This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BPL/SERIE A - SUMMER MERCATO 15/16

figured I'm ready to do some predictions about the next 15 games in the PL as Leicester look like a serious candidate at the moment and the other teams are on a respectable distance from the first 4 places atm.

current standings:

1 Leicester City 47
    2 Manchester City 44
    3 Arsenal 44
    4 Tottenham Hotspur 42
    5 Manchester United 37
    6 West Ham United 36
    7 Liverpool 34

LEICESTER CITY
    It's all or nothing for Leicester in February, easily the toughest next 5 games but no other competitions and they appear to have a squad that keeps escaping the injury curses. I don't expect them to take more than 3 points in the big games and I personally expect them to crash against the elite defending rugby team West Brom. Following that there'll be 4 away games which might form a second problem. Very tough.
    Predicted position after 5 games: 3rd 53 points

MANCHESTER CITY
    Big test for Man City, survive the first 5 weeks (10+ points) and the 5 that follow are do'able to say the least. City has a squad decent enough to battle in CL and FA Cup but with Pep's scepter looming what will it cause for the squad morale. City can potentially win the league in February & March if they keep the damage low. KDB is a huge miss wonder how they'll cope.
    Predicted position after 5 games: 2nd 55 points

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR
    Spurs schedule looks fairly balanced when it comes to facing the big guns but they do have alot of tough away games amongst them. Vertonghen out for this part of the season is a huge loss to them, especially with aspirations in the EL (one of the better teams in there if fit). West Ham away looks like a make or break game for their title charge at that point.
    Predicted position after 5 games: 4th 52 points

ARSENAL
    Based on the coming 5 fixtures Arsenal should be up there (10+ points) as I expect Leicester to drop points now the pressure is really going to be on. I expect dropped points at OT as Arsenal will probably do an Arsenal and forget to win. In the next 5 games there's tough away games to White Hart Lane, Upton Park and Goodison Park might cost some points, but the home games are all very winnable.
    Predicted position after 5 games: 1st 56 points

MANCHESTER CITY
    City might have a title decider on their hands vs Arsenal if they surive February + March. Based on all 15 remaining games they look like they have the best schedule out of the 4 but they'll face cup games and CL fixtures aswell. Inevitable injury to Aguero with KDB already out could kill them. Favorites tho.
    Predicted final ranking: 1st (will be close)

ARSENAL
    Arsenal look certain for 10 points (at least), especially if they're still challenging at this point. Really hope that (if they're first) the lead will be big enough to finish it off at home vs (hopefully) already relegated Villa. The road to those last 5 fixtures is a rough one and I expect Arsenal to lose some ground in those games. They might have the easiest last 5 games of the four but the big question remains (as usual) if they're still in it before the final month starts.
    A title decider at Etihad looks ugly but could also cause a huge upset.
    Predicted final ranking: 2nd (will be close)

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR
    Spurs look to make it to the final stages of EL but don't have the biggest squad of the four, which might cost energy (and maybe injuries) in the end. After playing manchester united & liverpool they face away fixtures to chelsea & stoke ouch could potentially fall out of top 4 in worst case scenario. Not getting an extra striker might turn out to be a costly mistake by Levy & Pochettino. Without bias but I think 3rd might be the highest achieveable this season, with or without a strong EL pursuit. A CL return awaits next season tho, so plenty to look forward to for Arsenal's shadow team and their gobshite fans
    Predicted final ranking: 3rd (fairly easy)

LEICESTER CITY
    I expect Leicester to be out of the race at this point, but the fixture against Manchester United looks like a decider for top 4 challenge & both teams have plenty of rest. End at Stamford Bridge which they'd probably like to avoid to be decisive, but I think they won't make top 4 , an unpopular opinion but I still think their schedule will break them eventually. The squad and Claudio Ranieri have won many people's hearts this season and hopefully Leicester doesn't get the backlapse of having to sell their star players only to revert back to the bottom half.

Predicted final ranking: 5th (could even become worse with the other teams looming)

(In b4 an angry macaroni) Definitely not ruling Manchester United out, I think they will take Leicester's place and finish 4th on a respectable distance from the upper 3. Time to rebuild the damage LVG has done (hopefully not with top cunt Jose) and push on from there. The manager can break their season or save it by clinching the final CL spot.

This year for Liverpool is (obviously) all about getting fully used to Klopp, they'll have to do a squad overhaul with doep signings and build firmly on that next year. Anything can happen of course but to me 4th looks like the max. result in the league, which will be an impressive result but not (yet) favorites for this.
    (League Cup should be yours, City has CL importance and a heavy schedule in February.)

That's when Slaven Bilic and Dimitri Payet's troops don't overtake them though, they are a very tough side to beat at home for every team and have gotten some impressive results in away games. Will turn out to be serious competition for the 5th spot and their admired qualification for Europe (which they ironically threw this season lol).

All three could go anywhere from 4th to 8th, but at least one will finish above Leicester City. Should all watch out for Stoke as they look impressive and could easily end up higher than where they are now.

VERDICT
    Battle for the league win will be/end close, and I picked City as a favorite because they have the clutch, the experience and the stronger bench. They don't look invincible however and as close to winning they might look, their key players are very injury prone, while all of Arsenal's player are injury prone regardless of importance so if Flamini picks up a 3 month injury we should be good still lmao.
    Manchester City vs Arsenal will be heated in the 37th gameweek, until then anything is possible really. Obviously I really want Wenger and the lads taking title, but Manuel Pelleggrini's case is appealing aswell as City really done him dirty imo and overall they look like the strongest side (again).

Spurs will find themselves on an island as the competition progresses, they have looked very solid so far and as much as I'd hate it, they can really become a serious force for the title next year. Should work on their massive # of draws. When fit they have all to play for in Europe aswell.

The battle for 4th & 5th will be more open and exciting than the title race with all the different interests. Chelsea could potentially really spoil it for Leicester here, if they aren't already below top 4.

bottom line, Claudio Ranieri >
    Originally posted by Neon Eriko
    we're like 5 wierdos from having a full season of reality tv here
    Originally posted by nick216
    Ill hit you with a powerful blast that will rip your stomach out of your ass

Comment

don't flame me too much when Leicester win the league and Arsenal miss out on CL ok?

Originally posted by Neon Eriko
      we're like 5 wierdos from having a full season of reality tv here
      Originally posted by nick216
      Ill hit you with a powerful blast that will rip your stomach out of your ass

Comment

It's hard to guess how things might go, this season has possibly been the strangest I've seen.

I still think Arsenal will see it through, either way, it's nice to be in a league that isn't a one horse race.

Comment

I lost my right to mock peoples predictions after I said Fred would score the most goals in 2014WC. props on the analysis, interesting read!
          http://images.complex.com/complex/im...wr1sxarjsp.gif

Comment

Originally posted by skandalouz View Post
            don't flame me too much when Leicester win the league and Arsenal miss out on CL ok?

Come here and take this rep!

Comment

Still going with Leicester as number one, I'm dead serious about that.

Comment

SALAH BACK AT IT!
                SPALLETTIS BOYS!!

Comment

If it wasnt for Lovren's calming and ensuring presence, L'pool would've already been 3 goals down.

That first half display was very reminiscent of a young Beckenbauer

Comment

dont want bino to be sad but i really want leicester to win this and I generally dont root for underdogs

Comment

Its a great game tbh, heaps of chances on both sides. Marhez is almost unstopable atm

Comment

Omfggggggggg what a goal by vardy!!!!!!!

Comment

cant peep cus watchin roma. what happened!?

Comment

I cant even decribe it man, you just got to see it.... Amazing shot, the mahrez assist was phenomenal too. His second goal was some real poacher stuff. Roberth Huth probably motm tho, im not even kiddin, he was absolute beast, let nothing past him the whole night!

Comment

radja got a red card! sassuolo missed the penalty!!!

finally some luck

Comment

0-2 EL SHAAWARY on the counter

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X