ADRIEN BRONER VS ASHLEY THEOPHANE (FRIDAY - FREE TV)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ADRIEN BRONER VS ASHLEY THEOPHANE (FRIDAY - FREE TV)

^^That's the only name he mentioned who people asking to see the rest of em I'm looking at like
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by young vic View Post
      Bruh the only weight class that has been poppin in boxing the last 10 years is welterweight and middleweight. That's facts. These guys you're watching don't hold any weight in boxing. Nobody is checking for them
      Nah chill, your personal opinion is that welter & middle are the divisions that have been poppin the last 10 yrs.

Boxing is an international sport, so if someones not poppin on your block does not mean millions of people aren't checking for them.
      Check the puzzle, does it fit
      I am alpha & omega
      And on the seventh day i rise
      Past the pangs of my resistance

Comment

Originally posted by jerzcity View Post
        Originally posted by young vic View Post
        Bruh the only weight class that has been poppin in boxing the last 10 years is welterweight and middleweight. That's facts. These guys you're watching don't hold any weight in boxing. Nobody is checking for them
        Nah chill, your personal opinion is that welter & middle are the divisions that have been poppin the last 10 yrs.

Boxing is an international sport, so if someones not poppin on your block does not mean millions of people aren't checking for them.
        Mayweather - welterweight
        Miguel Cotto - welterweight
        Manny Pacquiaio - welterweight
        Andre Berto - welterweight
        Robert guerrero - welterweight
        Danny garcia - welterweight
        Shane Mosley - welterweight
        De la hoya - welterweight/middleweight
        Andre Ward - middleweight
        Bernard hopkins - middleweight/light heavyweight
        Paul Williams - middleweight
        Sergio Martinez - middleweight
        Winky Wright - middleweight
        Jermain Taylor - middleweight
        Amir Khan - welterweight
        Keith Thurman - welterweight

Should I keep going or do I rest my case? and that's just the last 10 years I haven't even talked about the greats from even further back. Now compare the names you're watching to these names and tell me that you're still entertained
        sigpic

Comment

oh and ofcourse can't forget GGG. As for the rest of those dudes...nahhh
          sigpic

Comment

Do another list with active boxers
            I am alpha & omega

Comment

That was my whole point..the amount of active boxers today holding it down for the sport isn't like it was a few years back. Only boxers I like watching right now are Terrence Crawford, Andre Ward, GGG, Yuriokis Gamboa, Pacquiao, Keith Thurman, and like maybe 1 or 2 more people. Kovalev is alright but hasn't really been tested in my eyes. He beat an old ass washed up Hopkins and beat a dude who couldn't beat an old ass washed up Hopkins (Jean Pascal lol)
              sigpic

Comment

Which isn't his fault that's just how empty the heavyweight divisions are atm
                sigpic

Comment

My point is if you dont follow boxing, all divisions, than how can you say 168 is not poppin when Froch-Degale 2 was staged in front of 60k+ ppl?

You ever seen Roman Gonzalez? Roman Martinez? Naoya Inoue?

Boxing is a big sport, be open minded.
                  I am alpha & omega

Comment

Btw in the past 10 years, Hopkins/Ward were not competing at middleweight. Im assuming you made a mistake & said Kovalev was at heavy, but Kovalev outboxed Hopkins & the division is not dead. Heres some names, Ward, Beterbiev, Fonfara, & ofcourse Stevenson.
                    I am alpha & omega

Comment

Ok I can see why we can't get on the same page. The thing is I don't watch boxers that don't fight in the US. Call me bias but the US is pretty much the URL when it comes to boxing because the best fighters in the world fight here. You watch these guys that fight in other countries and that's cool but I honestly don't have time for that and they will never really make a name for themselves until they prove themselves fighting here. That's just facts
                      sigpic

Comment

Thats what i thought, & i understand cause boxing aint poppin here in USA. Check highlights of those guys i named, especially Provodnikov.

Also, if they dont make it big in USA dont mean anything. Check Klitchkos' numbers for examples.
                        I am alpha & omega

Comment

You're right if they don't make it big in USA it ain't the end of the world i'm just saying they will never be regarded as one of the greats. I'm glad you mentioned the Klitchkos cuz they're a perfect example. Those guys have dominated the heavyweight division for years but again, the majority of their fights have been outside the US which is why they don't get talked about as much. One of Vitalis only losses came from Lennox Lewis who is regarded as one of the all time greats in the heavyweight division. If the Klitchkos were in that era when that division had some real animals they would get destroyed
                          sigpic

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X