Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NFL General Thread

Few of the things I took away from the Eagles preseason game:

1st round pick Marcus Smith is going to be a player. Last night he showed all of the skills that can't be taught. Dude has speed, power and a high level of intensity. He can work on his technique, but he has everything you want skill wise in an OLB. The fact that he played the majority of the game tells me they want him to be ready to play ASAP. Could see a lot snaps this year. Cole's as good as gone next year.

5th round pick Taylor Hart will be an unsung hero at DE in years to come. He's a very smart player. Watching him chase down a screen from behind was very inspiring. Ced Thornton won't be resigned next year.

Jordan Matthews aint ready for prime time. Could just be a nerve thing. Hopefully he calms his shit down before the games count.

I'm still really fucking scared about the safety position. Hopefully Jenkins makes whoever he plays beside better.

Jaylen Watkins is a practice squad player. Roc Carmichael aint much better. Outside of Williams, Boykin, Fletcher and Carroll, I don't know who else makes the team at CB. Curtis Marsh maybe?

Eagles special teams will be a true difference maker this year. Cover units and return units looked sharp for the first preseason game.

Comment

Tom Brady da gawd>
      farra ra ra ra

Comment

Originally posted by Aquafag View Post
        Originally posted by Mojo View Post
        I bet Vick starts for the Jets before Sanchez starts for the Eagles.
        I'll take that action
        Dude ur nuts.. Foles is going to start every game he is healthy, sanchez is gonna do what we got him to do, back up foles.

Foles will be a top 5 qb numbers wise this year.

Comment

[MENTION=5249]Mojo[/MENTION]

Jaylen watkins will break out at some point this season, trust me.. Watch some of his college games

Comment

I highly doubt that. It usually takes 2-3 years for corners to adjust to the speed of the NFL. Besides, didn't he play nickel corner behind Marcus Roberson and Louchiez Purifoy???

What makes you think a college nickel corner will translate to NFL stardom in his first year? I need more than just "Trust me". Don't cop out and tell me I should watch the games either. Aint nobody got time for that. You should be able to articulate what his strengths and gameplay are like if you really like him.

Comment

I highly doubt that. It usually takes 2-3 years for corners to adjust to the speed of the NFL. Besides, didn't he play nickel corner behind Marcus Roberson and Louchiez Purifoy???

What makes you think a college nickel corner will translate to NFL stardom in his first year? I need more than just "Trust me". Don't cop out and tell me I should watch the games either. Aint nobody got time for that. You should be able to articulate what his strengths and gameplay are like if you really like him.
              The reason for that was off-field problems, he was the best corner on the team skillwise. Hes a good cover corner & knows how to read routes to jump them for ints, then he has the speed to return them. If you watched youd see how smart he plays by the decisions he makes switching coverage, he knows how to read a play pretty well. He also a hell of a tackler, not a hard hitter but just wrap up tackling. Another good sidenote is, he also played safety for florida, so even trying him out there may not be bad. Its more of me just liking him saying hell breakout this year, but i believe he can if he puts some passion into it, because the raw talent is there.

Shame we dont play the bills though, id like to see the brothers against eachother with jaylen covering him.

Comment

Originally posted by Santo View Post

The reason for that was off-field problems, he was the best corner on the team skillwise. Hes a good cover corner & knows how to read routes to jump them for ints, then he has the speed to return them. If you watched youd see how smart he plays by the decisions he makes switching coverage, he knows how to read a play pretty well. He also a hell of a tackler, not a hard hitter but just wrap up tackling. Another good sidenote is, he also played safety for florida, so even trying him out there may not be bad. Its more of me just liking him saying hell breakout this year, but i believe he can if he puts some passion into it, because the raw talent is there.

Shame we dont play the bills though, id like to see the brothers against eachother with jaylen covering him.
                Good analysis. Repped.

Comment

A few thoughts of my own about the Eagles game:

1. Foles is going to be fine, he had a shaky preseason last year too. I couldn't care less.

2. Our special teams are going to be amongst the best in the league in the return game. Henery will have to shake off last year's results though or he won't make it past the bye week.

3. Beau Allen is going to end up starting for us sooner rather than later and he's a STUD.

4. Our corner play didn't concern me too much. It's impossible to cover Marshall and Jeffery both 100% of the time. Watkins made a few bad plays but also made a good jump for his pick. Carmichael's terrible though.

5. Nate Allen played better than expected, but with expectations so low he'll have a ways to go to prove he can still start.

6. Jordan matthews looked jittery but made a few catches and I'm not concerned. The 40-yarder right before halftime that was ruled incomplete was CLEARLY a catch and tackle. Had it been reviewed it would have been reversed.
                  Giant Squid 3-0

Follow the buzzards.

Comment

Comment

Heres my thoughts on the eagles game

foles fuckin sucks

Comment

Originally posted by Joey Drama View Post
                        Heres my thoughts on the eagles game

foles fuckin sucks
                        Can it fucker

Comment

eagles r so corny

Comment

Dallas blows and you don't follow football Breh so suck on my foot long balls

Comment

dallas is the richest team in the nfl bahaha keep on posting and making us money

Comment

Originally posted by Breh View Post
                                dallas is the richest team in the nfl bahaha keep on posting and making us money
                                Yet couldnt afford to keep demarcus ware

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X