To unite all people with in our nations
      To extend our reach to the stars above
      James
      Surrender now or prepare to fight
      TeamROCKET

Comment

Re: I wecome Jobone iah

What's cracking my neekgas?

I've been popping in from time to time and I have to admit, I'm impressed with how the site is coming along.

I think the thing that has me the most flummoxed is how much people have gotten involved here. It's cool to see and at the same time has me wondering why people never really wanted to be as involved back on RM.

Well I guess I can figure out why, but it's crazy how much people's attitudes can change about it all if they have less of a feeling that there is some kind of "Big Brother" authority figure keeping an eye on you.

Comment

oppression is slavery's retarded cousin..

Comment

pause at the typo in the title

Comment

They doubted us breh

Comment

IAH people weren't as oppressed as they thought they were.

People have some issues with authority that they should probably sort out with themselves.

I mean it's weird how some people still bring up RM and the mods like they have some sort of control over their lives still. Especially, since the only mods that stuck around in BVA were Maple, Gwame, and Erik; mods who no one one here seems to have a big problem with. Judge, Cozy, Lala, and myself all stepped down. Serge stepped down from his super role. Extreme Venom either quit or got demodded, I don't know what happened because that was after I left.

And for how much people claimed to hate mods and seemed to hate authority figures and rules, it's was odd to see how many people wanted mod positions on RM. It seemed that more people wanted the positions for the same reasons they disliked others for having it.

I don't know why people would want to be mod unless they wanted power or to be known or had some sort of bigger aspirations. Especially, having known what I left, I can tell you the people that got modded up now was basically to do the lowly menial tasks and that's it.

You guys have this site now, I thought the whole point was so you don't have to think of all that. With how things have turned out, I think it was probably all for the best.

Comment

For the record, I only "wanted" to be mod cuz THE PEOPLE wanted me to be mod.

I am for the people.

I am the people.

Comment

tldr

Comment

Who cares, let's move on, enjoy your stay

Comment

Originally posted by My Name Is Bob View Post
                        For the record, I only "wanted" to be mod cuz THE PEOPLE wanted me to be mod.

I am for the people.

I am the people.
                        IAH it's not really that great of a position unless you want the things I mentioned. Even when I was a super, if you aren't abusing your power and trying to be fair, banning is more just another responsibility than much fun.

The only perk I really enjoyed were being able to see who made tags. Not that there weren't a few other perks that I was able to enjoy, but not anything that made dealing with the drama and bullshit and people hating you for little more reason than you being a mod worthwhile.

If you felt like the people were electing you for a position to represent them, I can tell you it wouldn't quite work like that. The most you'd be able to do is look the other way while people broke the rules or speak out in support for people but ask Gwame, Cozy, or Judge how worth it it is to stick your neck out for people that might not extend you the same courtesy.

You could have probably been a good mod and I doubt you'd get a lot of hate but it's definitely not how most people assume it to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Fanny Chmelar View Post
                          Who cares, let's move on, enjoy your stay
                          Word. Enough of the long posts from me on this forum. I'd rather keep it short and light-hearted anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by JOBone View Post
                            Word. Enough of the long posts from me on this forum. I'd rather keep it short and light-hearted anyways.

Comment

The best mods are the ones you don't notice imo. For what it's worth aside from your short novels I thought you were one of the better mods, you and Cozy did a good job for the most part. The other guys probably would've quit instantly if their names were green instead of blue, they wanted that status and any authority that went with it and eventually it became their downfall.

Dallas Home Buyer

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X