Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big L coulda been one of the best

[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PLpZUI4BZwU[/ame]

That first verse woulda murdered anyone in a battle at that time!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz08O...re=c4-overview
    Trenton Silver 18 year old up and comer, 204 battle grounds Winnipeg Represent

Re: Big L coulda been one of the best

coulda shoulda woulda
    Originally posted by HEISTBVA
    ive never needed a pumpkin spice latte this much in my life

Comment

Big L would have had to body Cassidy.

Comment

Originally posted by DieSlow View Post
        Big L would have had to body Cassidy.
        True.

Papoose also wouldn't exist if L was alive.

Comment

Word. And Pap still hardly exist outside of NY. His bitch got more weight than him.

He has so much music out but I still couldn't name you a mixtape or his album(s). I can't think of any song that I just have to go back and listen to every now and then from him.

Comment

Now for sure, he was getting some play years back. Mostly thanks to Busta on the touch it remix iirc.

Dude has some die hard fanboys though.

He's always been a knockoff L imo with a touch of Canibus with his pseudo-lyricism proclaiming he's the most lyrical and other retarded shit.

Comment

Big L is definitely the GOAT imo

Comment

Originally posted by Feral Linguist View Post
                It's a fair argument. If someone says Biggie is the GOAT not many are objective or at least can understand how you'd come to that conclusion.

L and Biggie have about the same size catalog. Yet most won't accept L and/or Pun as GOAT for some reason even though imo they're both way better than Biggie.

Comment

L hooks were generally shit tho if we're being honest.

139 and Lennox is the danger zone
                  Where no man can withstand or hold his own

I'm not from new York so that's butt cheeks.

His raps were always dope

Comment

Originally posted by DieSlow View Post
                    Word. And Pap still hardly exist outside of NY. His bitch got more weight than him.

He has so much music out but I still couldn't name you a mixtape or his album(s). I can't think of any song that I just have to go back and listen to every now and then from him.
                    [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EYFO_R0Bzc"]Menace II Society Part 2 - YouTube[/ame]

This is the only one of his that I fuck with actually, conceptually it's on point. Solid execution overall.

From the choice of instrumental (Can I Live, track name alone for this is layered with irony)

-To the story tellin' (Rappin' from the POV of a older Anthony lamenting about the coldness of the street, the people/events that shaped who he is now and how things eventually all things go sour and rot... flat out too basically violence begets violence due the environment how people are pre conditioned- Born into this madness, some people just don't know no better, and most of the time- IF, and when they finally do, it's bittersweet cause it's just too late the majority of time, and so the cycle continues...)

-The smart intercuts of scenes from Menace playing throughout working basically somewhat like hooks (breaks) between verses that dramatizes the track even more so- it's effective because it's cinematic to it's core, which is exactly what it was striving to be.
                    I like modding because it gives me the illusion I have control.

Comment

Big L wouldn't have been. Look at how people do King Los.
                      Originally posted by Clarke Reloaded
                      Originally posted by ekeanon
                      I'm glad I got to witness your life
                      Glad you got to be a part of the legacy :kanyehappy::colbertsalute:
                      White people are like cancer. But its funny how white people die from cancer... is that ironic or a sign from God? :kid:

Comment

Originally posted by Moose View Post
                        It's a fair argument. If someone says Biggie is the GOAT not many are objective or at least can understand how you'd come to that conclusion.

L and Biggie have about the same size catalog. Yet most won't accept L and/or Pun as GOAT for some reason even though imo they're both way better than Biggie.

Moose is 100% on point with that top part. People wouldn't question.

I use to hold Big in higher regard when i was younger than I do now. (Big is like top 10-12 ish range for me now)

I wouldn't argue against anyone saying Big's the GOAT, but I would be more than curious and feel inclined to ask who' the other 9 of all time (top 5 I always thought was too rigid and actually does a disservice to HipHop and other rappers/emcee's as a whole).

It's like somebody asking whats the top 5 greatest films of all time, ridiculous af and ultimately a exercise in futility to even attempt that. Due to the sheer number of cinematic masterpieces the world has produced.

Imma be honest, I like L but IMHO I think he's gassed str8 up (he wouldn't make a top 25 for me personally... my younger primo on the other hand, he rates him as the goat to at least top 3-5). He never had a classic or even good album to me. One of the handful reasons people can cite Big is because of Ready 2 Die, if it's not a classic to some it's hands down a GREAT album, people can't argue it wasn't a impactful album when it came out- still holds up quite well to this vary day. Big's influence in hiphop is larger than L's.

Pun on the other hand, I hold him in a extremely high regard and he deserves all the accolades he gets (if not more). His name should ring bells.
                        I like modding because it gives me the illusion I have control.

Comment

So that means King Los would be God of all time. But too bad rap went its seperate ways. Smh
                          Originally posted by ekeanon
                          I'm glad I got to witness your life
                          Glad you got to be a part of the legacy :kanyehappy::colbertsalute:
                          White people are like cancer. But its funny how white people die from cancer... is that ironic or a sign from God? :kid:

Comment

Yeah you are laying down some knowledge there and i agree too that Pun was way tougher than the Notorious. Almost every hiphop influenced person i fuk with irl agree.

Notorious BIG was crazy but somehow i find L and Pun much more raw and authentic

I like the man's work but GOAT? just seems like only unseasoned hiphop amateurs or otherwise lacking real heart for it would go there

Comment

Yeah you are laying down some knowledge there and i agree too that Pun was way tougher than the Notorious. Almost every hiphop influenced person i fuk with irl agree.

Notorious BIG was crazy but somehow i find L and Pun much more raw and authentic

I like the man's work but GOAT? just seems like only unseasoned hiphop amateurs or otherwise lacking real heart for it would go there
                              I think it's because to most the 90's was the golden era and Tupac and BIG were the most mainstream I guess you'd say. Certainly the most well known. So the average person associates them with the golden age so automatically name them GOAT. I see neither being the GOAT.

Pun and L >>> Pac and BIG.

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X