What makes a rap verse or line "hot","great", "good" or "amazing"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What makes a rap verse or line "hot","great", "good" or "amazing"?

We all say " ohh my god you heard "John Doe's" scheme, that shit was fire" or " John Doe's scheme was amazing" or " that was crazy" ( to generalize it), but what truly makes a rap line or verse for that matter that amazing, fire or whatever word you use to describe that you liked it. I would like to know what you guys think makes it that way and if you can give an example of what you mean.

Re: What makes a rap verse or line "hot","great", "good" or "amazing"?

if i listen to it and i think it's good no lie
    I am out of the closet gang

Dallas Realtor

Comment

mostly it depends on how they say it, even if the line is terrible, but they present it properly it will be ok,

when it comes to content, it has to be relavent, like trex line, "mook said for 10 k, hed battle a nigga thats ill, for 10k ill kill a nigga for real, someone's momma gonna cry before my son miss a meal" that was a ridiuclous line, he presented right, he didnt say it too fast, it was relvant, and creative

this is my last post, im at 888, good # to stop at
      If a picture is worth a thousand words, a gif is worth a million

Comment

as an example... when bender spit that Dr Robert Oppenheimer/Atomic Bomb Designer scheme...that shit had me like WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!

cuz not only was it 7 syllable scheme but it all made sense and was a direct attack on his opponent.

Comment

To be honest i never listened to BEnder like that, just like Charron, i mean i hear about them being top in KOTD but i just never checked them out. Can i know what battle your talking about [MENTION=2891]Morgz[/MENTION]?

Comment

Originally posted by Velocity View Post
            To be honest i never listened to BEnder like that, just like Charron, i mean i hear about them being top in KOTD but i just never checked them out. Can i know what battle your talking about [MENTION=2891]Morgz[/MENTION]?
            KOTD - Rap Battle - Kid Twist and poRICH vs Loe Pesci and Bender (Hosted By Iron Solomon) - YouTube

Comment

If when I hear it I think "that was good" usually I consider that a good line.
              Originally posted by Yukon Cornelius
              And I know a thing or two about being fucked in the ass
              Sell a home in Dallas, Texas

Comment

But why do you think that was good and how does it become good in your mind?

Comment

Overanalysis strips all good things of their allure
                  Originally posted by Yukon Cornelius
                  And I know a thing or two about being fucked in the ass
                  Sell a home in Dallas, Texas

Comment

Damn.......

Comment

Fuck if i know.

Comment

Originally posted by Carl
                        Originally posted by Morgz View Post
                        Originally posted by Velocity View Post
                        To be honest i never listened to BEnder like that, just like Charron, i mean i hear about them being top in KOTD but i just never checked them out. Can i know what battle your talking about @Morgz?
                        KOTD - Rap Battle - Kid Twist and poRICH vs Loe Pesci and Bender (Hosted By Iron Solomon) - YouTube

the guy behind Osa looks like the cyclist from Triplettes of Bellville
                        :d3:

Comment

stop being a fag about this m8
                          I am out of the closet gang

Dallas Realtor

Comment

no mercy, yeah i'm a drunk, the liquor hurts me, i'd pour some out for ya dead homies but i'm thirsty>>>

you need to grow some motherfucking balls and stop being scared haul up ya pants and learn to take a fucking loss like a MAN>>>

you sniff coke through the pen that you write with, so ya lines are just the story on pathetic your life is>>>

pretty much just be pat stay, i guess

Comment

I generally look for imagery/ clever formulations and slick rhyme patterns
                              Originally posted by Craig
                              "HIP HOP AINT DEAD IT LIVES IN THE NORTH,

"RAPPER TO MY LEFT INTRODUCE YOURSELF"

" watup its JACK SHIT *fart noise* "

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X