General UFC/MMA discussion, news, updates, etc.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: General UFC/MMA discussion, news, updates, etc.

Originally posted by Dennis Rader View Post
    Originally posted by Moose View Post
    Originally posted by Moose View Post
    185 is going to be too much for Hendricks. He needs to lean out outside of camp. Trying to cut major amounts of weight getting older doesn't work. The weightcuts wrestlers go though takes a toll on your body, he's done it for a long time.

Now his body is refusing to do it and unless he can cut fat all together and stay within 15 pounds (my opinion) of 170 (walk around), he'll need to retire.
    IIRC
    Hendricks was offered the chance to train at AKA but he didnt want to move his wife and kids. His wife also pushed him to open up a steak house which flopped too.....Simply his heart isnt in fighting anymore, he should retire if he loses this next one. Plus the newer generation is just that much better than hendrick's old fashion style
    I agree. I heard his steakhouse had the worst customer service ever. Oddly enough I heard the same thing as Chael's pizza place. I don't know if it's still open. I'd definitely go.

Anyway, yeah. If he doesn't win he should retire or get serious again, that's really his only options. Let's be honest, he's not going to get a belt at 185, even if he can beat Hector. It doesn't make sense to stay in it getting fucked up for essentially nothing, even more so if your heart isn't in it.

Edit: Also being on the wrong side of some key decisions is another factor that would lead to not caring.
    Hendricks still a dangerous fight for anyone in the top 10-5 in any division, his problem other than weight is that he has not grown as a fighter which is problematic when people figure out your style (ex: cro cop)
    Not at 170. 185 is a tough road. Hendricks vs Weidman would have been interesting. Unless he gets jacked for 185 and not just eats more because he doesn't have to cut as much weight.he will struggle and likely get out muscled.

Comment

Holly Holm has filed an appeal.

Smh. She's done and she knows it.

Comment

lmao brunson filed an appeal too.

holly will probably get the rematch tho even if the appeal doesnt go through GDR is running scared of cyborg even if her exemption comes through
        Originally posted by Eriko
        you dont have a sig

Comment

options for gsp (sources say only superfights/title fights): This is for his first fight back, because he sign a mulit fight deal, it will be smart for him to pick a "for sure" win fight.

Most likely be Bisping because not only has both parties agreed to the bout, Bisping is willing to push Romero to the side for GSP and Bisping recently said his ideal retirement plan was to beat GSP then Romero then call it quits.

WW title: only if Wonderboy isnt champ because they were training partners and plus GSP said in the past he doesn't want to fight people in his camp.

UFC is most likely gonna pay GSP millions to fight so they need somebody to match up with him economically.

Lawler surprisingly isn't a draw plus hes dangerous, I don't see GSP taking this fight. Same goes with Anderson Silva, sure it has the star power but man this fight is way too late to be good.

Diaz is asking for large amount of money which might be a costly gamble to see if Diaz still has the star power (mainly because of his inactivity plus first fight was lackluster)

Mcgregor(lol) makes a lot of sense money wise, I would like to see this but its gonna fuck up the LW division even more.
          we already know diaz aint got the star power

diaz vs silva when silva was still a big draw did like 500k ppv buys

bisping most likely choice for him but diaz might still happen

Ive since known since rome sins drove the syndromes of the unknowns craft

Leave my sig in church (signature) so they know its mine, opening up brains (branes) with string theory changing space and time

Comment

Originally posted by Potijelli View Post
            lmao brunson filed an appeal too.

holly will probably get the rematch tho even if the appeal doesnt go through GDR is running scared of cyborg even if her exemption comes through
            i forgot were i saw it but GDR said in the past that cyborg hits harder than anyone shes ever fought before

thats quite the statement coming from a maui thai champion

she def shook af from even being near cyborg let alone fighting her

Leave my sig in church (signature) so they know its mine, opening up brains (branes) with string theory changing space and time

Comment

and how smart is it of the ufc to make a 145 division with 3 people in it, one being injured, the other on suspension from usada, and the other coming off like 4 straight losses

Comment

Well, Cyborg is a man.

Comment

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVFtCj_-5lU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVFtCj_-5lU[/ame]

Comment

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GYUskqDpbI"]UFC 209: Extended Preview - YouTube[/ame]

im so fucking hype

khabib: im going to break his arm

tony: you think breaking my arms gonna stop me?!?

i dunno i i said this yet but im so fucking hype
                    you dont have a sig

Comment

tony the ugly fuck fergoson

vs

khabib the #1 bullshit nurmgalknonsjnfnkdsajfnsa

Comment

Idk how to imbed tweets but Paul Harris is like 265 now lmao

Check out [MENTION=16131]Sal[/MENTION]tedcrypts's Tweet: https://twitter.com/saltedcrypts/sta...229138432?s=09

Comment

Fedor fights Saturday :O
                          Pride forever #1

Comment

lmao @ paul harris=palhares

i guess its jucin season but in his defence he has always been a bull
                            you dont have a sig

Comment

I like him because he was poor af like the most poor you can be and all about Jesus and breaking people's legs.

Saw a story where he got the first birthday cake of his life at his 32nd birthday and cried.

Like old Vitor. Something intriguing about "I love you Jesus! I love you mama" after trying to destroy someone

Comment

tony loss to the guy khabib wrecked. let that sink in
                                :emmittcrying: RIP DUNK & ILLA
                                Originally posted by EllC
                                no fucks given, thats a real nigga
                                "my nigga that round was cool, but yo bitch still ugly as hell my nigga"--hollow

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X