General UFC/MMA discussion, news, updates, etc.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: General UFC/MMA discussion, news, updates, etc.

Originally posted by Moose View Post
    Lmao. Just like Nunes wanting to fight Rousey & not wanting to fight Valentina or Pena.

I didn't even know that.

So that adds another one to the list of new champions who suddenly start sounding like pussies and start trying to choose their opponent

UFC should just drop all the belts, have anybody fight anybody and book Mcgregor vs Hologram Muhammed Ali on the moon for UFC 300

Comment

Originally posted by Real Badman View Post
      Lmao. Just like Nunes wanting to fight Rousey & not wanting to fight Valentina or Pena.

I didn't even know that.

So that adds another one to the list of new champions who suddenly start sounding like pussies and start trying to choose their opponent

UFC should just drop all the belts, have anybody fight anybody and book Mcgregor vs Hologram Muhammed Ali on the moon for UFC 300
      Pretty much, she said she "wasn't impressed" and they don't deserve shots or some shit. That they need to fight each other instead of getting a title shit. Lol

They need to quit letting the champions pick, fight whoever the fuck they say and stfu. imo.

Comment

at least eddie alvaraz was taking shots saying that he wants an easy fight like mcgregor or gsp. hes gotta know hes getting khabib nahimagonnaripurheadof
        Originally posted by Eriko
        you dont have a sig

Comment

no 201 thread?
          :emmittcrying: RIP DUNK & ILLA
          Originally posted by EllC
          no fucks given, thats a real nigga
          "my nigga that round was cool, but yo bitch still ugly as hell my nigga"--hollow

Comment

Random thoughts:

I believe we had entered a new era of champ behavior

so far two freshly new champs (LW, WW) had expressed interest in hand picking fights against non contenders (favorably $$$$ fights). I believe these champs know that on any given day they could lose their belts to legit contenders which is why they are trying to make as much money as possible before losing the belt.

If this continues, the belts will lose it's value and be viewed more as a bargaining chip.
            For ex, McGregor, love the guy but by not defending the belt has completely lost a majority of the title's value.

Comment

So we can finally put some respeck on Silva's, GSP's, JJ's and Aldo's names (and DJ)

Winning and keeping a title for long is hard because of things like lack of motivation, having the most footage out and being forced to face and deal with all fighting styles at the highest level.

As for choosing money fights those guys keep forgetting that Mcgregor gets special treatment that does not apply to them

Dana and CM have such a special relationship (north south position sucking each other off) they were going to let him fight Diaz, then RDA, then Lawler before defending his belt

Any other fighter trying that would get a stern Fuck Outta Here from Dana with the quickness

Comment

Yeah, fuck all the bullshit hand picking fights. Fuck Woodley, Wonderboy deserves the shot off the bat. Fuck McNugget defend the belt or get the belt stripped. Fuck Eddie Alverez, fight Khabib or get the belt stripped. Fuck Nunes, fight Pena or Valentina or get the belt stripped.
                Fuck Daniel "I'm not rewarding Jon Jones" Cormier if Jones does come back fight him or get the belt stripped. Fuck Bisping, fight Weidman or Jacare, I'm not mad at the Hendo fight too much, but be stripped.

None of this champions pick the fights. Fight the #1 contender or gtfo.

Comment

Yeah I am still kind of pissed off about the Hendo title shot but if he really intends to retire win or lose and keeps his word I will accept that this one time

I wonder which direction the new owners will lean in regarding title shots under their regime

Comment

GSP vs Woodley might be going down! lets goo
                    http://cdn0.sbnation.com/assets/3337...RAW_medium.jpg

Comment

and lets be real, GSP is basically #1 contender since he never lost the shit, so wonderboy can be sidelined for the gawd to step in.

Comment

GSP vs Woodley isn't going down, let's be real here.

He wanted to come back for a "superfight" Woodley definitely doesn't fit that.

Lmao.

Wonderboy is going to wreck Woodley then maybe GSP will return to try and avenge Rory.

Comment

Unless they give GSP millions more than he's ever been paid, then he'd do it for an easy fight.

Comment

Agreed that Woodley wont get a superfight, because he isnt "Super."

Only WW superfights i see with GSP would be a rematch against Nick or Lawler, between those 3 would be considered a superfight. Woodley just came back after a year and won in quick fashion against Lawler, which surprisingly nobody cared. Lawler still has huge draw among the hardcore fans.

I just find it funny that Woodley when he was sidelined was preaching about giving title shots to people who deserve it (Hinting himself as the one that deserves it) but is now ducking Wonderboy lololol contradicting motherfucker.

Comment

I'm tryna see Carwin vs Hunt

Comment

GSP vs Woodley isn't going down, let's be real here.

He wanted to come back for a "superfight" Woodley definitely doesn't fit that.

Lmao.

Wonderboy is going to wreck Woodley then maybe GSP will return to try and avenge Rory.
                                gsp said he's interested in woodley apparently , we'll see what happens.

one month gsp's coming back, then dana says hes never coming back, now this.

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X