, wound up among the top-performing countries, eclipsing the U.S. in math and science.

In fall 2012, the Organisation for Economic Co-Operation and Development tested 510,000 students between ages 15 and 16 in 65 economies, including 34 OECD countries -- a sample that OECD says represents 28 million students. Among those 34 countries, the U.S. performed slightly below average in math, scoring 481, and ranked 26 (though the report notes that due to measurement error, the ranking could range from 23 to 29.) Shanghai, Singapore, Hong Kong, Chinese Taipei, Korea and Japan came out on top, followed by such European countries as Liechtenstein, Switzerland, Netherlands, Estonia, Finland and Poland. Peru, Indonesia, Qatar, Colombia and Jordan came in last.

In reading, the U.S. performed around the OECD average of 496, ranking 17 (or between 14 and 20) with an average score of 498. Again, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan, Korea, Finland, Ireland, Taipei, Poland and Estonia came out on top, with Argentina, Albania, Kazakhstan, Qatar and Peru filling out the bottom.

The U.S. also came in around the OECD science average of 501, ranking 21 (between 17 and 25) with an average score of 497. Top scorers included Shanghai, Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan, Finland, Estonia, Korea, Vietnam, Poland and Canada. The lowest performers include Peru, Indonesia, Qatar, Albania and Tunisia.

America's Ignorance>>>>>

:
    Originally posted by StreetStar iSick
    you know what I think of when I hear the name Tyrone Houston?

White folks losin
    Originally posted by Craig
    i have no idea whats goin on

Re: American Exceptionalism!!!

Jada Pinkett Smith: Booty For DAYS! - YouTube

Originally posted by StreetStar iSick
    you know what I think of when I hear the name Tyrone Houston?

White folks losin
    Originally posted by Craig
    i have no idea whats goin on

Comment

Ha ha we been stupid

Comment

What u expect
        USA got all their tech from israelis
        USA never made shit but weapons and more laws

Comment

Lana Del Rey - American (lyrics) - YouTube
          ACAFD!

ALL CAPS ALL FUCKIN DAY!

Comment

The most honest three and a half minutes of television, EVER... - YouTube

Comment

Americans seemed smart when the rest of the world was living in huts
              Then all the brown ppl got computers
              Now we all see how dumb americans r

Comment

the greatest country in the world is scotland, everybody knows this
                http://i.imgur.com/Y62QXcu.png
                "An environment... perfect for a hustle. But many people are distracted by the puzzle."

Originally posted by Rich Homie Chaunce
                A certain mexican slut who wont be named has decided to fake the funk and lie to his internet friends for like the 10th time in recent months and turned his back on the league.

[MENTION=4289]Buff Freedom[/MENTION] plz respond u goofy bitch why u do this?!?!

Comment

"An environment... perfect for a hustle. But many people are distracted by the puzzle."

A certain mexican slut who wont be named has decided to fake the funk and lie to his internet friends for like the 10th time in recent months and turned his back on the league.

[MENTION=4289]Buff Freedom[/MENTION] plz respond u goofy bitch why u do this?!?!

Comment

Over 90% of our kids take those tests

Less than 50% of Asian kids take them

< hufflepuffs sig >

Comment

did any1 actually try in those 'Star' tests, or state test or w/e...if it didnt count towards my grade aside from the S.A.T. i honestly didnt give a fuck. i'd guess on all of them and not even read the questions and make patterns in the bubbles with my # 2 pencil - case & point, i think thats whats going on hair (here)

Comment

american high schools suck didick this has been known

Comment

I Used To Have An IQ Of 161 And I Am An American

Comment

were alll gonna be viral video youtube stars or athletes bro, who gives a fuck about educatinim

Comment

im gonna live forever or die trying

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X