Colin Cowherd: McGregor vs Mayweather going down in September!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Colin Cowherd: McGregor vs Mayweather going down in September!!

only way this is happening is that the UFC has to be the promotion where the fight will take place, imagine a boxing match inside of a cage lolololol other than that Dana most likely wouldnt approve mcgregor fighting another place.

Comment

Floyd doesn't need it, he wanted the Ricky Hatton fight too. Did he need it? No. It's an easy fight for him, break Marciano's record, little to no risk, get paid. He doesn't need it. He could take another nobody and still make more than Conor has made his entire career.

Comment

Told you 3 threads ago this was gonna happen.

Floyd does need Conor if he wants a 100 million dollar payday (even a Canelo rematch...the biggest boxing match available to him wont be a guaranteed 9 figures)....just like Conor needs Floyd to actually make more than the 10 million in table scraps (his highest UFC payday) that Dana gives him for 1 fight.

And Dana and UFC needs this fight to happen cuz their ratings have plateau'd and their 2 biggest PPV draws both lost in embarrassing fashion (Rousey + Conor) and the next 3 biggest names they have Jon Jones, Demetrious 'Mighty Mouse' Johnson and I guess either Cormier or Velasquez arent huge fan favorites and rarely do big time PPV numbers.

A Conor +UFC vs Floyd fight will do at least 4 million ppv sales just on the hype/spectacle alone.

Tons of money made, huge publicity for McGregor + UFC = win win. Dont know where Coward got Sept other then thats Mex independence weekend that Floyd usually fought...I keep hearing New Years Day/week for the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ekelon View Post
          Originally posted by Moose View Post
          How does Floyd need Conor?

I hate Floyd, but that's a fucking joke. The guy who is scared to defend his belt, the guy who got the fuck beat out of him and strangled his last fight, a guy that ducked the rematch, the guy that hasn't got a quarter of Mayweathers purse per fight, needs the fight less than the guy who has been on top of boxing for the last how many years?
          Talk that shit!

Conor is a joke and Mayweather is looking to fight anyone not named GGG or Canelo
          I agree Mayweather wants nothing to do with Triple G but no way is he scared of Canelo.
          Check the puzzle, does it fit
          I am alpha & omega
          And on the seventh day i rise
          Past the pangs of my resistance

Comment

Dead at still seeing these Mayweather vs Connor Mcgregor threads..
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blackonboth View Post

Floyd does need Conor if he wants a 100 million dollar payday (even a Canelo rematch...the biggest boxing match available to him wont be a guaranteed 9 figures)....just like Conor needs Floyd to actually make more than the 10 million in table scraps (his highest UFC payday) that Dana gives him for 1 fight.

And Dana and UFC needs this fight to happen cuz their ratings have plateau'd and their 2 biggest PPV draws both lost in embarrassing fashion (Rousey + Conor) and the next 3 biggest names they have Jon Jones, Demetrious 'Mighty Mouse' Johnson and I guess either Cormier or Velasquez arent huge fan favorites and rarely do big time PPV numbers.

A Conor +UFC vs Floyd fight will do at least 4 million ppv sales just on the hype/spectacle alone.

Tons of money made, huge publicity for McGregor + UFC = win win. Dont know where Coward got Sept other then thats Mex independence weekend that Floyd usually fought...I keep hearing New Years Day/week for the fight.
              At least 4M PPV Sales?

Comment

wack..... canelo vs GGG lets goo

Comment

Originally posted by Real Badman View Post

At least 4M PPV Sales?

lol mcgregor's last fight was over 4m ppv sales.... it would be a whole lot more lol

Comment

How is mcgregor still alive

Ive since known since rome sins drove the syndromes of the unknowns craft

Leave my sig in church (signature) so they know its mine, opening up brains (branes) with string theory changing space and time

Comment

Originally posted by danmcfart View Post
                      Originally posted by Real Badman View Post

At least 4M PPV Sales?

lol mcgregor's last fight was over 4m ppv sales.... it would be a whole lot more lol
                      UFC President Dana White recently announced that the event earned 1.5 million PPV buys, which is almost as big as UFC 100, which is record for the most PPV buys that a UFC event has done.

Let grown folks talk lil boy...go outside to play.

Mayweather Pac did 4.5 Million PPV sales
                      May vs De La Hoya did 2.5 Million sales
                      May vs Canelo 2.3 Million
                      UFC 100 Brock vs Mir sold 1.6 Million which is the record for UFC PPV

Comment

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxLJhdtf7kM"]Conor McGregor Discusses Floyd Mayweather Jr Wants 100 Million! - YouTube[/ame]

Guess MvGregor doesnt know how serious Floyd is about drug testing, foo must be lacing his 4 Leaf Clovers to think this will ever happen.

Comment

best thing about that interview where he lists the reasons hes better than floyd, the thing he didnt say tho "im faster" because even though floyd got 10 years on him hes still 5xs as fast.

Mcgregor during that weak ass sparring session last week was getting beat to the punch in almost every exchange by that boxer.

Either way i think the heaviest Mayweather has ever fought at is 155 and i doubt thats where hed fight Conner so Conner gonna have to cut to atleast 150 to fight Mayweather, losing 20-25 pounds of water wont make him that much faster to hang in there with Mayweather. If Conner cares about his "legacy" he wont do that fight but if he cares about the money then hed be stupid not too.

Floyd dont need Conner, but Conner would def bring in the most money for him.

Comment

i need to see mcgregor lose again in the ufc

if he fights floyd ill nuke his country

Ive since known since rome sins drove the syndromes of the unknowns craft

Leave my sig in church (signature) so they know its mine, opening up brains (branes) with string theory changing space and time

Comment

Originally posted by billybobjoe View Post

He knows whatever fight he takes next he's going to lose. That's why he's trying everything to avoid any of the fights he has lined up. Edgar or Aldo, Diaz or Dos Anjos. He loses.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose View Post
                                Originally posted by billybobjoe View Post

He knows whatever fight he takes next he's going to lose. That's why he's trying everything to avoid any of the fights he has lined up. Edgar or Aldo, Diaz or Dos Anjos. He loses.
                                Wont agree or disagree about him losing his next fight...but this is a pure money move for McGregor.

At 10 Mill his last fight he's 1 of the highest paid fighters in UFC history...

Canelo just made 30 Mill to knockout Amir Khan though...

Conor's career might be over in 3 UFC fights...especially if he loses. And his money gets shorter and shorter with every loss.

He wants a REAL payday...not Dana White's chump change.

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X