Battle Rap vs Boxing - Judging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battle Rap vs Boxing - Judging

In the past I've seen some people judge battles similar to the way boxing bouts are scored, with a 10 point system.

Although I personally do not use this method, I see how the criteria can be comparable.

Here's how judging is supposed to be done in boxing:

1. Clean punching (power versus quantity).
    2. Effective aggressiveness.
    3. Ring generalship.
    4. Defense.

If you think about it, battle rap is pretty much the exact same thing. You can replace Defense with rebuttals and ring generalship with performance/crowd control. Found this to be pretty interesting.

Thoughts?

Re: Battle Rap vs Boxing - Judging

ur biting the knamelis 2.0 swag and its gay as fuck

Comment

what about pacquiao vs bradley?

Comment

comparing battle rap to boxing is pretty insulting for the boxers tbh

Comment

Originally posted by rushcity View Post
          ur biting the knamelis 2.0 swag and its gay as fuck
          I don't know who you are referring to nor am I going to try to find out. I never saw the comparison I posted, but I did mention I've seen people score battles this way. I was simply trying to see what peoples opinions on this system was. If you were to read thoroughly before posting, you'd know this. Thanks for the reply.

Originally posted by redtank11 View Post
          what about pacquiao vs bradley?
          No judging needed. Your point?

Originally posted by Hobo Goblin View Post
          comparing battle rap to boxing is pretty insulting for the boxers tbh
          I was comparing the scoring system. I don't know how that could be insulting to boxers and I've spoken to several of them who watch it and can see the resemblance if a scoring system was to be implemented.

Comment

You obviously don't know about boxing and judging...

Boxing judges often value ring control and aggressiveness over punches and some cases its the complete opposite and not all judges can know the power of a puncher or the damage of a punch.

supreme court judges base rulings on their views so i wonder how you got the conclusion that boxing judges were impartial

there is no clear way to judge and it based on the viewer

in boxing even an angle of view can change the whole match that is why there is 1 judge each side and there are still total bs decisions

your argument is a fail and let the people decide when its too close or let them rematch..as in boxing

Comment

Originally posted by otshityeah View Post
              You obviously don't know about boxing and judging...

Boxing judges often value ring control and aggressiveness over punches and some cases its the complete opposite and not all judges can know the power of a puncher or the damage of a punch.

supreme court judges base rulings on their views so i wonder how you got the conclusion that boxing judges were impartial

there is no clear way to judge and it based on the viewer

in boxing even an angle of view can change the whole match that is why there is 1 judge each side and there are still total bs decisions

your argument is a fail and let the people decide when its too close or let them rematch..as in boxing

I won't discredit any knowledge you may have on boxing since I don't know who you are or anything about you, but as far as mines goes, it's pretty thorough.

Here's how judging is supposed to be done in boxing:
              For most people associated with boxing (analyst, commentators, etc.), these are things that are supposed to be taken into account. Hence why there's so many incorrect boxing decisions. Not much else to point out.

By the way, I wasn't making an argument for this system, I even stated I didn't use it. I was just trying to see what people thought about it. Thanks for your input though.

Comment

NERD ALERT RAWRLY STILL GAY AS FUCK

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X