DIABOLIC vs TALIB KWELI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beef DIABOLIC vs TALIB KWELI

Talib Kweli - When 'White Fragility' Affects Rappers: The true tale of why Remedy and Diabolic need to have several seats
    https://medium.com/cuepoint/when-whi...s-d912e4ba0d8f

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xe3nHXTUyE8[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e6p9nC6Q3o[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUiJ47rNzTQ"]http://player.vimeo.com/video/176831733[/ame]
    DIABOLIC
    100.00%
    TALIB KWELI
    0.00%

Re: DIABOLIC vs TALIB KWELI

Good shit op.

Just read the whole thing. Rip RA, Diabolic and Remedy
    Originally posted by Chaunce;n3231571

Site gets fixed end of this week or next btw.

Comment

Cliffs?
      Who started it? Back story?

Don't feel like reading it.

Comment

Dope shit. Reflection Eternal's Train of Thought is one of my favorite albums ever so anything Kweli is appreciated on a board filled with trolls with too much glitter on their hand and not enough dick to maintain said glitter.

Comment

wow Remedy havent heard that name in ages
          he had that one super banging yet depressing joint about the Holocaust. P sure hes the 1st & only Jewish Wu-Affiliate
          let the 40 cal give 'em a perm

Comment

Originally posted by Kickback Bobby View Post
            wow Remedy havent heard that name in ages
            he had that one super banging yet depressing joint about the Holocaust. P sure hes the 1st & only Jewish Wu-Affiliate
            Word, I actually copped Remedy's 1st album back in the day because of that one joint he had on The Swarm. Unfortunately, that was also the best track on his album and the rest was kinda underwhelming. Never checked for him again.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose View Post
              Cliffs?
              Who started it? Back story?

Don't feel like reading it.
              Kinda hard to sum this up briefly, but I'll try to cover as much as possible. I'll start off by saying I fuck with all parties involved on the music tip so this was pretty weird to see them go at each other.

I don't really fuck with social media, but after their diss records dropped, I did a little research and my take is, Kweli seems like a real dickhead online. Immature, defensive, condescending and borderline racist. If people don't agree with him, he's quick to label them white devils, white supremacists, etc., even if they aren't white or the things they're saying aren't remotely racist. He twists words, intentionally takes partial quotes out of context, etc.

I respect the fact that Kweli parlayed his rap fame into a position where he can be an activist, a leader, and a voice of the people, but I doubt most people want him to be their voice because he's a bit too extreme and loves to get on his soapbox and rant. He seems intelligent and well read, but chooses to recite the things he's read as fact instead of using the things he's read in order to formulate his own opinions and theories. I hate people like that. To his credit, he doesn't block anyone and seems to love arguing with anybody and everybody. That's his right, so by all means. But for me, it's one of those situations where you fucked with someone's music SO HEAVY and kinda wish you never knew what they were like beyond their music because you start looking at them in a different light.

Anyway, Kweli made a few generalizations about white people on twitter and it must've rubbed Remedy the wrong way so Remedy tweeted to Kweli, "Peace - are you pro-black, racist or both?"

That's what pretty much started the whole thing. Kweli asked Remedy to provide proof that he's racist. Remedy never did. Diabolic eventually jumped in and told Kweli he needs to check himself. Kweli started calling Diabolic a bitch and a hoe. Diabolic told him to watch his mouth before he fucks him up. Apparently, Kweli lives in Cali nowadays. Poison Pen and Tek from Smif N Wessun went out there in an attempt to squash the beef because they fuck with both of them and didn't want this to escalate. Kweli refused to squash it. Instead, he wrote that article I posted, which is a good read and Kweli's take on the whole situation. I don't agree with everything he said, but I respect it. After that, he was kinda stalking Remedy online, trying to dig up dirt on him and implying Remedy's a white supremacist, Zionist, racist, etc. He found a video where RZA said Remedy stole a beat from him. It turns out that it wasn't a RZA beat. It was a Cilvaringz beat so Cilvaringz doesn't fuck with Remedy. Then Kweli posted that Diabolic had a KickStarter for a new album, raised about 13K, and after a year, still hasn't dropped the album. About a month after Kweli's article, Diabolic dropped the diss track above. Within a day, Kweli responded with his diss track.

Personally, I think Diabolic was wrong for getting involved in someone else's business, especially since he doesn't even know Remedy. Same goes for Remedy. Kweli has the right to tweet whatever he wants to tweet. If you don't agree with the things he says, you don't have to follow him. But then again, everyone has the right to respond if they feel like Kweli's generalizations about white people/rappers applies to them. R.A. The Rugged Man is cool with all 3 of them. At some point Remedy implied that Kweli should holla at R.A., a mutual friend, to see what's up. Kweli put R.A. in a weird situation where he wanted him to choose sides. R.A. dropped a youtube video explaining that he's not gonna choose sides. He explained that Kweli was someone who always showed love, and Remedy looked out for R.A. for as long as he's known him...free studio time, drugs, and whatever R.A. and his father needed when R.A.'s father was sick.

The majority of underground rappers and fans feel Diabolic bodied Kweli with the diss records and after a few listens and looking into the backstory, I gotta agree. Block McCloud made a post on facebook saying he feels sorry for Kweli when Diabolic runs up on him because Diabolic is really with the shits. I don't know if Kweli is, but it seems like he stays with the burner and that's why he doesn't give a fuck. Block went on to explain that Hip-Hop is one of the few things in the history of the world that has been able to successfully bring races together and that's why he thinks Kweli is fucked up for his stance and the way he views other races and their contributions to Hip-Hop.

I feel like this is getting longer than the actual article, so I'll stop here, but that's what I got out of everything. I'm surprised this isn't getting more media attention because it's a few weeks old and I just stumbled upon it yesterday. Anyway, hit me up if you want me to elaborate on anything.

Comment

[MENTION=16454]Geraldino[/MENTION]
                I appreciate the detailed backstory so I didn't have to go digging to see what this shit was all about.
                They're all gonna laugh at you!

Comment

Originally posted by TRIP 6 View Post
                  @Geraldino
                  I appreciate the detailed backstory so I didn't have to go digging to see what this shit was all about.
                  no problem

Comment

He's probably right but lmao at writing a 10 page essay 3 people will read to feel better about a few twitter exchanges.

Comment

so we're just gonna ignore the fact hat both tracks are absolutely ass?
                      Originally posted by Neon Eriko
                      we're like 5 wierdos from having a full season of reality tv here
                      Originally posted by nick216
                      Ill hit you with a powerful blast that will rip your stomach out of your ass

Comment

Originally posted by Geraldino View Post
                        I don't really fuck with social media, but after their diss records dropped, I did a little research and my take is, Kweli seems like a real dickhead online. Immature, defensive, condescending and borderline racist. If people don't agree with him, he's quick to label them white devils, white supremacists, etc., even if they aren't white or the things they're saying aren't remotely racist. He twists words, intentionally takes partial quotes out of context, etc.
                        I'm all for (black) rappers letting their voice heard the current (and past) matters and all it's consequences because they have a strong influence in the community and are (usually) well-informed, direct witnesses/victims and well-outspoken people, but I whole heartedly agree with this case. I've followed Talib for over two years now and he's literally out there every day having pointless arguments with people whom he's not going to convince or vice versa because he's a stubborn dude himself. Unfollowed because of this very negative, anti-white people, defensive approach.
                        Originally posted by Neon Eriko
                        we're like 5 wierdos from having a full season of reality tv here
                        Originally posted by nick216
                        Ill hit you with a powerful blast that will rip your stomach out of your ass

Comment

Diabolic track was meaner and obviously hurt his feelings.

Comment

Originally posted by skandalouz View Post
                            Originally posted by Geraldino View Post
                            I'm all for (black) rappers letting their voice heard the current (and past) matters and all it's consequences because they have a strong influence in the community and are (usually) well-informed, direct witnesses/victims and well-outspoken people, but I whole heartedly agree with this case. I've followed Talib for over two years now and he's literally out there every day having pointless arguments with people whom he's not going to convince or vice versa because he's a stubborn dude himself. Unfollowed because of this very negative, anti-white people, defensive approach.
                            Absolutely. I was disappointed reading his tweets. Dude argues like a child. He'll say all types of racist shit, and then fall back on the argument that it's impossible for a black person to be racist, and then condescendingly tells the person they're not smart enough to understand systemic racism. Or if someone implies he's racist, he'll be like, "How can I be racist you white devil, my manager's white?"...lol He should be smart enough to realize that "the man" or "the powers that be" would love nothing more than to have a black leader like him who's trying to create a racial divide and he's falling right into their hands, but he's got his head so far up his own ass, he can't see past race to see the bigger picture.

I always held Kweli in high regard. And as brilliant as I always thought Kanye was with production, I thought he was a clown as a person and I was surprised the two of them were close and worked together for as long as they have. Then I saw Kweli's interview with Don Lemon and realized Kweli and Kanye are more similar than I ever imagined.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4tsBSe840w[/ame]

Kweli had the opportunity to talk about serious issues on CNN and spent 5 out of 7 minutes throwing a tantrum because of his ego. Don't get me wrong, fuck Don Lemon, but he outsmarted Kweli by keeping his cool, avoiding a Nigga Moment, making Kweli look like a complete ass for being more concerned about the way he was initially greeted by Don instead of discussing the real issues in Ferguson. I commend him for being out there, but all that egocentric childish bullshit and his inability to have a civil intelligent discussion makes it impossible to take him seriously and that's the same way he acts on Twitter.

Comment

I added Remedy's diss track to OP

the youtube version is missing the beginning

I'm trying to include the full version from vimeo, but it's not working & I'm losing patience so anyone interested can find the full version there...the full version is better

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X