Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ward vs Kovalev 2

Originally posted by Moose View Post
    Again "holding and hitting" is not illegal. What Kovelav did was legal. What Rigondeaux did was illegal, you incompetent fuck.

Do you know the definition of these terms?

le·gal
    /ˈlēɡəl/
    adjective
    of, based on, or concerned with the law:
    "the American legal system"
    permitted by law:
    "he claimed that it had all been legal"
    synonyms:
    lawful, legitimate, licit, within the law, legalized, ... moreantonyms:
    criminal

il·le·gal
    /i(l)ˈlēɡəl/
    adjective
    contrary to or forbidden by law, especially criminal law:
    "illegal drugs"
    synonyms:
    unlawful, illicit, illegitimate, criminal, felonious, ... moreantonyms:
    lawful, legitimate
    noun
    a person present in a country without official authorization.

Do I need to have Porter call your mom and have her do vocabulary tests with you weekly?

Take some time off fruity loops and shitty video editing and read a fucking book.

Are you legitimately retarded? If so I'll leave you alone.
    instead of the definition of legal, here are the rules u moron
    http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/Rules_of_Boxing

Comment

"When the referee breaks you from a clinch, you have to take a full step back; you cannot immediately hit your opponent--that's called "hitting on the break" and is illegal."

You can throw punches in the clinch or what your dumb ass calls "holding". The rule refers to when the referee breaks it up.

Kovalev didn't break the rules, he did nothing illegal. Even by you trying to prove a point somehow you fucked it up and proved me right.

You fucking moron.

"this mf pulled up the law."

That's called the definition. It's from a book it's called the dictionary.
      Maybe you should use it.

Comment

"When the referee breaks you from a clinch, you have to take a full step back; you cannot immediately hit your opponent--that's called "hitting on the break" and is illegal."

You can throw punches in the clinch or what your dumb ass calls "holding". The rule refers to when the referee breaks it up.

Kovalev didn't break the rules, he did nothing illegal. Even by you trying to prove a point somehow you fucked it up and proved me right.

You fucking moron.

"this mf pulled up the law."

That's called the definition. It's from a book it's called the dictionary.
        Maybe you should use it.
        lmaoooo u skipped the one right before that. like u always do

""You can't hold your opponent and hit him at the same time, or duck so low that your head is below your opponent's belt line.""

like i said, its a touchy rule. u blew this wayyyyy up. good job

Comment

Clinching is different than holding. You're the one that said Kovalev and Rigondeaux did the same thing. Which is completely wrong.

One is blatantly illegal. The other is vaguely possibly illegal if you misconstrue the rule and add a little asterisk pretending you didn't see what really happened.

Comment

Clinching is different than holding. You're the one that said Kovalev and Rigondeaux did the same thing. Which is completely wrong.

One is blatantly illegal. The other is vaguely possibly illegal if you misconstrue the rule and add a little asterisk pretending you didn't see what really happened.
            ok. its touchy tbh. well all i know is Ward-Kov was always going to be a dirty fight (kov knew bcuz the first one was a dog fight), and instead of looking to the ref for help on the lowblows, he should have got even with Ward on that. bcuz in no way am i saying Ward beat him cleanly, and also the fight was prematurely stopped. Kov blew it.

Comment

It was a dirty fight mostly on Wards part. There was numerous low blows throughout the entire fight.

"instead of looking to the ref for help on the lowblows, he should have got even with Ward on that"

I agree and disagree. If he would have hit Ward low he would have cried and probably got a point taken for Kov. Just like he kept saying Kovalev was hitting him in the back of the head every clinch, when he was hitting Kovalev in the back of the head, he just wasn't complaining.

I don't think you should look to the ref to be saved. However when you get hit low sometimes you can't really move to get away or defend yourself properly.

Would Ward have stopped him later if they didn't stop it? Well, it looks like it was going that way, but Kovalev should have gotten his break for getting hit low and restarted.

It's another tainted victory.

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X