• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is Rakim The Most Technically Sound Mc Ever

Jimmy da Gawwwd

Comment

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lLdJIx6iGc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lLdJIx6iGc[/ame]

Canibus wrecked him though.

Comment

How you gonna diss RA the Rugged Man? His delivery is practically flawless and you talkin bout complexity, him AFRO, Gift of Gab, all have that in droves. Especially when they have to write against one another.
        You got it ass backwards, bitch. Smile when I move past you.

Comment

you cant mention Nas in this thread without his predeccesor
          Tragedy Khadafi aka The Intelligent Hoodlum
          let the 40 cal give 'em a perm

Comment

Originally posted by Wreckless View Post

Kool g rap was better at everything too.

G rap one of the only old rappers to improve over time.
            His newest shit still dope to me.
            The Godfathers album from Kool G Rap & Necro is criminally underrated.

G Rap's machine gun flow over necros production didnt just prove he's still got it but it was the perfect blend of two heads from NY staying true to the hard hitting eastcoast sound in 2014 & totally ignoring the trend of that mainstream trap sound. And before Godfathers i havent heard production on a whole album compliment Kool G Rap so damn well since his debut solo "4,5,6."

Comment

Respect to the tags.

Keith should be in the rock Hall of Fame next to public enemy run dmc and them

All that rawkus shit, doom, Indy, backpacker, etc. come directly from keith

Plus he low key dissed everybody when it wasn't even cool

Respect to LL too. I need a beat was first rap song I liked
              Used to scratch my parents led Zeppelin record to it lmao

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaaaW44uTdk"]LL Cool J-I Need A Beat (Remix) - YouTube[/ame]

Canibus always sucked dicks btw

Comment

Canibus wrecked LL.

Retarded statement.

Comment

[MENTION=14722]blackonboth[/MENTION] - Respect to your opinion. I’m definitely older than you. It sounds like you were maybe nine years old in 1986, I was really up in the mix then and I’m from nyc. It’s mind blowing to me that so many young people know about old-school rap even more than me. That’s cool as fuck
                  Much respect bro
                  [MENTION=21515]Wreckless[/MENTION] - I respect your music opinions too. But having been there at that time, I would say Kool G Rap and Cool Keith are Rakim’s sons.

Kool G Rap had an underground hit in 86 called it’s a demo ( that’s why poetry by boogie down productions says ‘this is not a demo’) but he never blew up like Rakim. He didn’t drop his first album till three years later in 1989 with old songs on it including it’s a demo. He didn’t capitalize on his buzz for whatever business decisions idk- and honestly people weren’t rating him back then as much as they do now even though like to songs personally. But it was just 2 or three singles and the verse on symphony

Cool Keith had some early songs that were noticed but he also didn’t drop an album till I think 88 or 89. People thought he was dope but it was like weirdo music that you wouldn’t hear in a club or on the radio. Plus they were always changing members. CedGee even jumped ship to make the beats on criminal minded in 86

Comment

Sorry I hit post by mistake… Will continue next post lol

Comment

I don’t remember who posted that there were no classic albums back then but that’s not true. Run DMC made classic albums from early. The fat boys too. Radio and bigger and Deffer by LL Cool J were good all the way through. Bum rush the show by PE ... And I think maybe stetsasonic had a good album

Anyway.point I’m heading towards is - Criminal minded and paid in full owned New York City. These were CUTTING EDGE in a way nothing else was (you had to be there)
                      People mentioned schooly d as the first gangsta rap. PSK Was a hit because it was controversial… But the real first gangster shit was KRS one - and the first song telling hood stories was 9 mm goes bang and P is free. Nobody had ever done that and he said the pattern for ghetto boys Jay Z biggie smalls everyone.

So about Rakim- He was an immediate superstar. Nobody ever rhymes like him before. They wrote articles about him in newspapers and magazines. No one had his flow for his rhyme ability. He was like the gears of a Rolex watch. The buzz in New York was huge. Eric B is President / My Melody single Was the hottest shit anyone had ever heard. It was in every club. Downtown uptown Brooklyn Bronx London fucking England. The music was new too. That paved the way for that soul to soul stuff, but I digress
                      Rakim reinvented rap from “moon june spoon” to complicated inner rhymes and syncopated flows. No one else as far as I remember

Comment

Originally posted by 9NeiN9 View Post
                        Originally posted by Super Mario View Post

lmao at u laughing at me saying ice cube
                        He is one of the most overrated ever.

Death Certificate 1 of the greatest albums in Hip Hop History....

And if we talking influence...not 1 person on the West ever birthed more sons/daughters then Cube!!!!!

Some people only know him/remember him from movies though or that Don Mega bullshit at the end of his career.

I'll save that for another thread though.

Comment

Originally posted by blackonboth View Post

And if we talking influence...not 1 person on the West ever birthed more sons/daughters then Cube!!!!!

Some people only know him/remember him from movies though or that Don Mega bullshit at the end of his career.

I'm not saying his music is shit - but he is overrated as fuck. Without ghostwriters, godly samples and dope production he .... nevermind.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blackonboth View Post

I'm not saying his music is shit - but he is overrated as fuck. Without ghostwriters, godly samples and dope production he .... nevermind.
                            Cube was a ghostwriter for some of the biggest names on the west (Dre + Easy + King Tee + Da Lench Mob + Yoyo)....

Kam and Mack 10 wasnt writing for him like they say cuz neither was that nice if we being honest.

I never believed that shit from them....now if WC said it then maybe which might get a chuckle from folks who only know crip walking WC and never heard of the Maad Circle.

Comment

Originally posted by Kikbak Bobby Bangz View Post
                              you cant mention Nas in this thread without his predeccesor
                              Tragedy Khadafi aka The Intelligent Hoodlum

Classic...

But I dont know how much influence personally he had on Nas other than being from Queens and being signed to a major 1st.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose View Post
                                Canibus wrecked LL.

Retarded statement.
                                yup

"I'll snatch ya crown with ya head still attached to it"

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X