NFL- Weekly breakdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL- Weekly breakdown

This is where you can chat week to week about team or player predictions.
    Originally posted by Panda
    otbva is dead

Re: NFL- Weekly breakdown

With or without Vick, the Eagles will make it to the playoffs.

leggo
    Last edited by Dr. Ache; October 29, 2011, 02:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BenjaminShanklin View Post
      With or without Vick, the Eagles will make it to the playoffs.

leggo
      they've got enough talent but they basically have to play flawless from here on out to be a shoe in. I think it'll be tight but they should b there when the time comes.
      otbva is dead

Comment

If only SD and KC could both lose, id be so happy, but id be happy with the chargers and broncos losing..

Comment

Originally posted by Chaunce View Post
          If only SD and KC could both lose, id be so happy, but id be happy with the chargers and broncos losing..
          Im rolling out Tebow again this week I could care less if the Broncos lose but I'd like to see them at least put pts on the board.
          otbva is dead

Comment

Originally posted by 1NTHACHAMBER View Post
            Im rolling out Tebow again this week I could care less if the Broncos lose but I'd like to see them at least put pts on the board.
            if they dedicate an offense system to him they will destroy teams...

the thing is its hit or miss... he needs to get better at throwing the ball and reading defenses but hes not as bad as analyst says he is...

bill cowher said it best "i dont care how you do it, just win"
            Best Name Ever...
            OTBVA Senator Nominee Elective

Check out OTBVA official Pro-Hibition products and discussion at :
            Music, Video, Software Links

Originally posted by TanyaOh
            I hate this place

Comment

Tebow is weird. If you ask him to do what Manning and Brady do, he'll fail. He'll never be on that level when it comes to throwing. But the kid has a nack for winning games. The one thing ill say to improve his throwing is to shorten the motion, he was trying in training camp and for the draft workouts last year but hes reverted back to old Tebow. He brings the ball all the way down to his hip when hes winding up, like hes throwing a baseball, so hes easy to read and if hes ever getting backside pressure its almost an instant fumble. But if he can win doing what hes doing then bring in the pieces that will help him keep doing what hes doing. In the end you have to win, and hes pretty good at that.

Comment

Tebow is weird. If you ask him to do what Manning and Brady do, he'll fail. He'll never be on that level when it comes to throwing. But the kid has a nack for winning games. The one thing ill say to improve his throwing is to shorten the motion, he was trying in training camp and for the draft workouts last year but hes reverted back to old Tebow. He brings the ball all the way down to his hip when hes winding up, like hes throwing a baseball, so hes easy to read and if hes ever getting backside pressure its almost an instant fumble. But if he can win doing what hes doing then bring in the pieces that will help him keep doing what hes doing. In the end you have to win, and hes pretty good at that.
                Well, he has great footwork which is even more than you could say for Manning when he entered the league. Remember the knock against Vick always was his arm. He's found other ways to get things done. I think he'll be alright there's little pressure for him in Denver, I mean how much worse can they get? They're obviously willing to fix a problem when they see one ala Brandon Lloyd so he has the franchise backing him. Eventually he will round into a good-great QB probably not this yr but its hard to discredit his rushing yds/tds in most fantasy circles.
                otbva is dead

Comment

Well, he has great footwork which is even more than you could say for Manning when he entered the league. Remember the knock against Vick always was his arm. He's found other ways to get things done. I think he'll be alright there's little pressure for him in Denver, I mean how much worse can they get? They're obviously willing to fix a problem when they see one ala Brandon Lloyd so he has the franchise backing him. Eventually he will round into a good-great QB probably not this yr but its hard to discredit his rushing yds/tds in most fantasy circles.
                  Nah. The difference between Vick and Tebow is abit different. Theres one thing we've always known about Vick, and that hes fast as shit and could throw the fuck out of the football, the kid can spin it beautifully, hard and far. Tebow on the other hand has awful mechanics and throws weak duck passes when hes going deep or under pressure. Vick always throws powerful clean spirals. Both of them suffer from decision making and accuracy problems but Vick has always been and well always be considered a better passer.

And yea, the broncos getting rid of one of tebows best weapons is abit of a head scratcher hopefully they plan on getting a few weapons for tebow to use and a few more athletic guards and tackles that can pull out and help keep tebow protected.

Look at Carolina and what they are doing for Newton. They arnt asking him to be like anyone else, they've built the offense around what they know he can do, and its payed off. Newton is playing like a top 10-15 QB right now and its because he isnt being forced to do something he cant do yet. Denver should placate to Tebows strengths and not try to make him something he'll never be.

Comment

cam newton is top ten in fantasy... thats saying something for a rookie qp with only one victory
                    Best Name Ever...
                    OTBVA Senator Nominee Elective

Check out OTBVA official Pro-Hibition products and discussion at :
                    Music, Video, Software Links

Originally posted by TanyaOh
                    I hate this place

Comment

Nah. The difference between Vick and Tebow is abit different. Theres one thing we've always known about Vick, and that hes fast as shit and could throw the fuck out of the football, the kid can spin it beautifully, hard and far. Tebow on the other hand has awful mechanics and throws weak duck passes when hes going deep or under pressure. Vick always throws powerful clean spirals. Both of them suffer from decision making and accuracy problems but Vick has always been and well always be considered a better passer.

And yea, the broncos getting rid of one of tebows best weapons is abit of a head scratcher hopefully they plan on getting a few weapons for tebow to use and a few more athletic guards and tackles that can pull out and help keep tebow protected.

Look at Carolina and what they are doing for Newton. They arnt asking him to be like anyone else, they've built the offense around what they know he can do, and its payed off. Newton is playing like a top 10-15 QB right now and its because he isnt being forced to do something he cant do yet. Denver should placate to Tebows strengths and not try to make him something he'll never be.
                      When Vick first came into the league he was billed as a great runner not a great passer. Thats where the comparison with him and Tebow ends really. When we're talking about the differences between Cam Newton and Tebow, Carolina has a good core group of team players who understand how to play as a team. Denver has a bunch of selfish individuals who are more concerned about their individual stats than the overall team standing. I don't see any difference really between Cam Newton coming into his situation than Joe Flacco in his first yr. The core of vets is already there and if the QB can be half passable the team is going places. I think the ones who really laid the groundwork for that is Pitts with Ben.

If Denver could pick up Gates, maybe a V-Jack or Plax type of guy and like you said a little protection, Tebow and Cam Newton would be pretty much neck and neck right now. Denver has Eddie Royal and Eric Decker as their top receivers. Carolina has Steve Smith. Carolina has 2 backs who have been together for awhile now. They have a core veteran O line. All these things lend to why Newton is doing well.

Look at Washington, for the first 3-4 weeks it was ooooo Rex Grossman hes so fucking great ect ect ect. Where is he now? Mark my words Carolina is going to play a team who puts a little exposure to Cam Newton. I don't believe they've played so much to his strengths as he stepped into a situation at the right time, much like Grossman with Wash, or Kerry Collins with the titans a few years back, or Flacco with the ravens. Rodgers and GB is another great example. Does he come as far as he has as quickly without all those great team players surrounding him? I doubt it highly. I do agree with you Newton is playing great at the moment obviously I've claimed him where I could but honestly the bottom could fall out at any time with him if there were a significant injury to one of their mvp roleplayers.
                      otbva is dead

Comment

When Vick first came into the league he was billed as a great runner not a great passer. Thats where the comparison with him and Tebow ends really. When we're talking about the differences between Cam Newton and Tebow, Carolina has a good core group of team players who understand how to play as a team. Denver has a bunch of selfish individuals who are more concerned about their individual stats than the overall team standing. I don't see any difference really between Cam Newton coming into his situation than Joe Flacco in his first yr. The core of vets is already there and if the QB can be half passable the team is going places. I think the ones who really laid the groundwork for that is Pitts with Ben.

If Denver could pick up Gates, maybe a V-Jack or Plax type of guy and like you said a little protection, Tebow and Cam Newton would be pretty much neck and neck right now. Denver has Eddie Royal and Eric Decker as their top receivers. Carolina has Steve Smith. Carolina has 2 backs who have been together for awhile now. They have a core veteran O line. All these things lend to why Newton is doing well.

Look at Washington, for the first 3-4 weeks it was ooooo Rex Grossman hes so fucking great ect ect ect. Where is he now? Mark my words Carolina is going to play a team who puts a little exposure to Cam Newton. I don't believe they've played so much to his strengths as he stepped into a situation at the right time, much like Grossman with Wash, or Kerry Collins with the titans a few years back, or Flacco with the ravens. Rodgers and GB is another great example. Does he come as far as he has as quickly without all those great team players surrounding him? I doubt it highly. I do agree with you Newton is playing great at the moment obviously I've claimed him where I could but honestly the bottom could fall out at any time with him if there were a significant injury to one of their mvp roleplayers.
                        Cam newton and Steve smith literally make up for almost 70% of the offensive production of the Panthers this year. The panthers arnt that good of a team, horrible run defense and shabby tackling, virtually no running offense besides Cam, and their record proves that.

Cam Newton is a different and better athlete than Tebow in every way. He throws better, runs better, hes more "nfl ready" in terms of reading and reacting to defenses and making decisions, its usually the rest of his team thats letting Cam down.

Cam has 15 total TDs (8 passing, 7 rushing) and 2103 yards passing. The running backs combined only have 3 TDs. Steve smith has 3 touchdowns and 818 yards with Brandon Lefell being the 4th best receiver on the team with 230 yards and 2 touchdowns. Greg Olsen has 3 redzone TDs but thats what hes payed to do, the second leading receiver on the team is Jeremy Shocky with 291 yards. The runningbacks barely have 600 yards combined this year.

So i dont agree that Cam was put into a better situation or has a "good core" because the truth is they dont, its basically Cam running for his life and throwing deep to Steve Smith praying he out jumps the Dbs and makes the catch.

The Broncos arnt well off either but thats because of they way their team has been run the last 4 years. They've gotten rid of almost all their Offensive talent. Cutler, Marshall, Floyd, pieces to their Oline.
                        The Broncos when healthy have a top 15 defense and their offense has been dismantled and run into the ground.

Rex Grossman is a career backup QB, its Washingtons own fault or should i say Shannahans own fault for putting so much faith into him. They were setting themselves up to fail, they keep bringing in these backup Qbs thinking they can revive them in "their system" when its not gonna happen. Ever since Shannahan has gotten there they've done nothing but shop for free agents instead of building from the draft like they should of been doing, they had several opportunities to snag good, mold-able QBs to build off of the next 8 years yet they make decisions like signing Mcnabb and Grossman and Beck.. A team of washed up 30 year olds are gonna play like washed up 30 year olds regardless of what system they are in.

Talent is something your born with, Rodgers has talent from a young age hes proven against the odds he could make it. Rodgers and Manning and Brady are they types of players that make their teammates look better not the other way around.

Peyton Manning should be up for the MVP award this year and he hasnt even played a single snap, look at how the Colts perform with out him.

Yes everyone needs weapons and players around them to succeed but some players are just so damn good that it makes you think its the teammates when its really that one player..

lol @ my book i just wrote..

Comment

Peyton Manning should be up for the MVP award this year and he hasnt even played a single snap, look at how the Colts perform with out him.
                          I don't agree with this, Kerry Collins really fucked over the Colts, they should of started Painter right away. The offensive coordinator and Painter are completely off key, which is the main reason they have been struggling.

Put any decent QB in there and they would be a winning team right now, I'm not taking any credit away from Manning but theres no excuse for how badly the Colts have been playing. Its just bad management, its the same reason the Raiders not only ruined their season, they fucked over the franchise for years to come with stupid management decisions. (Paying Jamarcus Russell even after his holdout and trading 2 first round draft picks for a QB who is clearly past his prime and doesn't have the motivation to play like he did a decade ago) <-- Among other reasons of course

Comment

Originally posted by BenjaminShanklin View Post
                            I don't agree with this, Kerry Collins really fucked over the Colts, they should of started Painter right away. The offensive coordinator and Painter are completely off key, which is the main reason they have been struggling.

Put any decent QB in there and they would be a winning team right now, I'm not taking any credit away from Manning but theres no excuse for how badly the Colts have been playing. Its just bad management, its the same reason the Raiders not only ruined their season, they fucked over the franchise for years to come with stupid management decisions. (Paying Jamarcus Russell even after his holdout and trading 2 first round draft picks for a QB who is clearly past his prime and doesn't have the motivation to play like he did a decade ago) <-- Among other reasons of course
                            Kerry Collins was a good decision at the time, bringing in a trusted veteran over an unknown guy such as Painter whos never given them any reason to think that he could lead a team to success. Collins played good his last year in tennessee but he also had a good runningback and was sitting on his ass most of the offseason. But in hindsight it was probably a bad decision, but i doubt the results would be different regardless which one started tbh.

MVP= Most Valuable Player, Peyton ='s a guaranteed 10 wins every year, when healthy. Hes the type of player (like i mentioned) that makes his teammates better, hes only had one legitimate good offensive lineman ever and only 2 respectable WRs and 1 great tightend and a average defense at best, and hes still able to win. This would be true for teams like Greenbay or New England if they lost their QBs right now too.

Now about my Raiders..

Jamarcus was an awful decision, though he had the type of skill set with hard work could be molded into something great. but thats null and void because Jamarcus was a lazy selfish piece of shit. He had alot of off-field problems combined with his terrible work ethic which ended with him ultimately getting the boot.

The trade for Palmer was a emotional decision, and has yet to be seen if it was a good idea or not. He still can play but at what level is the question, he still has good arm strength and with the bye-week it should be the perfect opportunity to get acclimated with basically the same offense he ran when Jackson was in Cinncy. If Campbell wouldnt of gotten hurt we wouldnt be talking about this.

A healthy Raiders team is just as good as any team in the league, defensively were abit weak, but if eliminate big plays we can hang with the best of them..

Comment

Kerry Collins was a good decision at the time, bringing in a trusted veteran over an unknown guy such as Painter whos never given them any reason to think that he could lead a team to success. Collins played good his last year in tennessee but he also had a good runningback and was sitting on his ass most of the offseason. But in hindsight it was probably a bad decision, but i doubt the results would be different regardless which one started tbh.
                              No way, Collins is one of the worst starting QB's I ever seen even in his years with Titans. The way he plays is absolutely unacceptable, and Painter isn't just some "unknown guy." The only reason he is unknown is because Manning is perfect, Painter understands the offense better than Collins and has a better arm as well as his youth to back him. If I was running that organization I would of never picked up Collins and gave Painter the start and look for a cheaper, more efficient QB to back him.

Yeah I agree with the Raiders, I just wouldn't of made that mistake with Palmer. Even if he has a breakthrough year they will be hurting for the next few years.

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X