Heated Content: 3 Prospects Per Position You Should Know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Heated Content: 3 Prospects Per Position You Should Know

This thread will breakdown 3 prospects for every position you should keep an eye out for in the upcoming draft, some you may have heard of and others possibly not.

Quarterbacks:

Paxton Lynch (Memphis): Imo from what ive seen Lynch is the best QB in this years draft class. He has: prototypical size of 6'6 230lbs, can make all the throws an NFL QB needs to make, has some of the better footwork ive seen in some of the QB prospects this year, and for a guy his size hes actually pretty athletic when it comes to running. One thing ill say about him is he has great touch and accuracy on his deep balls and has a knack for throwing his WRs open and putting the ball where they can only get it. Lynch should be the 1st QB taken imo he has all the tools and room to grow.

Carson Wentz (NDSU): Wentz is an intriguing prospect from an FCS school with a similar frame to Lynch (both being 6'6 230 range) but the two are clearly different on tape. Wentz seems to have a slightly better arm than Lynch when it comes to drilling a ball into a tight space but his erratic footwork and unwillingness to stand and deliver in the pocket shows on occasion. But when he does get outta the pocket hes a playmaker with his feet, he'll put up one of the better 40 times for QBs in this years combine. He forsure has the skills and potential to be a 1st round QB not sure if he will be though.

Christian Hackenberg (PSU): Hackenberg has been told since he was 15 he was gonna be the #1 pick in the draft when the time came. Sadly that wont be the case, but i wanted to speak on his potential to develop in the NFL. Hackenberg has all the arm talent you need to be successful in the NFL, he can throw with touch and with zip. He was absolutely mauled his 3 years in Penn St with easily some of the worst oline squads to even suit up and had no real chance to show what he could do. At times Hackenberg has showed poor attitude and a reluctance to be humble but i think he just needs a scenery change to take the next step in his development. Hes gonna be a later round pick and will need to sit for a year or 2 but i think he has the skills to be a possible starter or atleast solid backup in the league.

Running Backs:

Derrick Henry (Alabama): I wanted to speak on Henry because there alot of chatter about his talent and how he'll transition to the league. For his size, Henry is a gifted athlete hes 6'3 240lbs, but i dont wanna crown him the next great thing just because he dominates smaller guys constantly. Alot of people are comparing him to Brandon Jacobs or Eddie Lacy in style and thats fairly on point tbh, i doubt Henry runs under a 4.6 40 in the combine, its clear hes a power runner. That being said hes not gonna have the success you may expect for a heisman winner in todays NFL. Alot like Trent Richardson, Henry has had the benefit of one of the best Olines in college his entire career and when you automatically are gifted 4 yards per run play just by the lanes your Oline creates its not hard to imagine Henry getting a full head of steam and knocking over LBs and Secondary players half his size. Henry is a natural runner with solid hands and blocking ability but for being the power back hes supposed to be often goes down on initial contact and struggles to make plays when keyed in on by defenses. Imo he could probably make a transition to TE but he wont and he will be taken relatively high in the draft based of his pedigree.

Kenneth Dixon (LATech): Dixon is fun to watch, while i dont think he'll have the track speed to put up an amazing 40, its clear with pads on in the heat of the moment he'll be one of the fastest runningbacks in this years class. Hes got a magical 2nd gear and when he gets the opening he needs 9/10 times hes gone. And hes not your typical speed back hes more than willing to draw contact and get his yards by any means. Like most backs transitioning into the league hes gonna need to work on his blocking but shows real promise in the passing game with his soft hands and ability to find the open spaces. Hes 5'11 210lbs and i have trouble comparing him to anyone, Ahmad Bradshaw comes to mind with his true dual purpose playmaking ability. Dixon is probably the most NFL ready runningback in the draft this year.

Paul Perkins (UCLA): I like Perkins, his style of running is entertaining and he embarrasses alot of defenders. While he does have above average speed and can take a ball to the house if given he lane, his best qualities are his agility/quickness and vision. He played in a spread offense in UCLA so he relied on his eyes alot and rarely picked the wrong hole. The best part though his watching him cut and juke 2-3 defenders per play on his way to 10+ yard gains. Hes no slouch in the passing game either and like i eluded to earlier when he does get the ball in open field he can make a play and do something with it. I dont think hes an everydown back but he forsure brings value to an offense and possibly as a punt returner too.

Wide Receivers:

Tyler Boyd (Pitt): Boyd does what hes supposed to do, and thats catch a football. Hes probably sporting some of the strongest hands in the class this year. He goes up and catches the ball at the highpoint like they teach you from the time youre in peewee and he plays with toughness after the catch. He not gonna run a great 40, hes your standard possession receiver but that doesnt mean hes slow. Hes got solid quickness and nice feet control. If i compared him to anyone it would be Larry Fitzgerald, Boyd will be someone you can count on to make clutch catches and extend the chains on 3rd down and a solid complementary piece on a team that can be a #1 receiver.

Laquon Treadwell (Miss): Treadwell probably one of the more well rounded WR in the draft class this year. He has solid size at 6'3 and athletically can do it all: Solid jumping ability, ability to make defenders miss in the open field, speed to get separation and take the ball to the house. The thing i liked the most about him though was how tough he plays, he doesnt mind drawing contact or fighting for a ball and will go over the middle of the field to make a play in traffic. Alot of people compare him to Calvin Johnson, i wouldnt say that but he forsure is talented enough to be a #1 WR for a team and a core piece to build around.

Corey Coleman (Baylor): Coleman mightve been in a flashy high flying passing offense but without a doubt the kid has legit talent. Coleman is one of the most well polished deep threats in this years class, hes gonna run a solid 4.4 40 and impress people with his measurables. Hes not a one trick pony either, he has legit hands and playmaking ability for someone 5'11 190lbs. Hes scrappy and willing to fight for the ball when its in the air and not afraid of contact. He reminds me of Steve Smith if i had to compare him to someone and no doubt will be producing immediately for whatever team snags him.

Offensive Lineman:

Ronnie Stanley (ND): Stanley is easily the best finesse pass blocker in this years class, and last years, and possibly the year before that. 6'5 320lbs Stanley has the size you need to hang in there in the NFL. Athletically hes very gifted when it comes to his footwork and overall length and ability to give defenders hard times of getting past him. Hes gonna be a starting LT for someone in the Top 10 of the draft this year.

Laremy Tunsil (Miss): Tunsil is on par with Stanley in talent level though they play the game abit differently. Tunsil is 6'5 310lbs but explosive and plays the LT position with power and toughness. Imo Tunsil could play any position along the line in the NFL which probably makes him a better prospect than Stanley. Either way you look at it Tunsil will most likely be joining Stanley in the Top 10, question is does he go before or after Stanley.

Cody Whitehair (KSU): Whitehair has emerged this year as one of the better Olineman in the class. He played LT at KSU but most scouts see him transitioning inside to Guard due to his frame and length. Hes a solid 6'3 310lbs known for his aggressive mauling style and strong hands. He might sneak into the 1st round of this years draft since most teams seem to pick off the best Olineman and pass rushers early.

Pass Rushing Ends:

Shaq Lawson (Clemson): Everyone knows Bosa is the best DE in the game right now so im going to talk about some of the other guys. Lawson has decent size at 6'3 270lbs and plays with a crafty toughness. Athletically hes above average and has a solid first burst but he generally wins against lineman with his techniques and well timed moves. Hes pretty good at shedding blocks and disrupting plays in the run game as much as he does in the pass game too. He'll be a solid contributor and could develop into an every down DE.

Shilique Calhoun (MichSt): Calhoun is a force on the field and an intriguing prospect to watch out for this year. Hes abit undersized at 6'4 245lbs to play DE consistently at the next level and word is hed rather play more of a 3-4 LB spot anyway. That being said for someone of his size he shows good power and quickness and an ability to wrap up and tackle. He has good closing speed when he does get free from blocks and a high motor and a knack for disrupting almost every play hes on the field for. I see him going in the 1st round at some point he has a ton of potential.

Carl Nassib (PennSt): Alot of people think Nassib is a college player with not much room to grow at the next level and i disagree. Hes 6'7 270lbs and has measurables alot of teams covet. Hes probably more suited too a 4-3 DE spot but his motor and toughness is probably his main attribute. Kid does nothing but fight every play and it shows with 15.5 sacks this year and 6 forced fumbles. He might not be a 1st round pick but i think this kid is gonna work his way onto an NFL field and someone is gonna get a steal in a later round when they take a chance on him.

Interior Defensive Lineman:

Robert Nkemdiche (Miss): Nkemdiche came outta highschool as the #1 recruit and has had some up and down years in college but has been fairly productive including last year. Nkem came into college to be a DE but quickly put on weight and still maintained his athleticness and played all over the line. Its looking like his sweet spot in the NFL will be and disruptive DT position in a 4-3 Defense who can play DE if needed. Alot of off field incidents have hurt his stock but i think he'll be a solid rotational player in the NFL.

Sheldon Day (ND): I love Day, ive watched him grow since being a freshman and the one thing thats always stood out from him is his competitiveness and explosiveness. Day can play any position on the defensive line at a high level, except maybe 3-4 NT, all he does is explode and cause havoc for offensive lines. He should be a 1st round pick and id be legit surprised if he wasnt.

Andrew Billings (Baylor): Billings is one of those physical freaks with a ton of potential. Hes easily the strongest player in the draft and even considered one of the strongest in the world. But dont let that distract you from his ability to play at 6'1 310lbs he has solid size and leverage to use that power with anywhere along the defensive line. He doesnt have alot on tape but in the tape he does have he stands out clearly. I think a year of rotational and situation play will do him well to get his acclimated to the NFL. I dont think he'll creep into the first round but his ceiling is so high it might be worth it.

Defensive Backs:

Jaelon Ramsey (FSU): Theres alot of questions about where he'll play in the NFL and i forsure think he'll get his opportunity to play Corner this summer but i think in the end hes gonna be a Free Safety. I dont think he has the level of quickness to play consistently as a corner in todays game even though hes got the size you look for in a Defensive Back nowadays. Hes got the speed and range to make a play anywhere on the field and is willing to make tough wrap up tackles. Hes gonna be the first Defensive Back taken and is gonna play early for whatever team takes him.

Vernon Hargreaves (Florida): Hargreaves had a slightly down year compared to his previous years but its clear his talent is worthy of 1st round consideration. Hargreaves shows great ball skills and athleticism playing outside. Hes not a dainty Corner afraid to tackle either hes quite stout and tough when it comes to tackling. I think Hargreaves versatility is one of his best traits he can play any Corner position and will probably start out in the slot in the NFL.

KeiVarae Russell (ND): Russell came in his freshman year with a modest ranking and ended up being Notre Dames best Corner during its 2012 national championship run. Then he hit a bump off the field and was suspended and when he came back wasnt quite the player he was as a freshman. That being said Russell has the physical ability NFL teams look for in outside Corners, hes a workout warrior dedicated to his craft and shows good press coverage ability. Unfortunately he was injured toward the end of the season which no doubt will hurt his draft stock. Me personally i think he needs a year to get healthy and develop but come next year has the ability to start for a team and play at a respectable level.

Re: Heated Content: 3 Prospects Per Position You Should Know

heated update :O

Comment

I left out tightends because alot of this years top prospects went back to school so im unfamiliar with the guys that actually are coming out.

Comment

henry is faster than any man his size should be but he has no suddenness and wont be a big play threat in the league. big work horse back imo

Comment

Originally posted by Chaunce View Post
          heated update :O

Definitely diggin the list broski and appreciating the effort...one thing tho.

Any way that u can edit it just a bit. U need to have the position of the player and his size/weight next to his name..

Anthony Henry rb Alabama 6'0 225

Nothing major but it's a little tough to to decide what I think about the player of idk what his size n weight is. And for the d and other lineman even for the d backs idk what position they play ya know? Like I said it's nothing major and I definitely appreciate the effort u put into thisnlist. Chance providing content. Much respect for thst mi amigo.

Hoping the eagles go with either nkem from Ole miss or any of the d backs from Florida. But I want Ramsey from fsu since he can play safety too. Jenkins ain't gonna be around forever and while he's still able to I hope he can mentor the young feller. Butt like I said Idk how big Ramsey is cause u forgot to put that info in therr. Like if he's 6'2 he's too tall n lanky to be a safety so if he can't play corner I'd say pass on him.

Our they can take one of the o lineman cause everyone who saw the eagles play know they need help there....but they need help NOW they can't wait for a player to develop so I see them doing something in the free agent market.

From ur list my wishlist goes like this

1. Nkemedichi
          2.Ramsey
          3. The wide out from Baylor
          4. The monster tackle from msu
          5. The other wide out #2 in ur list.

I quoted the wrong comment so Idk their names atm.

Honestly I'm just hoping that nkem is there....after that idk really what I want. Free agency is gonna be interesting as fuck tho I no that. We don't need a RB and like the O line they don't have time to develop a young kid. Blaine Gabbert is going to be announced eagle mark my words. I hate the move but Doug PEdERSON has been coaching him up for the last few years and there is no chance in hell they gonna pay bradford 25 million per. They already started talking to him about an extension and he said he wants to SMART negotiations at 25per.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

WHO THE FFFFUCK DOES THIS KID THINK HE IS? chip Kelly royally fucked the eagles man. And all these homo fans were Gung ho giving him all the authority in the world to do as he pleased. Now look at us. Now they have some shitdick who can't stay healthy that NOBODY EVEN WANTED that now wants 25 million dollars. He's going to have an awfully big reality check when he hits the market and people laugh him outta the fucking room. . So now the eagles have no QB because they gonna let bradford walk and no 2nd round pic . So if they want a qb they either have to reach at 13 since Noone is qualified to be taken there or overpay a FA in a weak fa class of QBs this year. That's why I say Gabbert. Maybe they can make a move for rg3 but idk how I feel about that either. Whatever the case may be the eagles are fucked for around 3_5 years cause of fat boy chip bellyou and his idiotic moves. PEdERSON has some work cut out for him.

Hopefully they get it going in the right direction. The defense is there already. Just need one or two upgrades. Maybe a LB or interior d lineman. And a corner. The whole offense is in shambles tho except for the rbs. Wrs are shit, o line is awfuk, qb is laughable. They need help all over. Hopefully it's a good fa summer and an offensive draft.

Ugggggg

Sincerely
          Mr Tl; Dr
          WHATEVERS LEFT IN THE HANDGUNS IM DUMPIN IT OUT!

Originally Posted by txtC2daDefaMe View Post
          gggyea poster of the year ez

Comment

Dope overview, his stand up is definitley solid

The question is definitley on his ground game

Ive since known since rome sins drove the syndromes of the unknowns craft

Leave my sig in church (signature) so they know its mine, opening up brains (branes) with string theory changing space and time

Comment

Dope content. I think Jared Goff has the best touch of any of the first round QBs. Vernon Hargreaves III is my favorite player in the first.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTNZjkdPTe8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTNZjkdPTe8[/ame]

Comment

[MENTION=5249]Mojo[/MENTION] isn't cam showing that arm power is more important than touch tho? I'd rather have an inaccurate rifle armed qb that a deadly accurate touch passers-by. Like Pennington or kyle Orton. There's only one Peyton. I keep hearing about this Goff feller. They all say TOUCH. Noone says anything about power tho.

Comment

Both are important. I think it's easier to add strength then it is to learn touch through repetition. NFL level training facilities can do wonders for young prospects.

McNabb had a cannon arm, but never got to an elite level of touch. Andy Reid just put him in position where he didn't have to make as many difficult throws like fades and slants (fuck Ronde Barber). The benefit to having a big arm is that defenses can't cheat up and shrink the field because they don't fear the long ball. I'd rather have a guy with touch personally, but would never fault anyone for thinking the opposite.

Comment

Yea mojo, the reason i chose not to speak on Goff is because hes probably the most known QB atm and the fact i think he mightve hit his ceiling. Tape doesnt lie and it seems like Goff mightve been overwhelmed by the expectations and pressure he was under this year. Everyone was crowning him the best QB prospect if he came out and then he goes and has a slightly down season. I think hes very talented but he kinda reminds me of Blaine Gabbert abit (slightly better arm though).

Comment

yal coulda group texted this shit
                      Originally posted by Wreckless
                      I would have rather been black than an orphan
                      https://image.spreadshirtmedia.com/i...ams_design.png

Comment

Originally posted by Mojo View Post
                        Both are important. I think it's easier to add strength then it is to learn touch through repetition. NFL level training facilities can do wonders for young prospects.

McNabb had a cannon arm, but never got to an elite level of touch. Andy Reid just put him in position where he didn't have to make as many difficult throws like fades and slants (fuck Ronde Barber). The benefit to having a big arm is that defenses can't cheat up and shrink the field because they don't fear the long ball. I'd rather have a guy with touch personally, but would never fault anyone for thinking the opposite.

Fucking romde barber all day but real shit it's FFFUUUUUUUUUCCCK Ricky manning Jr!!!! that cock sucker man! Only think RM JR had was the fact that he told anyone Who'd listen all week that he was gonna beast mcnabb and when it came down to it he shitted on Mc all day long. U gotta respect somebody who tells u what he's gonna do then actually does it. I hate manning but respect the shit outta him at the same time.

Romde on the other hand I just hate. Closing the VET down with him streaking into the end zone is still a heartbreaker. Of all the amazing memories I have of thst stadium the fact that Ronde is what I remember best about that stadium is disgusting. It still stings. :-(

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X