Symbol vs Memphis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Symbol vs Memphis

I'll go ahead and set this thread up before I type my bars, coz I know you want to get some sleep. I'll start typing now. Let the battle begin.
    Symbol
    50.00%
    Memphis
    50.00%

Re: Symbol vs Memphis

i'm a pm you my verse now and then you just make the official thread when you done

i'm bout to head to bed now
    Nu Wave Gang

https://soundcloud.com/c_bmn/mine
    https://soundcloud.com/nunami/party
    https://soundcloud.com/iamlegaxy/next-prod-by-rmurbeats
    https://soundcloud.com/ray_louis/lost-ft-legaxy

New Music Dropping Soon

Comment

Symbol Verse
      Nettlestings when I ryhme n flow, B... one touch leaf you hurtin,
      Bad relationship when you try n blow, geek... it just ain't workin,
      Think your scoring but nooo, freak...! A reverse Tyler Durden,
      Nigga you are boring and sooo sweet...! Like coke... without the bourban,

I'm punching crazy like Magic, tryna close the deal like a super surgeon,
      The new class of textcees like a dollar bill, look closely, it ain't hard to see Symbol's emerging,

See what's occurring? Counter hooks to ya spine, that's you gettin punched back to back,
      I'm using your profile to make a statement, that's a vistor message... no wait, a terrorist attack,

Double punches now, step off and step down, if not, step your game up or get stepped on like a key of smack,
      Somebody tell this nigga, "You gonna lose, Mem"-or-E will just spit that same old forgettable crap,

This'a wrap, ya'll know it, what I spit is da bomb, don't even try n trip n diss me,
      My flow past Memphis and beyond... call it the Mississippi,

But Mem better keep it rap, breddas, coz these birds got no feathers,
      Known to rock fellas, leave the future of Memphis bleak when I proceed to spark weapons,

Bullets'll tear though his inner ear membrane, when I take aim, just to bust, close range, a fuckin slug in Mem brain,
      Now his life ends, quite plain, Memphis getting replaced and defamed, it's like the Roman's invaded Ancient Egypt all over again.

Gat Dayme!
      Memphis' Verse
      Symbol never in your life will you get beat this bad,
      I hit you, then my nigga shoot you, in Memphis we call that a Tech-In Tag (Tekken Tag)
      Symbol even you know you not gon win. Am I lying
      It’s all fun in games till I rip your heart out ya chest like Egyptians and Mayans

Check my resume, I’m a beast boy when we robin clicks,
      Call me cyborg how I always got that metal across my hip,
      When we pull up, you better disappear like raven since you a bitch,
      But if symbol think he a star…….fire there aint no such thing as a hit or miss
      Pay attention how I bring terra (terror) kuz I just killed you on some Teen Titans shit

A lot of you 2013 niggas talk big but still need time to grow, Symbol flow is like reggie and mine is dro,
      He honestly think he gon beat me? that’s why I always let that choppa go,
      Nigga I got ye, no kanye you just gon be somebody that I use to know, (Gotye- Somebody)

Yall need yall best to come and stop me and I don’t care who you be,
      Kuz I got bodies on top of bodies but this aint World War Z

Comment

Nice work, Memphis. That was hard.

Comment

Damn dope shit y'all. This shit seem close to me. Memphis had much better flow to his verse, syms punches seemed liked they hit harder though, not alotta of multis on either side really but was a good showing y'all. Good luck
          ACAFD!

ALL CAPS ALL FUCKIN DAY!

Comment

Cheers, coat. If you don't mind, could you guys name who you voted for, in the thread please? I fucked up, not making the poll public, and I want to know who voted:)

Thanks

Comment

i like symbol more

Comment

I voted sym, on the basis his punches hit harder. If I had to criticize either I would tell sym to work on his flow a bit, I would tell memphis to work on settingn up his punchlines or make them harder hitting. And I would tell both to do more multis. Stay trill my niggas
                ACAFD!

ALL CAPS ALL FUCKIN DAY!

Comment

Originally posted by BORIS View Post
                  i like symbol more
                  Thanks, man, don't forget to vote on the poll aswell, though:)

Comment

Originally posted by symbol View Post
                    Nettlestings when I ryhme n flow, B... one touch leaf you hurtin,
                    Bad relationship when you try n blow, geek... it just ain't workin,
                    Think your scoring but nooo, freak...! A reverse Tyler Durden,
                    Nigga you are boring and sooo sweet...! Like coke... without the bourban,
                    Nettlestings was cool, Tyler Durden was okay. The other lines were a miss for me. I like the A, B, A, B in rhyming pattern.

I'm punching crazy like Magic, tryna close the deal like a super surgeon,
                    The new class of textcees like a dollar bill, look closely, it ain't hard to see Symbol's emerging,
                    I got the symbol on the dollar bill part but it didn't coordinate with the line before and there was no reflection to your opponent. Personally when I look at a battle, I prefer they kept it direct as possible. If you're going to spend more than a line on braggadocio, you gotta find a way to incorporate your opponent into the mix somehow. There wasn't anything in particular that was wrong with this, it's just a personal preference. Everyone has their own style.

See what's occurring? Counter hooks to ya spine, that's you gettin punched back to back,
                    I'm using your profile to make a statement, that's a vistor message... no wait, a terrorist attack,
                    You could've worded the first punch a little better but when you're punching every line on some Magic shit, you'll take some lumps on set ups because they have to be short. Solid two piece right here Symbol.

Double punches now, step off and step down, if not, step your game up or get stepped on like a key of smack,
                    Somebody tell this nigga, "You gonna lose, Mem"-or-E will just spit that same old forgettable crap,
                    Another good two punch combination. First line was decent, memory wordplay in the second with the finisher was excellent because you tied them together.

This'a wrap, ya'll know it, what I spit is da bomb, don't even try n trip n diss me,
                    My flow past Memphis and beyond... call it the Mississippi,
                    This is what I meant earlier when I was talking about bragging. In this set up, you were bigging yourself up but in the second bar, you used a comparison of yourself to insult Memphis. This is what the earlier bar lacked. Good punch right here.

But Mem better keep it rap, breddas, coz these birds got no feathers,
                    Known to rock fellas, leave the future of Memphis bleak when I proceed to spark weapons,
                    This wasn't bad but the Memphis Bleek/Your future is bleak line has been said before. I won't count it for you you or against you though the rhyming here was a little weak.

Bullets'll tear though his inner ear membrane, when I take aim, just to bust, close range, a fuckin slug in Mem brain,
                    Now his life ends, quite plain, Memphis getting replaced and defamed, it's like the Roman's invaded Ancient Egypt all over again.
                    Punch wasn't all there, good rhyming here but the closer was average.

Comment

Originally posted by Memphis
                      Symbol never in your life will you get beat this bad,
                      I hit you, then my nigga shoot you, in Memphis we call that a Tech-In Tag (Tekken Tag)
                      WOOOO. That was a fucking haymaker right there. When I read it, I made the "I just ate a mouthful of wasabi" mean mugging a bitch nigga flaring nostril face.
                      Symbol even you know you not gon win. Am I lying
                      It’s all fun in games till I rip your heart out ya chest like Egyptians and Mayans
                      Had potential but it didn't correlate with the set up. This was okay.

Pay attention how I bring terra (terror) kuz I just killed you on some Teen Titans shit
                      Great idea for a scheme, it was put together well. If you rhymed better and you were able to play with Raven's name like the others, it would've been over the top. Not bad though.

A lot of you 2013 niggas talk big but still need time to grow, Symbol flow is like reggie and mine is dro,
                      He honestly think he gon beat me? that’s why I always let that choppa go,
                      Nigga I got ye, no kanye you just gon be somebody that I use to know, (Gotye- Somebody)
                      This fell flat for me because it wasn't executed properly. The lines leading up to the punch were all over the place. The wordplay in the final line seemed out of place. Not sure if you know this but Gotye is pronounced "Goh-tee-yay phonetically. If said aloud it doesn't work, I know this is a text battle but it was forced imo.

Yall need yall best to come and stop me and I don’t care who you be,
                      Kuz I got bodies on top of bodies but this aint World War Z
                      A fair closer.

This was a great battle. Overall I'd give it a 84/100. Line of the battle was Tech in tag/Tekken tag by a landslide, followed up by Mem or E/Forgettable crap with, Missippi coming in 3rd place. Symbol came with good rhyming and back to back punches (literally). Memphis came with Haymakers and good scheming. This was the closest battle I've judged thus far and I counted it up four times and the scores kept coming up as tied. I edged it to Memphis on the last second just for being more versatile by scheming and having LOTB. There was no clear winner in this battle. I wouldn't be mad at someone deciding their vote by flipping a coin. I almost had to. Great battle from both of you. OTBVA 3-0.

Comment

^thought the same

Comment

Always appreciate the breakdown Origin, thanks, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by symbol View Post
                            Nice work, Memphis. That was hard.
                            Good shit the nicest bars i read against me in awhile
                            Nu Wave Gang

New Music Dropping Soon

Comment

[quote=Origin;1070476]
                              Originally posted by Memphis
                              Great idea for a scheme, it was put together well. If you rhymed better and you were able to play with Raven's name like the others, it would've been over the top. Not bad though.

Raven, i was having a hard time with between her and fucking starfire i was get irritated but I'm good with the results

I might work on it to make it better so i can use it in a battle
                              Nu Wave Gang

New Music Dropping Soon

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X