Is KOTD going to suffer the same fate as Grind Time? Url is dominating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is KOTD going to suffer the same fate as Grind Time? Url is dominating

I took a quick look at the views from Blackout 7 and None 7... Both one of two premiere events for each brand... Url has roughly 3.7 mil views. KOTD has roughly 2.1 mil views, despite being released 3 weeks prior and currently having 5 more battles... Both had PPV, so that argument goes out the window. Pure dominance by URL

Also , URL is almost doubling total views, with 320 mil to KOTD's 162 mil. KOTD launched its channel almost a year prior as well.

I've always occasionally looked at the numbers and URL has really started to separate itself in the last year.. The view and subscription differential is growing wider by the day at a much faster pace then in the past. Again, URL is really flexing their muscles and it's a trend that looks like will keep growing and getting worse for KOTD.

These are just facts guys. My question, is it possible KOTD falls off like Grind Time? It seems people are getting their battle fix from URL and not even paying attention to KOTD. I always remember the numbers being much closer, and was actually surprised at the gap in the two... No funny shit either, I'm genuinely curious if y'all feel this could happen...
    I'll knock down ya door like Jehovas Witness, and bring niggas to your house like your older sisters...

Make me mad, either get shot in the face or stabbed... The Blood leave you wetter than the Tub when you take a bath. ... They say the game should be Told, not Sold, but that's hard to Control when cats Fold like paper bags...

Re: Is KOTD going to suffer the same fate as Grind Time? Url is dominating

yes

Comment

any other quetions?

Comment

KOTD seems like it just can't compete in the long run...URL always had the competitive advantage by default..No need to explain why

Comment

From about 2012 to around mid 2015 you could've made a serious argument about KOTD competing, but URL has lapped them.
          They can still stand their ground at 2nd best
          No one is consistently checking for UDubb, Don't Flop, RBE, and Bullpen battles, so KOTD can fill the void.

Comment

Originally posted by WW View Post
            KOTD seems like it just can't compete in the long run...URL always had the competitive advantage by default..No need to explain why
            explain why please

Comment

Originally posted by WW View Post

Smack is culture, an Originator, and Kotd are culture vultures. Simples.

Comment

how is kotd culture vultures the shit aint remotly comparable kotd is like an anime convention for people who really liked 8 mile

Comment

come cosplayed as ur fave wigger

Comment

Kotd had their chance couple years ago

But now it's too late

Kotd too repetitive every year same battlers from grindtime and url every card

Comment

is kotds company worth online anywhere

Comment

I agree that for a while KOTD were very strong competitiors...I'm pretty sure I remember being entertained more by their content and match-ups, for a moment , years back.

They have always had some nagging problems though. One is attrition of their biggest Canadian names and legends(loe, Hollowhan, twist, bender etc), while a lot of NY/Smack/URL legends stuck around (serius jones, doodz, lux, rex, hollow etc). URL retains their old-heads and markets their up-and-comers much, much better. URL tends to do more with capitalizing strong new talent. (brizz, ttop, chess, saga etc, and how they were all battling on national tv). And of course URL has the more established brand.

KOTD often employs established and up-and-coming battlers from the States, while URL as far as I have seen, only recruits homegrown talent. That's an obvious competitive advantage that KOTD doesn't seem to be equipped to overcome.

Comment

Imo kotd (let's call it what it is- ORGANIK) passed the point of ever coming back when he did the big spinning lottery wheel

Not announcing who's battling in advance dumbest marketing idea yet

Comment

Originally posted by RandomLetters View Post
                            l
                            Kotd is like an anime convention for people who liked 8 mile, come cosplayed as ur fave wigger
                            Sigworthy

Comment

Originally posted by Fake Blanco View Post
                              Imo kotd (let's call it what it is- ORGANIK) passed the point of ever coming back when he did the big spinning lottery wheel

Not announcing who's battling in advance dumbest marketing idea yet

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X