This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BPL/SERIE A - SUMMER MERCATO 16/17

Looks like we're signing Lucas Perez from Espanyol. As far I can tell this guy is a hybril of Eduardo and David Villa, had a great season last year scoring all sorts of goals and against all big teams in Spain aswell. Mobile striker, very opportunistic, a good eye for the goal and good linkup play, exactly what combination of assets we miss atm.

- Arsenal triggered release clause (20m euros)
    - Arsenal then tried to offer to pay it in two payments (lol only at Arsenal w 200+ in the bank)
    - This being very suspicious about Arsenal trying to save money (perhaps for another target)

Would welcome this player his stats look good at least.
    Originally posted by Neon Eriko
    we're like 5 wierdos from having a full season of reality tv here
    Originally posted by nick216
    Ill hit you with a powerful blast that will rip your stomach out of your ass

Comment

i find this transfer weird as fuck tbh, not saying he isnt good or anything but its like wenger went "damn its hard to sign a defender or striker, ill just add another midfielder".
      while "LP" might add depth, he isnt at the level which arsenal need to make it to the top. IMO
      http://images.complex.com/complex/im...wr1sxarjsp.gif

Comment

all we need is a better striker than Walcott, Akpom & Sanogo, preferably someone completely different than Giroud, which he is. Same reason why I would've loved Lacazette. His stats besides goals scored are generally better than Griezmann whilst playing for a small team which is impressive to me.

Don't believe Wenger's comments in pressers for one bit the man is rarely speaking the truth about transfers unless they're confirmed or off.

Comment

word you need a lacazette tier. this is more like a step below shaqiri

Comment

Originally posted by skandalouz View Post
            absolute peak when Arsenal draw Bayern, PSV and Monaco tonight

with Chelsea not participating I hope we're gonna get an easy group for once
            and Leicester get the Chelsea luck. Sp*rs not bad either. City absolutely awful they rarely have a good draw.

Reasonably happy with PSG when we could also have got Barcelona and Bayern there, also a nice change for once and def have a chance.
            Happy with Basel, not the strongest team in pot 3, tricky away game but do'able.
            Happy with Ludogorets, same reason. Should get 11 points at least.

Comment

Napoli, Dinamo Kiev and Besiktas

Looks kind of a balanced group, similar quality teams but we should be able to go through iah

Sporting Lisbon fucked up with Dortmund and Real. Finna love to see Judas struggling and Ronnie fucking them up.
              E Pluribus Unum
              1 9 0 4

Comment

well that's Lucas Perez and Shkodran Mustafi deals announced by ORNSTEINNNN in one day.
                Rumors they'll both have a medical tomorrow and sign this weekend.

Very excited given the current situation we're in (on pitch and on transfers) but gutted we missed out on Miki & Lacazette still, although neither really had a serious chance.

Comment

west ham paying 24mil for zaza

Comment

Fucc beanface

Comment

ily drew

Comment

just glad we arent the ones paying for zaza lmfao

Comment

Roma getting a very good draw, Plzen as group head and Vienna & Astra. If u avoid Nice from 4 you should have a walk in the park.

My locals playing Zenit that's shit, but Maccabi and Dundalk aren't that good and Ajax having an ok draw.

Manure Fenerbahce Feyenoord :O bet their authorities are so worried lol

Comment

Originally posted by skandalouz View Post
                            His stats besides goals scored are generally better than Griezmann
                            difference being griezmann is better by some margin, and also has the nerves and ability to deliver when told to step up. something lacazette have been unable to do for two straight seasons. when called upon he goes mia. which is why he got left out of every national squad under the sun, and why deschamps went as far as to drag gignac from fucking mexico into the euro squad over him.

and lacazette's been given plenty chances.

also to whoever wrote whatever about 'mané' he's not gonna take over anything, he'll produce the same he did at soton, and as he did at rb salzburg before that. sofiane boufal that soton signed to replace mané has a higher ceeling by some margin.

waiting on mané to all of a sudden ''explode'' at 24 is like the people that still think salah is gonna turn into some top 10 player. or better yet that bag of pace raheem sterling.

pretty sure psg picks up lacazette if he can stay injury free this season and deliver another solid one like he did two years ago, they'll realize soon enough that they aren't winning any championships with fucking cavani and ben arfa going lead.

Comment

didnt know they signed boufal (from lille i assume), hes def a future star.

salah is too limited to be the main star at a big team but he is great when his role is tailored to his skillset, which it is at roma. works hard too and now that he has to buy a meal to the player he didnt pass everytime he couldve passed
                              instead of going for goal hes been way more of a team player in that sense too.

problem for alot of the speedy players is that the smaller teams they play for have less of the ball and thus when they go on the counter the strikers (gervinho, lacazette, salah, shaqiri at basel etc) they have acres of space ahead of them. something the wouldnt have at arsenal at the same rate.

props for posting in the thread [MENTION=3056]metroplekz[/MENTION] what team do you cheer for?

Comment

i don't really cheer for any team. i just have teams i like more or less than others. same with players.

i like atleti because of their morale and because they embody the term ''hard work'' and i've always liked cholo. i loved the football bvb played under klopp (not as big a fan of tuchel)

loved liverpool when they still had suarez, that's probably the best football they've played (consistently) across several seasons in god knows how long.

like ibra more than i do ronaldo (what ibra has done in terms of explosiveness and athletic ability is just more impressive to me) i enjoy watching messi play, his natural touch and feel is second to none.

i guess i tend to like coaches, so by proxy of coach i'll enjoy that team for as long as they are there. like conte, mou, klopp, and simeone (honorable mention to emery) are probably the coaches i like the most. i like coaches who engage, and show their emotions. oh and i'm french/belgian on my moms side, so i'll always have a soft spot for players like pogba and griezmann.

if i had to pick one player though for this season, that i'm really looking forward to see how he evolves. it would have to be erik bailly, 22 years old had a crushing good season last year in villareal, and seeing how he's played barely 60 games total in the highest divisions he's showing maturity and knowledge way beyond his current experience and well above defenders who have several years on him in age. so i'm really excited to see how he does at man united. he's been motm in all the games he's started so far in the united shirt so.

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X