General UFC/MMA discussion, news, updates, etc.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: General UFC/MMA discussion, news, updates, etc.

woodly literally just got the belt and wasnt willing to fight wonderboy, till ufc spanked him back into place

the last thing the ufc should become is boxing, and thats where i see them going more and more tbh

Ive since known since rome sins drove the syndromes of the unknowns craft

Leave my sig in church (signature) so they know its mine, opening up brains (branes) with string theory changing space and time

Comment

Originally posted by billybobjoe View Post
      interim belt = garunteed title shot

interm belt is basically the second champion
      except the last two interim belts that were given still havent been unified.

Jonny bones was stripped so that belt was meaningless.

Jose aldo got an interim that is now undisputed without having fought since, but thats only gonna last for like a week before they give out another interim title

they use the belts for marketing and that why they mean so little
      Originally posted by Eriko
      you dont have a sig

Comment

woodly literally just got the belt and wasnt willing to fight wonderboy, till ufc spanked him back into place

the last thing the ufc should become is boxing, and thats where i see them going more and more tbh
        lmao thats so true, and now woodly is still scured of wonderboy and doesnt want the rematch
        you dont have a sig

Comment

That's the fans fault then, not the fighter.

As a fighter one bad punch can end your career and a lot of these dudes have nothing else to fall back on. So of course they have to chase the money. That's a huge reason Conor gets these chances because he brings a paycheck, and him picking you as an opponent is a payday for you. Conor puts asses in seats, whether that's to see him win or to see him lose you're still buying that ticket.

You can't knock these guys for wanting to get a paycheck, instead ask why the other better fighters aren't drawing a crowd.

Same exact reason they hype the Conor/Mayweather shit, because it brings in money. Floyd wants money, Conor wants money, UFC wants money, boxing wants to revive the cesspool it has become, everyone involved wins who cares about the outcome of the match. Even Conor die hards don't truly expect him to walk into Mayweather's domain and dethrone him.

Conor has gotten a lot of people that grew bored of the UFC interested again (myself included). To me though a big thing that is constantly getting overlooked is execution. If you put all the "deserving" chatter aside, Conor has performed. He didn't deserve Aldo? Okay fine, but he knocked him clean out. Obviously he was up for the challenge. Didn't deserve RDA? Cool, RDA got worked by a guy that Conor made look absolutely silly. If Conor defends the belt and gets mopped, good, keep shit moving and he can't fight back up for it or do whatever Conor does.

Shit people didn't think Dillashaw had a shot before either and that he wasn't ready to step to the plate and look at what he's done even in the Cruz fight. Guys like Conor and Wonderboy bring excitement and different styles, let the guys bang until they fall.

Comment

weidman got kneed 3 times in this sequence :O

fuck yoel romeros cheating ass making weidman knee himself and then knee him in the back of the head. shoulda been a dq win for chris

you dont have a sig

Comment

Having dudes hold the belt for 10 years is boring as fuck. I don't think they should just say "times up" and take the belt, but they can't just keep feeding them the same style fighter. Might as well throw someone else on a hot streak with a different style in there and see what happens.

Frankie poses more of a threat to Conor than he does to Aldo. If I were Frankie I'd cheer on Conor knowing I can get the belt through him much easier than I could get it through Aldo. Same thing at LW, Alvarez stylistically poses a bigger threat to the other fighters at that weight than Conor does. Path of least resistance.

Comment

not sure what the arguments are since i aint reading them paragraphs but

if your saying it gets boring seeing a dominant champion fight the same people that isnt tru, any/every dominant champion has to, and has cleared his division basically

gsp, silva, jones, aldo, if a guy cant break into a the top 7 he doesnt deserve a title shot imo

Leave my sig in church (signature) so they know its mine, opening up brains (branes) with string theory changing space and time

Comment

dominant champions = money and more popularity

unless ur name is mighty fag

Comment

i got my money on the tuf winner with a rd 1 ko

Comment

Disagree

Comment

i got my money on the tuf winner with a rd 1 ko
                        *spoilers*
                        lmao p sure tim elliot wins and he is 0-3 in his last 3 ufc fights losing to the likes of Joseph benividez. He got his flyweight title in his promotion after coming off a 3 fight loss streak bc he was a "UFC fighter" .

unless the odds are 100:1 there aint a dime to be made on that fight
                        you dont have a sig

Comment

Originally posted by Potijelli View Post
                          interim belt = garunteed title shot

interm belt is basically the second champion
                          except the last two interim belts that were given still havent been unified.

Jonny bones was stripped so that belt was meaningless.

Jose aldo got an interim that is now undisputed without having fought since, but thats only gonna last for like a week before they give out another interim title

they use the belts for marketing and that why they mean so little
                          i agree they shouldnt hand out interms like they been doing

all the fuckery reallky started when they sold the company tbh

all about the ppv numbers now

Comment

i get a special tingle that tells me mighty mouse aint winning

Comment

gonna have an even bigger tingle in your asshole if you put any kinda real money on the fight against the GOD mighty mouse
                              you dont have a sig

Comment

Tim is going to murk mighty fag.

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X