• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UFC 210: Cormier vs Johnson 2

Dennis blown the fuck out.

Comment

damn didnt realize anyone made a thread lol

what a fucked up night for those main events. card overall was entertaining but that legal knee was the weirdest call ive ever seen in sports. such a bad stoppage unless weidman was going for NC saying he couldnt continue before the fact, but even still then I thought NY refs dont have replay so doesnt the original call have to stand?

i dont get it but whats done is done.
      Originally posted by Eriko
      you dont have a sig

Comment

also feel really bad for rumble after what his coaches did at the end of the fight, probably the saddest i got for someone after watching them lose bc of that
        you dont have a sig

Comment

i dont think they purposefully dipped out on him. They made their way out the ring like they always do after the call and probably started to the back expecting rumble to be right behind an not do that big ol send off.

prolly just poor communication, was kinda sad tho..

Comment

who doesnt stay for pictures and to walk their fighter out tho? i thought they all did

plus i read this transcript of rumbles corner so they must been super frusterated

Round 1
            Voice: Take your time. Nice. Take your time. Don’t take him down.

Hooft: Don’t wrestle him.

Voice: If you’re going to go, go single.

Hooft: You don’t have to wrestle him, AJ. Just relax.

Voice: Don’t wrestle him.

Hooft: Get out of there. Get out of there.

Grappling coach Neil Melanson: OK, stud. Now, let’s get your hands hot.

Voice: Why is he wrestling him?

Hooft: This is stupid.

Voice: Why is he wrestling him?

Hooft: (Expletive) it, man. Just get off the cage.

Voice: Get out of there.

Voice: Why isn’t he listening?

(Johnson and Cormier are broken up by referee John McCarthy, and Johnson lands kicks.)

Voice: He’s tired already, DC. He doesn’t need to do this.

Voice: Why isn’t he listening?

Hooft: I don’t know why he’s doing that. We have no (expletive) eyes.

Break between Round 1 and Round 2
            Hooft: Can you tell me why you’re wrestling? Now, you’re not going to wrestle. You take your distance. Stay away, two steps away. Why are you so worried about everything? The kicks and the knees are really good, but no kicks. Where’s your hands?

Voice: You’re doing great. Don’t (expletive) wrestle him.

Hooft: If you stand your distance, it’s an easy game. Why make it difficult?

Round 2
            Hooft: Movement. Athletic. Movement. That’s it. Take your distance.

(Johnson reverses against the cage and goes for another takedown)

Hooft: You need distance.

Hooft: I’m not saying nothing.

(Cormier has Johnson on the mat and is setting up a choke)

Hooft: It’s going the same as last time.

(Johnson submits to Cormier via rear-naked choke)

Hooft: Why, why the (expletive) does this happen every (expletive) time, man? Crazy.
            you dont have a sig

Comment

Originally posted by Potijelli View Post
              who doesnt stay for pictures and to walk their fighter out tho? i thought they all did
              ya if you win the fight, usually the opposing squad immediately heads toward the back while Joe interviews the winner. Rarely do they interview both.

Imo i dont think rumble discussed with the gang hed be sayin hes done in the ring, they probably thought hed make the announcement after the fight at the presser or a ffew days from now.

If its true they left him in the dust thats fucked up forsure.

Thinking back on the fight its weird as fuck. Rumble clearly gave up, he was practically layin on his side like Diaz during the Silva fight not doing a damn thing. Yet when they were standing he was actually fucking up DC no problem.

Its like he was letting DC know " i could fuck you up and finish you but imma let you hold the belt since im callin it a career regardless after this".

Comment

fair enough that could be how they see it.

i feel like it was the exact same fight as the first time tho Rumble just cant hang with DC's pace and then he gave up
                you dont have a sig

Comment

Ya i might be trippin not giving DC the credit he deserves. Rumble kicked him full blast in the face, shin to nose and it didnt even wobble DC.

Comment

The prime of his career he retires
                    And his reasoning is "I found something else to do cause there's nothing cool about rolling around with guys on a mat all day."

If I was his training camp I'd be mad too
                    Let's be real, they may have walked out of the cage but Rumble walked out on THEM and basically threw the fight knowing winning would've been detrimental to his retirement
                    The 40 dumping off'a Kurbz side
                    ...This is for my dead homies!!!...

Comment

while theyre all pals and what not its still a business though. Rumble pays all them guys for their time, if he doesnt wanna listen to them while in the cage thats his prerogative. They got plenty of other fighters to worry about even after rumble calls it a career.

I lowkey refuse to believe theyd do him dirty like that

Comment

Also

Weidman: that was an illegal knee
                        Joe Rogan: no, it was a legal knee, look at the replay he lifted you up so your hand wasn't touching which is the technique you're supposed to use when delivering knees from this position, totally legal
                        Weidman: Well, I guess you're right, I don't know what to say

LOL

Comment

There shouldn't even be a rematch in that fight
                          Clearly Weidman was trying to play it off as if that "illegal knee" did so much damage he needed 5 minute breather... you know what that's called... a KO... lol

They'll give him the rematch but in my eyes that's what he gets for crying wolf

Comment

rumble is a fucking idiot literally nothing more to it

i firmly believe he gave up and gave up the choke

mousassi got the W which is the right call in a bad set of circumstances

Ive since known since rome sins drove the syndromes of the unknowns craft

Leave my sig in church (signature) so they know its mine, opening up brains (branes) with string theory changing space and time

Comment

And I'm kinda late to discussion
                              But both those straw weight bitches weren't ugly at all
                              Had a hard time keeping my dick soft watching how dominate the ground game was

Ya heard

Comment

weidman was given 5 min to rest after "illegal knee" then when the doctors where checking him out he started walking all limpy and shit

but as soon as they said mousassi was getting the tko he started acting like he never got hit with the knee

idk if he was lookin for a DQ but he was def soaking up as much time as he could to rest up

Ive since known since rome sins drove the syndromes of the unknowns craft

Leave my sig in church (signature) so they know its mine, opening up brains (branes) with string theory changing space and time

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X