X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bumfights: Kimbo vs Shamrock.

Originally posted by Rich Homie $wamp View Post
    Originally posted by Wreckless View Post
    If Punk fights at 185 it's even more of a gimmick.
    I had a friend who was a defensive tackle in college and got into mma and went from like 240 to 170 to fight at welterweight. He can make 170 very easy with his frame and if he don't it's because he doesn't want to.
    Its not about the weight its about the competition and skill @ those higher weight classes

Even the biggest scrub at middle weight or light heavy would maul CM, my point was hed have to go to a lower weight to even have a chance at winning..
    It's about the size and power.
    If someone's cutting 15 pounds or whatever ripped to hit 185 and you're not even shredded and cutting 10 you're gonna get killed.
    It's established fact the lower the weight class the higher the skill/athletic level.
    Bigger athletes have more opportunities and most won't consider the peanuts they can make in mma so pursue football or basketball or whatever.
    More elite pound for pound fighters are always in the lower weight classes in all fight sports.
    That's not to say bigger guys don't have more highlight reel finishes or whatever other metric that makes people think they're better.
    But pound for pound your best mma athletes are the midgets.
    They can't all be horse jockeys or whatever.

Comment

My Facebook saying this fight was incredible are they lying?

Comment

I had a friend who was a defensive tackle in college and got into mma and went from like 240 to 170 to fight at welterweight. He can make 170 very easy with his frame and if he don't it's because he doesn't want to.
        Its not about the weight its about the competition and skill @ those higher weight classes

Even the biggest scrub at middle weight or light heavy would maul CM, my point was hed have to go to a lower weight to even have a chance at winning..
        If someone's cutting 15 pounds or whatever ripped to hit 185 and you're not even shredded and cutting 10 you're gonna get killed.
        It's established fact the lower the weight class the higher the skill level.
        Bigger athletes have more opportunities and most won't consider the peanuts they can make in mma so pursue football or basketball or whatever.
        More elite pound for pound fighters are always in the lower weight classes in all fight sports.
        That's not to say bigger guys don't have more highlight reel finishes or whatever other metric that makes people think they're better.
        That's not true, at all. Frakie Edger used to fight at his walk around weight (155), and he became champion. Jon Jones has a way better striking arsenal than anyone in the lighter division. Werdums Jiu Jitsu is the best in the UFC as a whole. Same as JDS arguably has the best boxing skills in the UFC.

It has to do with the person, not the weight.

Comment

Originally posted by chad sconer View Post
          Shamrock completed the laziest single leg of all time then failed to choke a man who stopped defending he's a perfect choice
          Lmao I read the recap it said "Shamrock wobbles in and somehow manages a single leg takedown"
          Originally posted by I Hope You Die
          But yeah great job Tommy on this crafty text battle. If you had your own video game it would be called RhymeCraft. LOL! joking... Strategic bars.... That's something people gotta deal with.
          http://i.imgur.com/on9pHmh.png

FREE KRAW

Comment

Limbo fucked scamrock up SLICE!
            Originally posted by I Hope You Die
            But yeah great job Tommy on this crafty text battle. If you had your own video game it would be called RhymeCraft. LOL! joking... Strategic bars.... That's something people gotta deal with.
            http://i.imgur.com/on9pHmh.png

FREE KRAW

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymoose View Post

That's not true, at all. Frakie Edger used to fight at his walk around weight (155), and he became champion. Jon Jones has a way better striking arsenal than anyone in the lighter division. Werdums Jiu Jitsu is the best in the UFC as a whole. Same as JDS arguably has the best boxing skills in the UFC.

I'm speaking in general terms.
              Jon Jones is unorthodox.
              It's effective but if you think he's a technically better striker than bj Penn I disagree.

My points also make great heavyweights even more respectable.
              There's a lot better chance of getting one shot knocked out or having your arm broken at higher weight classes.

If cm punk fights at 185 he is not in optimal fighting condition and it should be more of a joke than it already is.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymoose View Post

I'm speaking in general terms.
                Jon Jones is unorthodox.
                It's effective but if you think he's a technically better striker than bj Penn I disagree.

My points also make great heavyweights even more respectable.
                There's a lot better chance of getting one shot knocked out or having your arm broken at higher weight classes.

If cm punk fights at 185 he is not in optimal fighting condition and it should be more of a joke than it already is.
                Yeah, I know what you mean. 185 might be more optimal for him though. It all depends on how your body responds to the weight cuts. Some people feel more comfortable without cutting weight and fighting at their walk around weight, while some guys can make huge cuts and do well. Cutting weight has advantages, and disadvantages. Finding that perfect place for your own body is key.

Not defending Punk, just my opinion on the issue.

Comment

that man ken shamrock lived in a trailer , getting ready for this fight

that made the outcome worst

Comment

fixed fight!

Comment

yea it was most likely fixed.

Comment

Garbage ass work

Comment

Top Active Users